EE Test fit

DisneyDellsDude

Thanks for all of the pictures! But for me, it looks like a mountain in a jungle!:eek:

Bring in the pine trees!!:D That minght be because I live in Wisconsin though!!:)

CaptainMichael

DisneyDellsDude said:
Thanks for all of the pictures! But for me, it looks like a mountain in a jungle!:eek:

Bring in the pine trees!!:D That minght be because I live in Wisconsin though!!:)

That might be the problem!!!! I don't think there are any pine trees in Asia.

CaptainMichael

The_CEO said:
The Exterior of the mountain is almost finished...

I appologize for doubting you. The photos I were looking at were obviously outdated. I saw some pictures from today and the top is indeed closed up now, and lots of snow has been added.

pbc

What is that mountain-ish thing the lift hill goes through supposed to be, exactly? Because it doesn't really look like much of anything, to me.

CaptainMichael

pbc said:
What is that mountain-ish thing the lift hill goes through supposed to be, exactly? Because it doesn't really look like much of anything, to me.

An old, worn-down temple. It has been deserted because of our little...I mean rather large and hairy friend.

JerrySchauer

Original Poster
unkadug said:
I've really enjoyed looking through your pictures JerrySchauer.
However I've got a question regarding:http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=15268&size=big

What is the cave looking opening a little to the left of center half way up with snow on top.

Is this an opening for a Yeti to appear or is it just the lighting?

If you look at the drawings you will see waterfalls cascading from various points of the structure... I know this will be the most realistic "Mountain" constructed to data. Imagine how many hidden images could be placed in the texture...

JerrySchauer

Original Poster
DisneyGrl85 said:
Very Cool photo. Thanks. BTW, where was your avatar pic taken at?

You’ll like this... I pay attention to these details…and just could not avoid the sign of fate. It's the exterior hardware on the main entrance doors to the WDW Casting center... I took it on my way in for my first job interview for a job in Key Control (Locksmith) It represents the beginnings to a dream job... However, I am not yet a Cast Member; I'm in the USAF as a Structural Craftsman (Carpenter, Welder, Mason, and Locksmith) one more year before I retire; then I'll be pursuing it once again.

imagineersrock

Not to belittle the origional photos posted by Jerry, but these new ones by Peter show us what remarkable progress is being made on Everest! -Big thanks to the both of you for sharing these pics.

I always expected big things from this attraction, but seeing it all come together is just getting me THAT much more excited... this thing is gonna be amazing!

CaptainMichael

imagineersrock said:
Not to belittle the origional photos posted by Jerry, but these new ones by Peter show us what remarkable progress is being made on Everest! -Big thanks to the both of you for sharing these pics.

Immense progress!!! They have definitey kicked construction into high gear!

Lynx04

SpenceMan01 said:
Vortex @ Paramount's Carowinds.

As far as the switch tracks go, they are rotating pieces of track. Once the train clears that section, it will rotate and point to a different path of track.

Here's a picture I drew in paint ~1 ago when we could still see the track...

EE_track1.jpg

The middle piece rotates and on one side has a piece of track that juts out to the side (not shown) that will connect with the "new" track course.

Here is a pic of the track that he his showing:

http://www.orlandorocks.com/full_photo.asp?fname=ak_ee_7_12_2004%20(4).jpg&caption=Expedition%20Everest%20construction%20site.%20%207/18/04

http://www.orlandorocks.com/full_photo.asp?fname=ak_ee_7122004_bs%20(8).jpg&caption=Expedition%20Everest%20construction%20site.%20%207/18/04

You can see the track on the bottom side of the spine.

coasterridr

This may be a stupid question but will EE have lap bars and seatbelts or only lap bars....Six Flags loves to add seatbelts and thankfully Disney doesn't usually follow that line of thinking.

CaptainMichael

coasterridr said:
This may be a stupid question but will EE have lap bars and seatbelts or only lap bars....Six Flags loves to add seatbelts and thankfully Disney doesn't usually follow that line of thinking.

Lap bars.

JerrySchauer

Original Poster
Thanks, the reason you see so much difference between the photos is more than likely because there was a considerable delay posting my photos. I evacuated to WDW for Hurricane Dennis; took the photos on July 11th. Returning home I did not have electricity for a few days. Peter's photos were posted in a timely manner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom