First timer on property at POFQ

Diznylvr

Original Poster
We (my mother and I) have been to WDW many times but in April 2018 we will be staying on property for the first time ever at POFQ to celebrate big birthdays for us both! Any hints, suggestions, recommendations for first timers on property??

Herdman

be sure to check out all that the resort offers, and by staying at POFQ be sure to walk over and see POR. We love both resorts, but POFQ is our favorite!

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I'm partial to the POR, myself. I found the amenities to be better, but if you PORFQ is high on your list, you'll not be disappointed.

DonnaBell

It is my favorite resort. Ask for a room in building 4 or 5. Those are on the side of the resort closer to the bus stops. There is a grassy area behind #4 that they show movies at night. There is also a fire pit that you can toast marshmallows. They have a boat service that takes you to Disney Springs. It is a nice relaxing change from the buses. You can hire a horse draw carriage and ride along the river looking at the mansions that make up the outside of POR. There is only one bus stop were POR has 4. Quicker trip to the parks. At slow times the bus stops at POFQ and them goes to POR. Getting on first you have a much better chance of getting a seat. The only thing that is missing is a nice restaurant there. Only a food court but it is only a short walk along the river to POR and their restaurant Boatwrights. My only other complaint is that they now control the times you can use the pool and hot tub. Now have locked gates around them. Before you could swim anytime. This change has happened to all the resorts since there was a drowning years ago.

Andy_0410

Possibly my favourite resort only one I have stayed at more than once
Love the boat ride to go to Disney springs make a nice alternative to driving or buses for a night of eating drinking and shopping

MissingDisney

Our favorite resort, even more than some deluxe stays. I know, call us crazy. It's just home to us. Small, calm, one bus stop that's not crazy, great food....must have beignets! The music entertainment is wonderful, river views beautiful, the boat to Disney Springs is so convenient! Be sure to check out the guide and see if any activities interest your group. Portorleans.org is an excellent resource.

durangojim

It's a great resort and our favorite moderate! Try to soak up the ambience in the evening. Walking along the "streets" is really beautiful. Have a great time!

Goofyque'

Our favorite moderate as well! Beautiful, and small, an easy walk to the buses! Nice food court, stellar CMs, and the boat to DS is super! Agree that Building 4 is closest to buses and front desk/Food court.

DisAl

Make sure you try the beignets (pronounced ben-yay) at the food court. I consider them to be one of the best treats at Disney World.
sassagoula-floatworks-and-foot-factory-pastries-16x9.jpg

hanwill

I like to walk around early in the morning at dawn or at dusk when the street lights are. on, but its still light out. At night, you can see and hear the clip clop of the horses hooves as they carriage rides go past. I love it! And ride the boat to DS. It's a slow boat, but very relaxing.

JillC LI

Beignets. Beignets. Beignets. Beignets. Beignets. :)
Also, take the boat the Disney Springs one day/night.
And walk over to POR on a night that Yehaa Bob is performing in the River Roost Lounge. He's amazing!

JIMINYCR

They have one very small hot tub, by the pool area, and it fills up with guests fast so if you want to soak after a day in the parks, there may be a wait.
The menu selections are more extensive at PORS so its worth a walk over for a different meal option during your trip.
http://www.portorleans.org can give you lots of information on both resorts.
Be sure to take the time to talk to Arneil. Hes a pleasant guy and a joy to interact with on your way in or out of the lobby.

Arneil1-765x1024.jpg

There is an artist that appears on different evenings that does comical guest sketches in the lobby area for a fee.
We also request Bldg 4.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom