The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Cesar, I think it was more wishful thinking on @MySmallWorldof4 's part, that a very large plane should have parachutes. ;) I thought it was a great idea, even though it would never happen on a larger plane. :) My guess is she was referring to something like this one--

p01nw79c.jpg

Although, according to this article from the BBC, some aviation science geeks came up with a formula for the larger planes--21 parachutes. Link below--interesting reading:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20131223-should-planes-have-parachutes

I remember when the Cirrus came out, and I was fascinated!
And, I've read that article before. Indeed, an interesting read. :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I tried to multi quote the condolences messages, from a few of you, and it just did not turn out well. So I thank all of you. I found out that my friend died in his sleep, and there is some comfort in that. He had many health issues to overcome, and well maybe it was just his time. My dad always said that somewhere "upstairs" your end date is stamped, and nothing can change that. My friends name was Barry and he leaves behind a lot of friends and family who will indeed miss him, and not forget him.

Oh Dear! I am so sorry. Sad. :(

Gabe1

I make bison meatloaf maybe twice a month. If you didn't know it was bison, you'd think it was regular ground beef. And any leftover meatloaf is awesome in a sammie -- heated up, with some melted cheese and ketchup. :hungry:

mmmm....Bison. Disney Bison, even better.
DSC_5188.jpg

I'm a fan of Bison. Then again I love most meat. Now lamb...I'd have to become a vegetarian. Can't even swallow the stuff.

Gabe1

Sadly Sergeant Pizza passed away. *tears* A 28 year air force vet that just kept on giving. The founder of Pizza's 4 Patriots. An awesome, generous man, friend to all. Passed away in his sleep at 58 years old. :( Since 2008, Evans managed to send a million slices overseas with Pizzas 4 Patriots. His mission expanded to VA hospitals across the country where he held pizza parties for veterans.

patriots%20for%20pizzas%204_1486240700635_2703857_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Since 2008 Pizza Patriots sent well over a million slices overseas with Pizzas 4 Patriots twice a year starting with Superbowl Sunday. He then expanded his Pizza's to VA hospitals across the country where he held pizza parties for veterans. He will be missed.

Gabe1

Yes, class outside would be nice. But they would all be like little Dougs..."squirrel!"

My guess is in classrooms without A/C students and staff are in pure survival mode...squirrels would likely be better.

Our town funded A/C for our students when my son was a toddler. Fortunate to live in a small town that supports children and learning environments. Our town has 3 schools, Primary, Elementary and Middle. By all rights we do not have enough students to support one building total. So when the town leaders when we first moved here rallied for the schools to have A/C I was all in as was the overwhelming population. We did a 4 year tax increase for the school portion of our tax bill which paid for it in a 4 year payment plan/tax increase. After the 4 years the tax bill portion for schools reverted to a lower rate. It was a good tax referendum for students and staff.

Gabe1

One of our cats must have brought in a leaf bug last night. I saw it dead by the back door this morning. I was not a happy camper kicking it out of the house. Eeeew!! There have been more bugs in the last week. Spiders in the house, stink bugs trying to get in, etc. Yuck! I hate bugs!

Speak for yourself. It was a lovely 87.:D Yes this should have been in August, but we had low 70's in August with 40's and 50's at night so we are just making up for those screwy summer numbers now. ;)

I'm fine with the 80's. Once it hits 90s and humidity and dew points high I'm out. Tomorrow forecast 95. My DD has to travel tomorrow, I will give her my truck for her to go to work. Nothing I would do can't wait. This isn't to break until Wednesday next week. Same as Disney last week but Disney is easier to ignore and plow through it all.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Being a fan of flying like myself, you really should see if there's a place near you where you can go for a ride in a gyroplane. It probably won't be free of charge, but, it was well worth it, in my case!
Speaking to just the landing aspect, it was truly amazing...
We had a good headwind at about 700 ft. approaching the begining of the runway. He had reduced power to the point where it seemed like we were almost hovering. We then autorotated down some more, and he nosed it down for landing at a pretty steep angle. He then rounded it out just above the runway and we were at a dead stop on the ground in mere seconds! Sooo awesome...!!!!! :joyfull:
Depending on the wind, they can actually land (from main gear touchdown) in as little as the WIDTH of most runways...about 50 ft....!!! :)
I'm planning on booking another flight, soon...!!! :inlove:

Wow. Talk about a sweet landing! :inlove:

Interesting that I couldn't find much of anything about gyroplanes up here. Plenty of airplane and helicopter instruction, as well as gliders, but not much information about gyroplanes. They must be more popular down South.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sadly Sergeant Pizza passed away. *tears* A 28 year air force vet that just kept on giving. The founder of Pizza's 4 Patriots. An awesome, generous man, friend to all. Passed away in his sleep at 58 years old. :( Since 2008, Evans managed to send a million slices overseas with Pizzas 4 Patriots. His mission expanded to VA hospitals across the country where he held pizza parties for veterans.

patriots%20for%20pizzas%204_1486240700635_2703857_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Since 2008 Pizza Patriots sent well over a million slices overseas with Pizzas 4 Patriots twice a year starting with Superbowl Sunday. He then expanded his Pizza's to VA hospitals across the country where he held pizza parties for veterans. He will be missed.

Never heard of this before. What an amazing man. May he RIP (a BIG place in heaven was waiting for him)..

Figgy1

Premium Member
On Tuesday when I had the clothing store closer, on our side of town, it was backed up about 1.5 miles further...!!! :eek:
I called the owner and let him know I was probably gonna' be about 15 mins. late. He said no problem. Through the use of a different route, and a little "creative" :cautious: ;) driving, I got there only 2 mins. Late...! :)
:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious: I've never done that I'm a nice safe slow driver:angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom