News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I know it's only been a couple hours since the video went live, but I'm enjoying the comment section that is in a state of "This was cool but now it's going to be a IP dumping ground". Maybe they'll get the message at some point.
Some of my favorite comments:

"I'm surprised Disney allowed this, completly restored, when they've been trying to convince us that Snow Queens, CGI Fish and CGI racoons, talking trees and toon rats belong there"

"such an original and creative park! ...turned into IPcot"

"What an amazing concept this place was, now nothing but an IP dumping ground. So so sad Disney."

And the winner:
"Boy, you guys really ruined EPCOT. Didn't you?"

brb1006

I know it's only been a couple hours since the video went live, but I'm enjoying the comment section that is in a state of "This was cool but now it's going to be a IP dumping ground". Maybe they'll get the message at some point.
That might explain why the video might had been unlisted. Since most of the comments appear to be made more intelligent instead of giving positive and praise. The comments actually felt like I was watching one of Martin's tribute videos since most appear to be from huge fans of Epcot and classic WDW.

brb1006

Some of my favorite comments:

"I'm surprised Disney allowed this, completly restored, when they've been trying to convince us that Snow Queens, CGI Fish and CGI racoons, talking trees and toon rats belong there"

"such an original and creative park! ...turned into IPcot"

"What an amazing concept this place was, now nothing but an IP dumping ground. So so sad Disney."

And the winner:
"Boy, you guys really ruined EPCOT. Didn't you?"
I'm picturing comments being turned into picket signs at protests for Classic Epcot vs IPcot if that ever happens in the future.

rocketraccoon

Temporary walls have been put up by the VISION House and part of the curtain at Innoventions East was moved over. The 35th store is at Innoventions West, so I'm not sure what they're doing here.

20171001_094310.jpg
20171001_094330.jpg
20171001_094306.jpg

That entire side of Innoventions is lit up.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So.......when’s this all going to start? Looks like they’ve got LOTS to work on. Shouldn’t they be starting within the next 6-12 months?

There's no rush with this presumed completion schedule:

2017 & 2018: Nothing (big) due to complete in Epcot

• EP: Space Restaurant opens
  • EP: Spaceship Earth gets a regular refurb
  • EP: late in year: Gran Fiesta closes for a Coco overhaul
  • EP: fall: Riviera DVC opens

• EP: 3rd Quarter: Rat Ride
  • EP: Coco overhaul opens at Mexico pavilion
  • EP: Innoventions overhaul (most likely demo'd)
  • EP: Illuminations next version

• EP: Spring: Guardians of the Universe of Energy opens
  • EP: Spine renovation
  • EP: some sort of UK Ride
  • EP: Brazil pavilion opens, or 2022
  • EP: Nothing happening in Wonders of Life until maybe at this time or later

• EP: 40th Anniversary
  • EP: Maybe an Imagination renovation, or 2023

• EP: thee new national pavilions by then... maybe

see here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-timeline-tracker-v-2.934137/#post-7911463

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom