Some restaurants get new dress code

Computer Magic

This was on MousePlanet so I thought it was worth passing it on.

Flip-flops will keep you from being seated at several restaurants at Walt Disney World hotels, thanks to a new dress code. Seven of the resort's spiffiest restaurants have upgraded to a “business casual” requirement. The restaurants involved are:
  • Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
  • Flying Fish (BoardWalk)
  • California Grill (Contemporary)
  • Citricos and Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian)
  • Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge)
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club)
The restaurants are defining “business casual” as dress shorts, pants, jean pants, collared shirts, blouses and sweaters. Hats, swimsuits, swimsuit coveralls, tank tops, T-shirts, torn clothing and flip-flops are not permitted.

I always thought yactsman was business casusal, as I was there in May. Not sure about the others.

darthdarrel

Computer Magic said:
This was on MousePlanet so I thought it was worth passing it on.

Flip-flops will keep you from being seated at several restaurants at Walt Disney World hotels, thanks to a new dress code. Seven of the resort's spiffiest restaurants have upgraded to a “business casual” requirement. The restaurants involved are:
  • Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
  • Flying Fish (BoardWalk)
  • California Grill (Contemporary)
  • Citricos and Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian)
  • Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge)
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club)
The restaurants are defining “business casual” as dress shorts, pants, jean pants, collared shirts, blouses and sweaters. Hats, swimsuits, swimsuit coveralls, tank tops, T-shirts, torn clothing and flip-flops are not permitted.

I always thought yactsman was business casusal, as I was there in May. Not sure about the others.

When did they do this? We went to Narcossis and we wore dress shorts and we were permitted. this is outrageous as I never even bring pants along on my trips to disney! :mad:

Upvote 0

hcswingfield

Thanks for posting this information. We may need to rethink some of our reservations, or stash a "collared shirt" in a locker at the park until we head over to the Grand Floridian for lunch.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

I spoke to someone at WDW Dining about this and they said that it is not trully enforced. They want you to be happy at WDW was what they told me. I think unless you were wearing something offensive they will let you in.

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

I'm glad to see that they've made these changes. I thought the California Grill was already "business casual"? Everytime I've made arrangements to eat there, I was told there was a dress code. I'm not sure that was passed on to everyone though, since the 4 times we have eaten there we always see people who look like they just came from the parks in their tank tops and bathing suits. I wonder if they will actually enforce this dress code now?

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Original Poster
mrtoad said:
I spoke to someone at WDW Dining about this and they said that it is not trully enforced. They want you to be happy at WDW was what they told me. I think unless you were wearing something offensive they will let you in.
It's Disney so they probably won't turn you away unless its a sleevless AC/DC shirt.

But I did wear business casual for yachtman's, but saw others that didn't. I was told during reservation about the business casual.

My thought is either have the policy or don't. To have it and not enforce it is useless. maybe that is why this is coming out now as they plan to enforce it.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Computer Magic said:
It's Disney so they probably won't turn you away unless its a sleevless AC/DC shirt.

But I did wear business casual for yachtman's, but saw others that didn't. I was told during reservation about the business casual.

My thought is either have the policy or don't. To have it and not enforce it is useless. maybe that is why this is coming out now as they plan to enforce it.

I agree they should enforce it 100% or not at all, I was just stating what they told me when I called to ask about the new policy.

I do think they should have nice restaurants that you can eat at and dress in whatever you wore to the parks. For many that are staying off property it is a real pain to go to say the MK and then go back to your hotel to change and then go to California Grill for dinner. Even for guests who stay on property that is a pain really.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Original Poster
mrtoad said:
I agree they should enforce it 100% or not at all, I was just stating what they told me when I called to ask about the new policy.

I do think they should have nice restaurants that you can eat at and dress in whatever you wore to the parks. For many that are staying off property it is a real pain to go to say the MK and then go back to your hotel to change and then go to California Grill for dinner. Even for guests who stay on property that is a pain really.
I agree. I was lucky since we stayed at Boardwalk and Yactman's is a short walk. But you still have to allot for the time. It is time consuming and a pain to go back to your resort and change.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

mrtoad said:
I do think they should have nice restaurants that you can eat at and dress in whatever you wore to the parks.

All the "nice" restaurants in the parks are casual dress. This rule has been around for a while for several of the resort restaurants. But, they don't enforce it and I'm glad to see them starting to make a change. We have always given ourselves time to change before going out to dinner at the nicer resort eateries, if for no other reason than to take a shower and clean off the park 'grime'. :D

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Notes:

Don't be surprised when they do enforce it.

Don't pretend you didn't know. There's a "delay" between when ressies start being taken and this was introduced as required speil - so when that window closes the rule becomes law.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
Notes:

Don't be surprised when they do enforce it.

Don't pretend you didn't know. There's a "delay" between when ressies start being taken and this was introduced as required speil - so when that window closes the rule becomes law.
Yep, that's why I posted it. To help everyone be aware of the "law of Disney".

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
History:

California Grill did it first. In short, it worked. Their "window" closed a long time ago. Others followed after seeing their example.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I am not feeling the love!!!! I dont exactly dress like a slob when I Am in the parks, nor do I wear flip flops as if I know me, Id end up tripping on them, losing them or some other nonsense. I usually hit the parks mid to late morning and go until I am done. If I have to go back to my hotel to change into business casual to dine at a particular restaurant, then I am probably not going to be eating at these restuarants!!! That was always the appeal for me. I like being able to eat in a nice restuarant without having to worry about what I Am wearing being inappropriate. It is Disneyworld after all!!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Belle,

These are very high-end select restaurants. It's not like they sudden became "upscale." These are restaurants you can't eat at without spending roughly $300+ for two people.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
Belle,

These are very high-end select restaurants. It's not like they sudden became "upscale." These are restaurants you can't eat at without spending roughly $300+ for two people.
You can eat for less the $300, at least for Yachtman's. We used signature dinning but the cost would have been $175.00 for two. We didn't have any liquor which keeps the cost down.

You do seem very knowledgable, do you work for Disney?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom