Halloween Horror Nights 2017 Official thread

JT3000

They are honing in on those specialty drinks because they make bank on them.

If you want to maximize profits from alcoholic beverages, the key is to not put any alcohol in them. Anyone who's ever had the specialty drinks can attest to this. ;)

At least they added frozen drinks this year. I haven't heard if they're any good yet.

that drink was nasty as hell

Which drink?

Disneydreamer23

If you want to maximize profits from alcoholic beverages, the key is to not put any alcohol in them. Anyone who's ever had the specialty drinks can attest to this. ;)

At least they added frozen drinks this year. I haven't heard if they're any good yet.

Which drink?
the featured one. Liquid courage was orange and there was a purple one. They taste bad together and separate.

raven

Twitter's reporting that the Krustyland area lost power tonight during HHN.
The entire Simpson area, Ash vs. Evil Dead, Scarecrow and Hive all lost power last night just before 10pm and was out for the remainder of the night. Crews were working all night to insure power is back for tonight. This is the first large type of power outage at Universal in 8 years.

Tom Morrow

The entire Simpson area, Ash vs. Evil Dead, Scarecrow and Hive all lost power last night just before 10pm and was out for the remainder of the night. Crews were working all night to insure power is back for tonight. This is the first large type of power outage at Universal in 8 years.
Just a month or two ago, most of IOA lost power.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Anyone ever go in the rain? Are the scare zones shut down?

Is Jimmy Fallon open during HHN?

The scare zones don't shut down as such however chainsaws aren't used during the rain and the stilt walkers have to remove their stilts and walk round normally. Also some of the small stages where performers dance around are vacated during the rain. Not sure on Fallon but the official HHN site will answer that one.

JT3000

Anyone ever go in the rain? Are the scare zones shut down?

Is Jimmy Fallon open during HHN?

Depends on how heavy the rain is. Anything more than a light drizzle and the street actors go backstage. If it's really bad, certain houses might close due to flooding. Once it clears up, the street actors will return but stilts and certain other effects will be missing for the rest of the night. You want to avoid rain at HHN if at all possible.

Fallon is not open. One of the houses uses its entrance and extended queue.

Last edited:

raven

It rained ever night of HHN last weekend and so far this weekend. Crowds still showed up, drank and had a good time.

And Jimmy Fallon is closed during HHN.

bclane

I've never been to HHN even though we have premier APs and get free tickets to it every year (on special passholder nights only). Just not into blood and guts horror. But we're actually thinking about going this year. Does anyone know if the express pass that comes with premier APs works for HHN? I seriously doubt it but doesn't hurt to ask. It only works after 4 in the parks on regular days so it is not like an Express pass you would purchase.

Edit: nevermind, I looked it up and not even the resort guest express pass works at HHN so there is no way the premier pass one works lol!

Last edited:

ryan1

Overall the houses were all good this year with only Blumhouse being subpar (I thought). Much better than last year and I'm so happy to have the Walking Dead gone. The alcohol change was a big surprise and not in a good way. Luckily the couple of full bars around the park still served but it was a hassle to walk back each time. The premixed drink was awful but since we always get a souvenir cup we had to buy one.

Thankfully they stopped being cheap and brought back the logos on cups this year instead of just HHN 27 so I'm more willing to forgive them about making me buy that drink to get one. However I think its a bad way to go about it.

Also, again this year there is no way to do the event without fastpass if you are only going one night. I did notice the wait for fastpass lines were shorter than last year so the spike in price for FP seemed to have a positive effect for those who purchased them.

raven

Overall the houses were all good this year with only Blumhouse being subpar (I thought). Much better than last year and I'm so happy to have the Walking Dead gone. The alcohol change was a big surprise and not in a good way. Luckily the couple of full bars around the park still served but it was a hassle to walk back each time. The premixed drink was awful but since we always get a souvenir cup we had to buy one.

Thankfully they stopped being cheap and brought back the logos on cups this year instead of just HHN 27 so I'm more willing to forgive them about making me buy that drink to get one. However I think its a bad way to go about it.

Also, again this year there is no way to do the event without fastpass if you are only going one night. I did notice the wait for fastpass lines were shorter than last year so the spike in price for FP seemed to have a positive effect for those who purchased them.
Last night for the last half of the night most of the houses were walk-on. Not sure if the crazy lightning storm changed everyone away or if it was just abnormally slow. But a lot of guests bought Express and were kind of upset that it didn't really make any difference, but there is no control over that if wait times are low. Either way they still get to walk straight in.

I also say Blumhouse is on the bottom of the list this year. It's seemed to be an afterthought and thrown together quickly.

As far as alcohol goes guests are still finding it and Friday night there were so many overly inebriated people about that security and OPD were pulling people left and right. I followed a guy through The Shining that ended up puking on the floor in front of the actor in the bear costume. He was stumbling into actors all the way through and was detained by security at the exit.

At least they aren't seeing the problems like they are at HHN Hollywood this year. Actors have been body slammed, put in head locks, tripped and punch in the stomach and face by guests.

JT3000

I think I may have jinxed myself. This rain is starting to become a serious killjoy. Two nights in a row. :arghh: I've never seen the park that flooded.

At least they aren't seeing the problems like they are at HHN Hollywood this year. Actors have been body slammed, put in head locks, tripped and punch in the stomach and face by guests.

I don't want to give anyone any ideas, but they've done worse to our scareactors (and even other guests) in the past. You'd be surprised what gets past a metal detector. :cautious: People finally behaving on either coast would be a small miracle.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom