Trip Report JenniferS was live! 9/6/17 - 9/16/17

This will be my fourth live trip report in a year, and after NYC last week, I thought Hubby had reached his limit, but he says, "No, go ahead, do a live trip report. It lets me control the tv while you talk to your friends." (As we meet more of my WDWDisney friends, he uses finger quotes around "friends" less and less.)

So, here we go, another live trip report. I really don't have the will to do a post trip report, so it's "live" or nothing. Once I'm out of the bubble, I'm out.

Introductions.
IMG_2660.JPG

That would be me, Jennifer, on the left. Big Disney fan, big Blue Jays fan, big Hubby fan. Ace, in the middle - although he will always be BJ Birdie to me. Hubby, Mike, on the right. Although Mike is the one who first introduced me to Disney in 1991, it's not really his thing. He goes with me most years to make me happy. And also for the food.

As with our past three trips, we will be spending 11 days, 10 nights at Coronado Springs Resort. We booked a BounceBack offer before checking out last year, before knowing how much construction would be going on. Oh well, it is what it is. And what it is, is my favourite resort in my Happy Place; so it's all good.

We have a Preferred King room booked, which means Casitas 1, 2, or 3. Nonetheless, I think I will be sending in a room preference fax tomorrow asking for a refurbed King room in either 7A or 8A. I'll be happy either way. I am ridiculously easy to please whilst in WDW.

Yes, I am one of those Free Dining parasites. By booking the BB offer last year, we are actually getting the full DDP for free, instead of having to upgrade from QDP. I put great thought and effort into our ADR's. Mike is a big guy and eats a lot. The heat and humidity really kills my appetite, so Mike eats at least half of my meals too. (I've recently packed on 20 pounds, so that may be a good thing.)

Next up, our somewhat loosey goosey itinerary.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Dessert:
IMG_7814.JPG

Apparently the Birthday ploy is still showing up on certain reservations. :jawdrop:
IMG_7815.JPG

Look @Tuvalu - it sprung a caramel leak!
This thing was so good, I barely touched my crême brûlée.
IMG_7816.JPG

Yeah, there's a bit of a shocker. You know, 'cause he gets the SAME dessert every time we come here.
IMG_7817.JPG
IMG_7818.JPG

Trust me - Mike is going to be feeling very full. I feel just right!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Cont'd ... watched the light show at the Swolphin (set to Sinatra's New York, New York), and watched some fireworks.

IMG_7833.JPG
IMG_7834.JPG
IMG_7837.JPG
IMG_7845.JPG
IMG_7846.JPG
IMG_7849.JPG
IMG_7853.JPG

And then some dude steps in front of me for the finale. People stepping in front of me was the theme of the day. It's how I had one baby toenail ripped right off, and the other baby toe stubbed so hard, I kind of whined for a bit that it might be broke.
IMG_7854.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
All coffee'd up and rewinding alllllll the way back to noon. :jawdrop:

After finishing a solid 12 rides in less than 4 hours at MK, we cut through the Emporium on the way out.

Coming back for some of this stuff later:
IMG_7686.JPG
IMG_7687.JPG

IMG_7688.JPG
IMG_7690.JPG

Hopped on the monorail to Epicot.
IMG_7692.JPG
IMG_7693.JPG
IMG_7694.JPG

It's kind of a bummer that we had to clear security again, even though we hadn't left the security bubble. No big deal today, the crowds were minimal, but I could see this being an issue during peak seasons.

NYwdwfan

MySmallWorldof4

From here we walked over to and walked on EE.

View attachment 227948 View attachment 227949 View attachment 227950 View attachment 227951 View attachment 227952 View attachment 227953 View attachment 227954 View attachment 227955

People suck.
View attachment 227956 View attachment 227957

Side note - there was a mid-20's couple in line behind us. The husband/boyfriend was checking up on the status of Irma and says, "Wow, Cuba is going to be devestated." And she replied, "Good!"
You vile, vile B-word. Yup, some people really do suck.
I wonder if Irma blew all those hairbands off of EE. I am almost caught up to the rest of your tr. :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
From SSE, we headed to WS to spend some Snack Credits.

Between "Food" and "Beer" (pics of which I actually posted live), we went to Canada.
IMG_7715.JPG

IMG_7730.JPG

IMG_7731.JPG

IMG_7734.JPG

IMG_7735.JPG

IMG_7737.JPG

IMG_7738.JPG

IMG_7740.JPG

IMG_7741.JPG

We watched the Circlevision film, chatted with the DVC guy about Corner Gas (dude was blown away how well versed I was), and lamented about how much more this pavilion could be.

MySmallWorldof4

N'Ohana?! :hilarious::hilarious: I've been calling it 'Ohana Light, but n'Ohana is brilliant!

View attachment 228126

Salad was more or less the same, except you had to
assemble it. Bread was also the same, but it was already cut into quarters.
View attachment 228128

Noodles were the same. No potstickers :( or chicken wings.
View attachment 228129

It was bedlam in there. People were allowing their children to run amok, so I didn't even attempt to take buffet pics. At one point, a CM was going table to table to see if the 1 1/2 (maybe 2) year old she had in tow belonged to them. That was not the only toddler that had been turned loose.

I did not go to the carving station, but that is where Mike got the turkey and beef pictured here.
I swear, if he ate one shrimp, he ate fifty!
View attachment 228130

Dessert was not the bread pudding. That was disappointing, but unlike other boorish guests tonight, I did not complain to all and sundry and demand to see a manager.

Oh look, I found some things to eat just fine. :rolleyes:
The cake on the left was wonderful! Rice Krispie squares are always good, and the S'mores cups' guts were really good - I just don't like crust.
View attachment 228131 View attachment 228132

Really lousy shots from the dessert table.
View attachment 228133 View attachment 228134 View attachment 228135

Our server's name was Peter, and he normally works at the luau. Like everyone else tonight, he was absolutely doing his best. There was the weirdest vibe tonight. I'm sure it was pent up trepidation about what is to come, but seriously people, more than half of you tonight were badly behaved. Eat, and be thankful that there is food to eat and people to serve you.

I'm kind of ticked, can you tell?!?

Mike, again ate too much. So much in fact, that for the first time in four days, he actually slowed down over the speed bump in the parking lot. Usually he says - screw it, it's a rental. Today, not so much.
I actually wouldn't mind if they kept the alternate menu for those that don't want the buffet. I could live on their bread, salad, noodles, and veggies. :hungry:The price was prettty amazing as well and very fair. For people to complain undee the circumstances is just leaving me speechless. Unbelievable how some people are. :rolleyes:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
From there, we headed to the Land to ride LwtL and ride Soarin'.

IMG_7789.JPG
IMG_7790.JPG
IMG_7792.JPG
IMG_7794.JPG

Does anyone else see an incredibly subtle Hidden Mickey?
IMG_7795.JPG
IMG_7796.JPG
IMG_7797.JPG
IMG_7798.JPG
IMG_7799.JPG

Sadly, I noticed that the alligators never did make a comeback.

We hopped on the monorail back to the TTC and then drove back to the resort. Turns out that there was not enough time to swim AND shower. We had to pick one. Pretty sure showering was the right one.

No worries though, I've rearranged things tomorrow to accommodate swimming early in the day before we hit MK.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 7 (how the heck is it Day 7 already?), by the numbers:

Attractions/rides at MK - 12
Attractions/rides at Epicot - 7
Baby toes injured - 2
Snack Credits used - 9
Calories consumed - 19,009 (just an estimate)
FitBit steps - 19,009 (coincidence?)

All caught up now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom