Tall guy at a all star resort

Johndubbya

Original Poster
I am a tall 6'10 and fluffy (chunky) guy... I am taking a family friend who is differently abled to Disney and we are trying to do things on the cheap... my wife and I went to porfq in February of this year and had plenty of room in the room and the bathroom... Are the bathrooms small at the values... I know this is a silly post but I am staying here 6 nights and want to be comfortable

Chef Mickey

I am a tall 6'10 and fluffy (chunky) guy... I am taking a family friend who is differently abled to Disney and we are trying to do things on the cheap... my wife and I went to porfq in February of this year and had plenty of room in the room and the bathroom... Are the bathrooms small at the values... I know this is a silly post but I am staying here 6 nights and want to be comfortable
Good luck sitting on the toilet at an All Star if you're actually 6'10. I'm 6'4 and use a Cali King at home, but find the beds "ok" but not great. The beds will be relatively the same at any resort.

And no offense, but you seem maybe 6'5 or 6'6 to me. I know Chewy is tall, but the actor is generally shorter than th "actual" Chewy as I was at least as tall if not taller when I met him 3-4 times.

I'd be surprised if the actor you took a pic with (if that is you) is that tall, even with the lifts. All that said not as an attack on you, but so you'll have some assurance you might actually be OK at the value resorts.

Johndubbya

Original Poster
Good luck sitting on the toilet at an All Star if you're actually 6'10. I'm 6'4 and use a Cali King at home, but find the beds "ok" but not great. The beds will be relatively the same at any resort.

And no offense, but you seem maybe 6'5 or 6'6 to me. I know Chewy is tall, but the actor is generally shorter than th "actual" Chewy as I was at least as tall if not taller when I met him 3-4 times.

I'd be surprised if the actor you took a pic with (if that is you) is that tall, even with the lifts. All that said not as an attack on you, but so you'll have some assurance you might actually be OK at the value resorts.
I am legit 6'10'' I called Disney last night and they gave me a accessible suite because of the gentleman that I am travelling with is differently abled. The room is actually 2 rooms with a king bed and a double bed. That's why I love Disney

epcotisbest

I am legit 6'10'' I called Disney last night and they gave me a accessible suite because of the gentleman that I am travelling with is differently abled. The room is actually 2 rooms with a king bed and a double bed. That's why I love Disney
That worked out well then. Hope you have a safe, comfortable trip.

Minnie Mum

There's no denying that value rooms (and their bathroom/closet areas) are smaller than those at the mod resorts. There is an excellent visual comparison here: http://blog.touringplans.com/2011/09/12/what-you-get-for-the-money-resorts/

If your "differently abled" friend needs an ECV, storing it inside the room will be possible, but will further reduce the usable space. If he/she is wheelchair bound or otherwise has difficulty getting safely in or out of a tub, then a handicapped accessible room would be necessary.

Also remember that a value room only has full size beds, not the Queens found at mod resorts. The mattress will be 6 inches shorter and narrower. Maybe you can sleep diagonally. (?).

ETA:Just saw your second post. Since you have a an accessible suite now, you should be fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom