WDW Myth: Pirates of the Carribean is being haunted by George

AndyS2992

Who is the ghost that haunts SSE? I always forget his name, but I do believe that there is a ghost that haunts SSE if I remember correctly. Unless that is George also?
There is no SSE ghost as far as I know, unless they are referring to the 'ghost' of the man who killed himself there. Some places say he did it under SSE and other reports say it was outside the Imagination pavilion.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1992-09-14/news/9209140122_1_ferris-shotgun-solomons

Dr.GrantSeeker

There is no SSE ghost as far as I know, unless they are referring to the 'ghost' of the man who killed himself there. Some places say he did it under SSE and other reports say it was outside the Imagination pavilion.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1992-09-14/news/9209140122_1_ferris-shotgun-solomons

That is really interesting. I have never heard that. I knew a cast member that worked SSE back in the day. Apparently a 3rd shift custodial CM dropped dead of a heart attack (This happened a long time ago and not recent at all) right across from where the sleeping monk is. He haunts the ride and all the CMs have to say goodnight and good morning to him or they have ride problems.

FoxTheNerd

From what I understand, George is not real, but rather a staff member joke. Staff often made jokes about a ghost named George, and would indeed tell him goodnight. However, this was a joke, that guests heard about, I took to seriously. This is from my understanding.

4dreamersonlu

I have, never "met" George, nor do I care to. However, I worked at rides in a amusement park, things happen. It's not usually ghosts, but a careless guest/worker who didn't check the ride. If the boat shook violently, it was probably because the weight distribution was off. The pic didn't load for me, unfortunately.

If you're running the ride longer than usual, things happen, too. I got stuck in haunted mansion grave yard scene for 45 minutes, all animatronics were running correctly, but the audio track kept bugging, and all I heard was the child's voice and faint music. THAT WAS FREAKY.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom