Tomorrowland Transit Authority refurbishment

MichRX7

Premium Member
why would you want these back...... totally kidding id be offering to chip in to rebuild these beauties...
524067715_d237d823fe_o.jpg

For some reason every time I see these now in my old family photos I keep waiting for the Eye of Sauron to show up between the two posts...

ppete1975

omg those are GORGEOUS!!! when did they get ride of those?
1994 remember when they tried to make all the tomorrowlands steam punk and painted Space mountain bronze at Disneyland (shudders)

For most of its history, Tomorrowland's color scheme was predominantly white with soft blues, creating a retro-modernist landscape. Huge monolithic towers, spires, and clean lines completed the futuristic look. In 1994, using inspiration from Discoveryland at Disneyland Paris, Tomorrowland was completely re-built and altered to resemble a galactic spaceport as it would have been envisioned by the science-fiction comic strips of the early 20th century, like Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers. Tomorrowland has since been given a much more metallic look, along with new darker blues and purples, especially along its main concourse leading from the central hub.

Speaking of does anyone have pics of them being demolished?

Last edited:

HMF

1994 remember when they tried to make all the tomorrowlands steam punk and painted space ship earth gold (shudders)

For most of its history, Tomorrowland's color scheme was predominantly white with soft blues, creating a retro-modernist landscape. Huge monolithic towers, spires, and clean lines completed the futuristic look. In 1994, using inspiration from Discoveryland at Disneyland Paris, Tomorrowland was completely re-built and altered to resemble a galactic spaceport as it would have been envisioned by the science-fiction comic strips of the early 20th century, like Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers. Tomorrowland has since been given a much more metallic look, along with new darker blues and purples, especially along its main concourse leading from the central hub.

Spaceship Earth was never gold and Space Mountain was only painted bronze in Disneyland which only mercifully lasted a few years.

Cmdr_Crimson

I wonder if they'll take the property in a different direction. It makes more sense to move this into tween territory and make in an XD program but even if they don't go in that direction the show will presumably veer away from the TTA tie in. Knowing this; I can't imagine WDI bastardizing TTA with this property. A good sign!
Nope....According to this video.....*Sigh* They still work for The TTA.......:banghead:

Last edited:

ppete1975

Spaceship Earth was never gold and Space Mountain was only painted bronze in Disneyland which only mercifully lasted a few years.
OMG how tired was I when I wrote that!!! I read your comment and was like, I said space mountain... then reread and decided I need to proofread better. Thanks for pointing it out.. editing now :(
Multitasking really doesn't work.
CAn you imagine if Martin made that mistake on one of his hints..

WDWTank

1994 remember when they tried to make all the tomorrowlands steam punk and painted Space mountain bronze at Disneyland (shudders)

I LOVE the galactic spaceport look! :)

Brad Bishop

I wish they'd either finish it (MK) or put it back. It's dumb that nearly 25 years ago they 1/2 did Tomorrowland and then just stopped and that's where it's been trapped. Half way.

ppete1975

Any pics on what this was supposed to look like? Any chance of them doing more.. or do they consider it done? I'm assuming they feel its done, theme wise but maybe with tron coming in?

Ralphlaw

like yesterday please!!! the narration was one of the worst things they did this last time.

Yes! Yes! A thousand times Yes!

The current narration is a flaccid, limp, bland, beige, trite, windless, sophomoric, driveling, sniveling, cowardly, stiff, philistinic, grey, spray-painted, low-budget, wimpy-voiced, understudied, last minute, side issued, formicaed, duct-taped, time-wasting, disrespectful, easily-improved crime against creativity. How this ever passed committee is beyond me. How anyone with a pair of working synapses could call this an "improvement" is a great mystery of Disney ineptitude and possible graft toward the sin of mediocrity. Why did they ever replace the prior bit of clever fun that was the narration up until about ten years ago? They traded in a '57 Chevy for an '87 Yugo. Brett Favre for David Klingler. Walter Cronkite for Geraldo Rivera. Filet mignon for mystery meat (although there at least is a bit of "mystery" when biting into mystery meat).

Delete, erase, exterminate, disintegrate, wipe away, and otherwise salt the earth of Mr. WimpyVoice and his inane ramblings that are anything but out of this world. The universe would be so much better if the current iteration was never remembered, especially given the comparative gem that it replaced.

*Q*

The current narration is a flaccid, limp, bland, beige, trite, windless, sophomoric, driveling, sniveling, cowardly, stiff, philistinic, grey, spray-painted, low-budget, wimpy-voiced, understudied, last minute, side issued, formicaed, duct-taped, time-wasting, disrespectful, easily-improved crime against creativity. How this ever passed committee is beyond me. How anyone with a pair of working synapses could call this an "improvement" is a great mystery of Disney ineptitude and possible graft toward the sin of mediocrity. Why did they ever replace the prior bit of clever fun that was the narration up until about ten years ago? They traded in a '57 Chevy for an '87 Yugo. Brett Favre for David Klingler. Walter Cronkite for Geraldo Rivera. Filet mignon for mystery meat (although there at least is a bit of "mystery" when biting into mystery meat).

Delete, erase, exterminate, disintegrate, wipe away, and otherwise salt the earth of Mr. WimpyVoice and his inane ramblings that are anything but out of this world. The universe would be so much better if the current iteration was never remembered, especially given the comparative gem that it replaced.
This is... disturbing.

bcoachable

"Liked" if for nothing else the effort that it took to come up with all of those...

*Q*

Indeed, it is disturbing that Disney would do such a thing.
I don't have a problem with the current narration. I'm glad it's referred to as the PeopleMover again, and I actually really appreciate the tribute to the original Jack Wagner Monorail spiel, who was also the first narrator of the PeopleMover. I also understand why they changed it, since they're getting away from the whole "Tomorrowland as a community" theme.

Cmdr_Crimson

I had posted this before..But,The voice of the TTA is Mike Brassell
latest

Not only do you hear his voice on the TTA.......He's also the narrator of Living with the Land....Annnnnd...He was the one who also composed the
"Stary-O-Sound" track while your riding Space Mountain....
My Guess he's "Trying" (By trying I mean really meh on this) Mimicking the way Orac-1 use to do his spiel as he also had a nerdy simplistic voice...

Prince Thomas

pix of them getting demo'd would be EPIC!!!

Ralphlaw

I had posted this before..But,The voice of the TTA is Mike Brassell
latest

Not only do you hear his voice on the TTA.......He's also the narrator of Living with the Land....Annnnnd...He was the one who also composed the
"Stary-O-Sound" track while your riding Space Mountain....
My Guess he's "Trying" (By trying I mean really meh on this) Mimicking the way Orac-1 use to do his spiel as he also had a nerdy simplistic voice...

It sounded like the same voice for both, but it is appropriate for Livin' With the Land. Not for the TTA. The old TTA narration had a powerful male voice and a sort of cosmic female voice which worked very well together. Mike's voice is simply a step down from the great voices that they used in the past, and is more of a sales pitch than anything else. In short, it stinks by comparison. I'm sure Mike is a fine human being, but the overall narration is (see above list of adjectives) compared to what it replaced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom