INSIDER info on EE (all info from JOE ROHDE)

CTXRover

missionspace said:
I was just thinking! I heard the yeti is going to be about 100 feet from the train, Now you say we are going to have a hard time seeing him because he will blend into the backround! Is the Yeti going to move? and how close will he get to the train?

Yes, he will definetely move. I don't expect you to search these forums and find these tidbits, but it has been mentioned before on here how strong these AA's movements are. Joe Rohde was quoted as saying that the force it produces is equivalent to the force of a jet engine on a 737 makes. He also said the AA is housed in a building that is separate and doesn't touch the supports of the mountain or those of the coaster as the force could literally destabilize the whole structure. Another forum member who has good sources (it was either Yensid or Lee, honestly I don't remember other than remembering it was credible) that during initial tests the AA actually sheered off the bolts that tethered it to the ground. All of this may just be a result of moving such a large AA, but it apparently sounds like it took quite a bit of time and research to get it ready.

Joe Rohde once said in an interview that when you enter the room the Yeti is in he will be over 100 ft away and this was one reason he had to be so big. However, I imagine you will get much closer (within 10-20 feet?) as the train coasts by.

I imagine the coloring will make him blend in at first, but with lighting effects, the Yeti will probably become much easier to see.

animal_king1990

Thrawn said:
They are going to put a huge advertisement on it for the upcoming Disney movies.

Won't that make it look just as bad as the beige wall? It's detracting from the appearance of the mountain. Why can't they just paint it the same color as the mountain? Oh..and I also want to know about any new developments of Animal Kingdom. Will they be expanding the park or adding new rides/lands?

disnyfan89

animal_king1990 said:
Won't that make it look just as bad as the beige wall? It's detracting from the appearance of the mountain. Why can't they just paint it the same color as the mountain? Oh..and I also want to know about any new developments of Animal Kingdom. Will they be expanding the park or adding new rides/lands?
I think he was being sarcastic

AndyP

animal_king1990 said:
Won't that make it look just as bad as the beige wall? It's detracting from the appearance of the mountain. Why can't they just paint it the same color as the mountain?

Thrawn was joking. And until hiding the wall is finished, no one on here (apart from maybe our AC insiders - you lucky guys! ) knows what will be done if at all to mask the wall on the back of E:E.

animal_king1990

Have you found out the details about Expedition Everest? Like how long is the track for it, is it true the max. drop is 80ft and that it has a max speed of 50mph?

CTXRover

animal_king1990 said:
Have you found out the details about Expedition Everest? Like how long is the track for it, is it true the max. drop is 80ft and that it has a max speed of 50mph?

I don't know the total length of the track, but you're right with the max drop and speed according to what has been released by Disney.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
80ft is correct. Max speed is 55mph.

The only other "stat" thats been given is that the max track height is 120ft.

The "length" of the track would be misleading because the attraction goes both forward and backward.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
OK, let's see if I can answer some questions that have been asked. The Yeti will be really close to you (not sure on distance, but I'm assuming 10-30ft). Nothing was said about the wall at EE, but I'm almost positive something will be done about it, he said a lot of the exterior work was done, but still quite a bit left (which really only leaves the back wall) and then a lot of the interior work.

Paul, to answer your question. Harry Potter is going to be built in place of the Indy show, and back between RnRC and ToT is where the Indy ride will be built, therefore keeping all the big rides in one area. The 5th gate will not be built until the new roadway is completed, and at that time they will begin construction on the parking lot and after that, the actual park. Bald Mountain, possibly after EE is done, or they may just rename it to that like they did with Countdown to Exticintion (now Dinosaur). The monorail expansion...won't happen until they get the 5th gate going, and it will then start to expand to connect that park to the Epcot and MK lines! ;)

I think that's all for now.

nibblesandbits

WDWScottieBoy said:
Paul, to answer your question. Harry Potter is going to be built in place of the Indy show, and back between RnRC and ToT is where the Indy ride will be built, therefore keeping all the big rides in one area. The 5th gate will not be built until the new roadway is completed, and at that time they will begin construction on the parking lot and after that, the actual park. Bald Mountain, possibly after EE is done, or they may just rename it to that like they did with Countdown to Exticintion (now Dinosaur). The monorail expansion...won't happen until they get the 5th gate going, and it will then start to expand to connect that park to the Epcot and MK lines! ;)

I think that's all for now.

You say stuff like that and that's how rumors get started! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom