Favorite Roller Coaster / Attraction in the United States

David S.

From a pure thrills point of view, none of the approximately 350 coasters I've ridden, wood or steel, in about 68 parks can come even close to topping the Voyage at Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana.

There is literally over 20 seconds of airtime on this ride, both in the front and back of the train. This ride is extremely long, the speed and intensity never let up, and you are constantly floating up out of your seat - sometimes while being slammed into the side of the car!

The numerous tunnels and woodsy setting add so much to the experience. The night rides I've had on Voyage in the pitch blackness come closer to coaster nirvana than anything I've ever experienced. I'd have to give Voyage at least an 11 on a scale of 1-10!

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
From a pure thrills point of view, none of the approximately 350 coasters I've ridden, wood or steel, in about 68 parks can come even close to topping the Voyage at Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana.

There is literally over 20 seconds of airtime on this ride, both in the front and back of the train. This ride is extremely long, the speed and intensity never let up, and you are constantly floating up out of your seat - sometimes while being slammed into the side of the car!

The numerous tunnels and woodsy setting add so much to the experience. The night rides I've had on Voyage in the pitch blackness come closer to coaster nirvana than anything I've ever experienced. I'd have to give Voyage at least an 11 on a scale of 1-10!

Wow! That was awesome. And it ran for the full 3 minutes and 25 seconds!! Wooden coasters rule!!

Bairstow

Voyage is excellent, and Thunderbird is pretty awesome too, combining a launch with the new B&M wingrider configuration. I just wish Holiday World had the money for more elaborate themeing.

It's gotten progressively rougher with age, but I've got to sing the praises of Dollywood's Mystery Mine. It's the first Eurofighter installed in the United States and is still ahead of its time as a true dark ride/coaster hybrid, even more so than Space Mountain or Rock n Rollercoaster in that it periodically stops for short show scenes. Combine this with a highly themed queue, an interactive animatronic mascot, and original music by Dolly herself.

maxresdefault.jpg

I absolutely can't wait for Disney to build something in this format.

Haven't ridden it, but the most ambitious Eurofighter/dark ride hybrid I know of is The Curse of Novgorod, in Germany, which is much longer, features a LIM launch and projected ghost effects.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_Novgorod

21stamps

Original Poster
Summer is almost over :(

Bright side.. College Football starting soon.. AND looking forward to Steel Vengeance next year!!!
My kid has already started a countdown.

I think Cedar Point will hands down have the most anticipated coaster of 2018.

Mean Streak.. reimagined. Looks amazing!!!
Who else will be visiting after it opens?

Check out this video on YouTube:

21stamps

Original Poster

See my above video.. it's going to break a ton of records.. one of which- Most Airtime of Any Coaster in the World.

I'm such a kid when it comes to coasters, I think I'm just as excited as my 7 year old. Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom