Can anybody confirm the legitimacy of this rumor?

Dad 2 M & M

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, apologies if it has, it doesn't say the characters will not but come by the table for pics.... we did the H&V earlier this year, and received the pre-signed cards, took pics, and were able to get a group photo with all the characters....I'd bet they would have signed books if we had asked....

asianway

So, let me preface this with my opinion that I think the whole characters signing is silly and I really don't get it when adults have the characters do it. Yes, for kids who "believe", I can see and understand the value. YMMV and I'm not criticizing, just that it seems like an odd thing to me to do.

With that said, I love this change. We typically do 1 or 2 characters meals a trip as we need to eat anyway and its a good way to get our fill of meeting characters without waiting in significant lines. But I find it really annoying to be done eating and still waiting for the rotation of characters to hit our table -- especially when you can see the characters slowly creeping along as they spend valuable time signing autographs.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are making this change in response to guest complaints and in an effort to satisfy patrons. They've surely gotten a ton of complaints about how slow the characters get around and are trying to do what they can to speed up the process. Turning over tables quicker is certainly a bottom line plus, but it's probably what the majority of guests want too -- who wants to continue to sit in a restaurant at a busy theme park when there are rides to ride and you've already finished your meal?

However, I would also be a fan of having more characters at the meal. It seems like the WDW standard is 4, unlike the greater numbers at DLR. I wish it was more like DLR and each meal might have 7 or 8 or 9 characters. I know some would feel obligated to meet every one, but I think seeing 4 or 5 in a meal would feel like "enough" that I got my time/money's worth and I wouldn't feel like I'd "have to" sit there waiting for me. I mean, it would depend on the character, maybe there would be one I'd really want to meet and would wait but at least it would feel more satisfying with more characters. Even if they wanted to keep Crystal Palace as just Pooh, maybe they could add Rabbit and Owl (or Kanga/Roo).
There are 7-8 characters at CP...just like at Plaza Inn

asianway

I think you know exactly what I meant, but obviously I was talking about 7-8 different characters to meet.
that would be even worse, WDW guests wont leave until they see everyone, whereas DLR guests will. This is how they can flex their labor much more effectively.

rob0519

This article from Disneyfoodblog shows what said Pre-Signed cards look like...http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...n-voyage-character-breakfast-in-disney-world/
Boardwalk-Trattoria-al-Forno-Bon-Voyage-Character-Breakfast-autograph-card-1-700x448.jpg
Well that's just cr#p. Another new low for Disney.

Cmdr_Crimson

"Sometimes an autograph card indicates that the characters themselves will not be signing autographs, but that’s not the case at the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast. "

I find as bad as characters using stamps for their autographs just to keep the line moving...

Castle Cake Apologist

This article from Disneyfoodblog shows what said Pre-Signed cards look like...http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...n-voyage-character-breakfast-in-disney-world/
Boardwalk-Trattoria-al-Forno-Bon-Voyage-Character-Breakfast-autograph-card-1-700x448.jpg

So they're seriously not even having these be hand-signed cards that are just already ready? Literally just computer-printed signatures? What is the point?

I wouldn't have wanted that in my autograph book as a kid, because those aren't autographs. It'd be like printing out a copy of Chris Pratt's signature and saying that I had his autograph.

Disney4family

We just came back from a WDW trip.
We dined at Cindy's for dinner on Sunday, 9/24 - Chef Mickey's for b'fast on Monday, 9/25 - & The Crystal Palace for b'fast on Tuesday, 9/26.
Every single character at all meals signed my children's autograph books (as well as everyone else's throughout the restaurants).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom