Germany Pavillion Question

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
The castle that is on the far left next to Oktoberfest was to be a ride down the Rhine River. My question is...Is there anything in that building? Que line, Track layout..anything?

peter11435

Cmdr_Crimson said:
The castle that is on the far left next to Oktoberfest was to be a ride down the Rhine River. My question is...Is there anything in that building? Que line, Track layout..anything?
Nope, the building is mostly empty. But parts are used for storage just like the building at Japan.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I did hear some parade/dance rehersals were also carried out in Germany - the empty building is quite big, and another 20% or so was to be added to accommodate the ride.

peter11435

marni1971 said:
I did hear some parade/dance rehersals were also carried out in Germany - the empty building is quite big, and another 20% or so was to be added to accommodate the ride.
I seem to remember hearing that some of the tapestry floats were once stored in the building.

peter11435

Connor002 said:
what was planned for Italy?
Im sorry that was a mistake. I meant to say Germany and Japan. However there was a ride planned for Italy as well, but no building or anything was ever built.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
peter11435 said:
I seem to remember hearing that some of the tapestry floats were once stored in the building.

Same here. Epcot has so much wasted space... but lets not start that one again!

Connor; you can`t really see it from onstage. There is/were two large closed doors to the right in the pavilion - this was to be the ride entrance. Apart from that it`s all backstage.

Just done a bit of research; most of the show building was never built - mainly the queue area. The space is still reserved for the main body of the ride, as shown here - the thick red line is the pavilion as built, the green shaded area the main ride area. I believe the Meet the World show building in Japan is a bigger empty area (this one was finished ready for installation)

Attachments

• Germany Rhine River superimposed.jpg
    Germany Rhine River superimposed.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 308

peter11435

From the pre-opening book "Walt Disney's Epcot Center"

The future River Ride promises to be as enjoyable as it is informative. An early concept has visitors boarding a "cruise boat" for a ride down the Rhine and other rivers, the trip affording a visual impression of the cultural heritage of Germany's past and the high lights of its present. Among the detailed models envisioned are scenes in the Black Forest, the Oktoberfest, Heidelberg, the industrial Ruhr Valley . . . the possibilities are limited only by the planners' imaginations.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It`s not impossible, but unless WDI decide World Showcase needs more attractions, and that it`s one of the easiest routes (along with Japan, though I doubt a carousel theatre will ever appear), and if the relevant governments agree, and funding is arranged, then yes.

Expect to see a monorail expansion before it though...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom