Trip Report ** COMPLETED** The Wine and Dine and Halloween Time (in August) Trip Report

Hey guys! Sorry for falling off the face of the Earth for a few weeks. Its taking me a little bit longer to recover from my eye surgery than I would have liked so I still have a hard time seeing my computer screen (plus I actually had to go back to full time work :):joyfull:). Anyway, I am going to *slowly* work on my TR! Also half my pictures may or may not be blurry and I still couldn't tell you :p

Who?
The usual cast...my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404115363867.JPG

When?
August 29-September 3, 2017

Where?
The Polynesian - Club Level (thanks to a very last minute discount I happened to find after stalking the website for months)

Why?
This trip was planned before our other summer trips :) We wanted to go to Disney right before I started back to work plus thanks to things happening earlier than ever it gave us the opportunity to experience Halloween and Food and Wine :)

Day 1 August 29, 2017
This morning we got up fairly early and got ready for the airport. Unlike our last trip my Mom did not have to work this day so we got an extra full day in the World :)
I was still (am still...) recovering from my eye surgery 3 days prior so I could not wear makeup yet. Get used to seeing my very light sensitive squinty eyes as well :joyfull::p
DSC_6050.jpg

DSC_6051.jpg

We got to the airport, got our bags checked and got through security very quickly so we headed to get some breakfast. Bagel time :)
DSC_6054.jpg

DSC_6056.jpg

My Mom took the time to take this lovely picture of me experiencing some residual eye pain :p
file-4.jpg

We usually get fountain pop with our breakfast but their machine wasn't working so we headed to Tim Hortons instead. The worker insisted I try White Hot Chocolate...it was OK but not great :) My Mom got some iced tea
DSC_6057.jpg
DSC_6058.jpg

While waiting for our flight to board there was a girl sitting across from us who was SO nervous and asked me if she had time to go to the bathroom before we boarded....mind you we were boarding in 25 minutes :joyfull::joyfull:
Anyway, soon enough it was time to board our plane :)
Orange Magic Bands for the win! We choose orange for Halloween :)
DSC_6062.jpg

The gang was ready to fly
DSC_6065.jpg

Next up: we land!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I'm in! I am sorry your eyes still haven't healed but hope it will happen soon.
You look great without make-up and so far none of the pictures are blurry. :)

Thank you so much thats so kind of you to say :)

Glad to see you back and hope your eyes are getting better :)

They are getting better slowly! I can see my computer better at least (with large print) which makes work a lot easier :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster

Thanks for following !

I'm in!! :) I keep meaning to ask and I'm sure you've written this before but what is the reason for you having your pics taken at the beginning of each trip with your holiday dates on?

Can't wait to read more!! :joyfull:

I have no idea...my Mom has always done that with trips since we were little so we still do it :joyfull: I should ask her what started it I never actually questioned it because my friends families always did it too :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I hope your eyes are feeling better soon. Looking forward to another great TR :)

Thank you! They are slowly getting better and better :)

BCDD and Mom take on Florida??and Megan can barely see???
This one sounds like fun - sounds like a good Seinfeld episode....
Count me in

Max

:joyfull::joyfull: It did make for some interesting times but thankfully I know Disney pretty well and could still navigate us around. My Mom always admits that she completely depends on me to navigate us so it was a good test for her to see how well she knew Disney (she only made a few wrong turns :joyfull:).

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Following alone! Hopefully your eyes are all healed/ with 10/10 vision/ not red anymore?? :joyfull::joyfull:

Haha...no perfect vision yet but it is getting better!

Yay!! Excited to see you started your report. I hope your eyes are much better now!!

They are getting better....much much better than what they were in Florida!

I'm following along!
Hope the sun wasn't too harsh for your eyes!

I was lucky the light sensitivity went away very quickly in Florida because otherwise it would have been brutal.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
We were the last stop getting off DME but we weren't in a hurry so we didn't care :)
The Club Level check in CM actually found us getting off the bus so gave us our leis and checked us in. Our room wasn't ready yet but he walked us over to Hawaii anyway to do our check in there. The Hawaii building was actually in a power outage so it was kind of weird there :joyfull:
That didn't stop us from going up to the lounge and getting a snack though !
DSC_6095.jpg

Those chips are like the best...we definitely ate our fair share of them over the few days we were there!
DSC_6097.jpg

It actually started pouring at this point so I was grateful that for once I didn't push us to go to the parks right away :)
We were starving for real food so we headed to Capt. Cooks. I got a flatbread to eat
DSC_6099.jpg

And my Mom got chicken nuggets :)
DSC_6100.jpg

Oh, she also got a cupcake :)
DSC_6101.jpg

After eating we had planned on sitting by the pool to wait for our room to be ready but it was closed for lightening so we spent some time in the lobby.
DSC_6103.jpg

Even though it was raining it was actually very sunny in the lobby hence the sunglasses :)
DSC_6108.jpg

This is my Mom's can our room please be ready soon face :joyfull:
DSC_6110.jpg

Then I made her take a normal picture....
DSC_6111.jpg

Then she pretended to be sleeping...clearly we were bored :)
DSC_6113.jpg

In case anyone is curious we were waiting for our room and not going to the park because we were going to the Halloween party and I wanted to get to the park around 4 in our costumes instead of wearing them around the park longer (because mine was kind of hot).

Next up: finally getting to the park

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
Finally after some time we decided to inquire about our room. The CM in Hawaii checked and they were cleaning our room as we spoke so said she couldn't give an exact time but she would predict about 20 minutes. OK no problem. So we hung out in the Hawaii lounge and time kept ticking by. We waited almost 40 minutes and still nothing. At this point it was after 3 and we had decided we would just have to get changed in the lobby bathroom before heading to the park. My Mom did think to ask the lobby check-in desk people about our room, though, and the lovely CM actually ended up asking his manager if he could give us a different room so that we could get in it. Thankfully the manager said yes so we finally got our room :)
We got dressed quickly then headed to the monorail for the MK!
IMG_4773.JPG

Its Halloween time in the MK!
DSC_6120.jpg

My Mom and I were initially confused because last year we got our trick or treat bags right when we walked in and this year we didn't. I did ask someone and they said we would get them when the trick or treating started. Well, turns out you actually get them in the side entrance where the Halloween party started! It was much more organized than last year which was nice! Plus they had all this stuff set up for pictures and such and it was cool!
DSC_6121.jpg

DSC_6122.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404546283958.JPG

You actually get candy right when going into the party with your bag so we got that and then headed to our first FP...
DSC_6124.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8090935723.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8090936509.jpeg

Next up was Peter Pan's Flight. I accidentally cut off a family in front of me and apologized and said something about not being able to see and the little girl for sure thought I was blind and kept staring at my face :joyfull::joyfull:
DSC_6126.jpg

Next up: more Halloween fun!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
We then headed to the Carousel :)
DSC_6128.jpg

This picture I know is blurry because its from my Mom's phone :)
file-4.jpg

After our ride we walked around a bit :)
DSC_6133.jpg

DSC_6135.jpg

DSC_6137.jpg

We stopped on a bench to FaceTime my sister and nephew before moving on. My Mom had the camera more this trip and continued to take splendid pictures :joyfull::joyfull:
DSC_6138.jpg

I actually think the point of the picture was to show the woman next to me who brought her own chair to the park :joyfull:
When then stopped for some photo pass pictures :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404548224621.JPG

My Mom got eaten by dancing ghosts :rolleyes:
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404548224647.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404548224656.JPG

In case anyone noticed my Mom and I did indeed exchange flip flops for actual sandals. After last trip when we were slipping all over the MK we went out and got what we called "smart shoes." :joyfull: We both prefer flip flops but the shoes were nice when it was slippery and raining out :) I actually brought a pair of flip flops to change into but my Mom didn't so I ended up giving her mine for a good portion of the night :) My sister Jill made fun of our shoes which is why I even bring them up :p

Next up: Finishing off FPs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom