Trip Report ** COMPLETED** The Wine and Dine and Halloween Time (in August) Trip Report

Hey guys! Sorry for falling off the face of the Earth for a few weeks. Its taking me a little bit longer to recover from my eye surgery than I would have liked so I still have a hard time seeing my computer screen (plus I actually had to go back to full time work :):joyfull:). Anyway, I am going to *slowly* work on my TR! Also half my pictures may or may not be blurry and I still couldn't tell you :p

Who?
The usual cast...my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404115363867.JPG

When?
August 29-September 3, 2017

Where?
The Polynesian - Club Level (thanks to a very last minute discount I happened to find after stalking the website for months)

Why?
This trip was planned before our other summer trips :) We wanted to go to Disney right before I started back to work plus thanks to things happening earlier than ever it gave us the opportunity to experience Halloween and Food and Wine :)

Day 1 August 29, 2017
This morning we got up fairly early and got ready for the airport. Unlike our last trip my Mom did not have to work this day so we got an extra full day in the World :)
I was still (am still...) recovering from my eye surgery 3 days prior so I could not wear makeup yet. Get used to seeing my very light sensitive squinty eyes as well :joyfull::p
DSC_6050.jpg

DSC_6051.jpg

We got to the airport, got our bags checked and got through security very quickly so we headed to get some breakfast. Bagel time :)
DSC_6054.jpg

DSC_6056.jpg

My Mom took the time to take this lovely picture of me experiencing some residual eye pain :p
file-4.jpg

We usually get fountain pop with our breakfast but their machine wasn't working so we headed to Tim Hortons instead. The worker insisted I try White Hot Chocolate...it was OK but not great :) My Mom got some iced tea
DSC_6057.jpg
DSC_6058.jpg

While waiting for our flight to board there was a girl sitting across from us who was SO nervous and asked me if she had time to go to the bathroom before we boarded....mind you we were boarding in 25 minutes :joyfull::joyfull:
Anyway, soon enough it was time to board our plane :)
Orange Magic Bands for the win! We choose orange for Halloween :)
DSC_6062.jpg

The gang was ready to fly
DSC_6065.jpg

Next up: we land!

Figaro Family

I have been following your report the last couple of days but hadn't chimed in yet. I can't believe you were at the August 29 Halloween party! That was the last night of my family vacation and we went to the MNSSHP that night too! We were also waiting in line to get in at 4pm. Now I'll be looking through all my photos from that night to see if there's a familiar Pooh and Tigger in the background:joyfull:.

amjt660

Premium Member
Next up was Peter Pan's Flight. I accidentally cut off a family in front of me and apologized and said something about not being able to see and the little girl for sure thought I was blind and kept staring at my face :joyfull::joyfull:
Wow - way to take advantage of the partial blindness to cut off a small child
What's next - stealing cotton candy from a baby
no wait - @Tuvalu beat you to it on that one!!!;)

Max

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I didn't think you were allowed to bring those camping seats into the parks, and anyway who could be bothered humphing them about the whole evening!!

Right? I have no idea why you would want to carry that around all night but she did look like she was settled in for the night :)

I'm here!
You and your mom are so cute in your costumes!
I promised not to look at your sandals

Thank you! I didn't think the sandals were that bad until my sister made fun of us :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I have been following your report the last couple of days but hadn't chimed in yet. I can't believe you were at the August 29 Halloween party! That was the last night of my family vacation and we went to the MNSSHP that night too! We were also waiting in line to get in at 4pm. Now I'll be looking through all my photos from that night to see if there's a familiar Pooh and Tigger in the background:joyfull:.

You were?! Aw too bad we didn't run into each other :)

Loved your costumes!

Thank you :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Following - and enjoying! Love both of your costumes!!

Hoping your eyes are doing much better by now!

Thank you they are slowly getting better :)

Your costumes are sooo cute! I've only been to the Halloween party once and we just wore themed T-shirts.. I couldn't imagine being in the heat in a costume!

Thats why we wore skirts! It was so hot and my tank top was very heavy so I was really sweaty. I don't know how people wear full costumes!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
More random pictures
DSC_6139.jpg

DSC_6140.jpg

Next up was the Peoplemover of course
DSC_6143.jpg

DSC_6144.jpg

Our last FP was for Dumbo!
DSC_6151.jpg

DSC_6152.jpg

DSC_6155.jpg

The party didn't start yet but we stopped to take a picture with the treat signs
DSC_6157.jpg

I think my Mom was pretending to eat the candy corn :hungry:
DSC_6158.jpg

Our big plan for the evening was to meet Pooh and friends (for obvious reasons) so we walked over to their Meet and Greet. People were still in line for the regular Pooh and Tigger and there was no line for Halloween yet so we decided to ride Winnie the Pooh :)
DSC_6161.jpg

Next up: more Halloween !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404550999514.JPG

IMG_4785.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404550999516.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404550999538.JPG

I mean...honestly. This was adorable! Pooh and Tigger gave us so much attention for dressing like them and it was so sweet! I only wish I could see better/not so light sensitive :)
After our M and G we hopped on the teacups :) The super nice thing about this particular party was it was not very crowded making the ride lines even shorter.
DSC_6172.jpg

DSC_6174.jpg

The CM working at the teacups said to me "hello tiger" :confused: Tiger?! Hello I'm TiGGer :p
After the teacups we went Trick or Treating at Storybook Circus. The lines were long but they moved quickly.
DSC_6177.jpg

Next up we noticed that Goofy had a short wait so we hopped in his line :)
The people in front of us kept yelling at the PP CM to not take a Horizontal picture :oops:
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404551759729.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404551759731.JPG

Goofy was so cute in his Pirate costume!

Next up: night time at Halloween Party!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom