Pre-Trip To Pandora and Beyond...

Well, it only took me 10 months to finish me last TR, so here is my feeble attempt to speed through a pre-trip report. I better hurry because we only have 39 DAYS!!!!!

Just in case you forgot who we are…

IMG_0552.JPG

And here we are in some non-Disney attire...

thumb_FullSizeRender-2_1024.jpg

thumb_FullSizeRender_1024 2.jpg

(That's my sis with us in this pic.)

Our cast of characters:

Me/mom - Mary: I am the original Disney fanatic in our group.

thumb_IMG_4625_1024.jpg

Hubby – Ross - He's the one who works non-stop to make our travels possible.

thumb_IMG_0835_1024.jpg

DD 15 – Julia - My teen who hates being called a teen. She is a stressed filled child who is battling the evils of Chemistry, Japanese and Algebra this year.

thumb_FullSizeRender-4_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_4632_1024.jpg

DD 8 – Hope - my 8 year old princess who battles the evils of Autism and Sensory Integration Disorder everyday

thumb_IMG_4666_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_5510_1024.jpg

If you don't know our crazy family, you can read about our past adventures here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-add-a-little-pixie-dust.873100/#post-5707305

2014:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/honey-i-blew-up-the-magic-band-completed.892800/

2015:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-hopping-a-september-2015-trip-report.905518/

2016:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/pop-hop-snack-shop-graduation-celebration-sept-2016.919622/

Now that you know who we are... allow me to take you back to last September...

We were booking our bounce-back for September 2017 - hoping to avoid F&W and planning for the girls and I to come down 2 days early.

Hope had convinced Ross to book 1 night at AoA and the remainder at POR. The plan was that the girls and I would arrive on the 11th spend 1 night at AOA, move to POR on the 12th and then Ross would join us on the 13th. However, we would get a wrench thrown in that plan when the CM told Ross that in order to receive the bounce back for free dinning, we would have to arrive no later than September 9th! Oh and P.S. – F&W was starting in late August!!

Due to Ross’ job – there was no way he could leave before the 13th – he can’t leave his stores until after the Labor Day/ back to school rush is done. What he did next is still blowing my mind away. He booked it! So the bad news is Hope will not get to stay at AoA this time… but the unbelievable, utterly awesome news is that we are going from September 9th – September 23rd!!! Ummm… can you say 2 weeks in Disney?!!!!

We are actually leaving on the 8th because Ross is once again hysterical that we will miss our flight. Since we got a better deal on a flight out of Newark, we are booked to stay at a Park, Sleep & Fly Place close to the airport. I am trying to do my best to cancel it.

If I am correct, I think we are going to be visiting the same time as @Ciara, @lostpro9het , @Disneydreamer23, @MotherofaPrincessLover, and of course, @blgauger (who I guess technically doesn’t “visit” anymore.) So please, if anyone sees us – say hi to us!

So with 39 days to go... let pre-trip countdown begin!!

riverside

Premium Member
Hope keeps saying, "The bad storm is coming!" However, she enjoyed Chip N Dale in the lobby this morning!

Hope is so adorable!! How cute!!
Question--have you seen or heard of YeHaa Bob? He plays at the River Roost Lounge Wednesdays through Saturdays at 8:30. He is so much fun for the whole family. Check him out--you'll all have a blast!!
Stay safe. Wishing you all the best!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Hope is so adorable!! How cute!!
Question--have you seen or heard of YeHaa Bob? He plays at the River Roost Lounge Wednesdays through Saturdays at 8:30. He is so much fun for the whole family. Check him out--you'll all have a blast!!
Stay safe. Wishing you all the best!

Yes - I've heard of him but never been to see the show. Thank you!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Watching local news and Irma has changed again - it is now heading for Bay Lake and WDW. They said MK and Epcot are in its path. There is a huge tree down at the Poly - fell into one of the pools. The worst should be here in 2 hours. The girls are asleep but I am staying up just in case... I have the bathroom ready with blankets, radio and flashlight in case I have to get us in there fast.

The only good news is they are saying it may be losing strength.

I am on the ground floor and I don't know what people are thinking, but I hear voices above me-outside!!

Prayers and Pixie Dust people....

disneypearl

I'm glad your daughters are able to sleep. Hopefully it'll keep losing strength! I will pray for everyone's safety. Irma has to weaken soon! You will be relieved in the morning and hopefully can get some sleep tonight too!

Courtney6682

I was glued to my Disney group on FB last night, people were doing live videos all over property. Someone said that water was coming down the staircases at BLT! Another person reported that there was an ''ear splitting'' alarm going off at FQ at one point. How did you guys make out overnight?

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Good morning everyone! We are all safe and good! I was up until around 3AM and then fell asleep. The wind was fierce! At times it sounded like pounding all around us. We are lucky though - No water came in our room - not a drop. I saw some of the walkways start to flood earlier so I was wondering if we would get some, but no. I looked outside my window this morning and I can see a huge tree down past the pool area.

It looks like it will be a beautiful day as the sun is coming out, but the wind still comes in bursts and gusts. One minute it is calm and then suddenly you see everything swaying and hear the whooshing - then it gets calm again.

Our resort TV is telling us we are on curfew until further notice and to stay in our rooms. Of course, I've probably seen at least a dozen people, including 2 in a scooter and 1 in a wheelchair, walk by my window so far - just walking around.

I'm trying to find out if there was any damage to WDW parks since they said the core was coming close to MK & Epcot, but haven't read anything yet. I am hoping they lift the curfew early so we can walk around the resort later.

Thanks to all of you for your kinds words and well wishes and prayers. They were greatly appreciated!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I'm glad your daughters are able to sleep. Hopefully it'll keep losing strength! I will pray for everyone's safety. Irma has to weaken soon! You will be relieved in the morning and hopefully can get some sleep tonight too!

I fell asleep around 3AM and yes - I feel so much better today. We are all up and hanging out in the room. Trying to watch the news to see what kind of damage the state got, but Hope is fighting me to watch Mickey Mouse. lol

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I was glued to my Disney group on FB last night, people were doing live videos all over property. Someone said that water was coming down the staircases at BLT! Another person reported that there was an ''ear splitting'' alarm going off at FQ at one point. How did you guys make out overnight?

WOW - I guess we were really lucky. I didn't hear any alarms and not one drop of water came into our room. The wind was scary - just pounding at times. I have never experienced anything like this and would prefer not to again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom