Minnie Van

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
I've read conflicting reports about how fully operational the Minnie Van's are... meaning some are saying they are only picking up at certain deluxe resorts right now and others saying they've gone site wide to all the resorts. Has anyone stayed at one of the moderates or value resorts and been able to be picked up by the new Minnie Van lyft option?

CarlFredricksen

I've read conflicting reports about how fully operational the Minnie Van's are... meaning some are saying they are only picking up at certain deluxe resorts right now and others saying they've gone site wide to all the resorts. Has anyone stayed at one of the moderates or value resorts and been able to be picked up by the new Minnie Van lyft option?

We just got home having stayed at Beach Club. We used the service roughly 5 times while there.

In order to gain access to the service, your hotel has to enter a special access code into your Lyft account so that your account is tagged as being able to use the Minnie Van Service. Once your account is tagged, it's there for good. Currently, only a handful of hotels allow you to enter the access code, however once you have it, you have it forever. So if we stay at Saratoga Springs next week, and they aren't a hotel that currently offers it, we can still utilize it since we have previously been tagged. Likewise, one of our drivers said that certain guests staying in the club level at other hotels where the service is currently 'not' operational have been given access as a courtosey.

So to answer your question, it is and it isn't site wide. I could use it anywhere (picked up and dropped off anywhere on property since my account is tagged), but a guest staying at all star Music (for example) may not. I could take it from All Star Music to the MK right now; but if All Star Music isn't live yet, guests currently staying there would not be able to take it from ASM to MK even though I can.

The program is still in Beta mode, so it's not available to all guests but it is available everywhere. They are slowly rolling it out to more hotels and the guests staying at those hotels.

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
We just got home having stayed at Beach Club. We used the service roughly 5 times while there.

In order to gain access to the service, your hotel has to enter a special access code into your Lyft account so that your account is tagged as being able to use the Minnie Van Service. Once your account is tagged, it's there for good. Currently, only a handful of hotels allow you to enter the access code, however once you have it, you have it forever. So if we stay at Saratoga Springs next week, and they aren't a hotel that currently offers it, we can still utilize it since we have previously been tagged. Likewise, one of our drivers said that certain guests staying in the club level at other hotels where the service is currently 'not' operational have been given access as a courtosey.

So to answer your question, it is and it isn't site wide. I could use it anywhere (picked up and dropped off anywhere on property since my account is tagged), but a guest staying at all star Music (for example) may not. I could take it from All Star Music to the MK right now; but if All Star Music isn't live yet, guests currently staying there would not be able to take it from ASM to MK even though I can.

The program is still in Beta mode, so it's not available to all guests but it is available everywhere. They are slowly rolling it out to more hotels and the guests staying at those hotels.

Thanks. That's actually the best explanation. Appreciate your time.

Hcalvert

I got picked up by a Minnie Van for free at Magic Kingdom's bus depot. My family and I were standing at the Boardwalk bus stop and a Minnie Van pulled up and a cast member asked us where we were going. We told her Fantasia Mini-Golf and she offered to give us a lift to it and would not accept a tip. She dropped us right off in front of the golf course. Of course, this was before (June 2017) Disney announced the Minnie Vans as a mode of transportation for a fee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom