Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

trr1

Tonight was a recharge night. After dinner at Cape May I offered to take the kids to EPCOT but my son wanted to go in the pool and my daughter wanted to just relax in the room. Animal Kingdom was hot and a lot of walking so everyone was a little shot. Plus we got to the bus stop at 3:15 and didn't get back to the hotel until 4:45 - after waiting almost an hour for the bus we decided to jump on the Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin bus and walk from there. So after dinner it was pool, shower, Illuminations from the balcony and soon sleep.

Side note: I have consumed entirely too much food already and feel totally ill. Almost every meal has been "all you can cram in". I had wanted another hard root beet float tonight but alas, it will have to wait until tomorrow.
have one for me

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Tonight was a recharge night. After dinner at Cape May I offered to take the kids to EPCOT but my son wanted to go in the pool and my daughter wanted to just relax in the room. Animal Kingdom was hot and a lot of walking so everyone was a little shot. Plus we got to the bus stop at 3:15 and didn't get back to the hotel until 4:45 - after waiting almost an hour for the bus we decided to jump on the Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin bus and walk from there. So after dinner it was pool, shower, Illuminations from the balcony and soon sleep.

Side note: I have consumed entirely too much food already and feel totally ill. Almost every meal has been "all you can cram in". I had wanted another hard root beet float tonight but alas, it will have to wait until tomorrow.
Your post reminded me that I hadn't yet booked our rental car. Aaaaaand ... Check.

$296 CAD vs $267 USD - I don't even need a calculator for that one. ;)

Eric1955

I was at work today and almost forgot about it, until one of our nurses came in the office and told us she just saw it. One of the people on our floor had the special eyeglasses, so a few of us went down to that office. I looked out the window with the glasses on, and I could see (at that point in time) the sun covered maybe 1/4 by the moon--it was really cool to see! :)

I thought I was going to miss it too because I didn't have those glasses. Luckily someone at work brought some and let me have a look.

I saw a lot of people today looking directly at the sun without glasses. Right now I'm wishing I was an optometrist.

Nemo14

Got home this morning around 12:30 AM after basically flying all day. Lots to do today, but I'll try to post more later. we saw the eclipse from the seattle airport. I had eclipse glasses that my daughter had given to us before we left, so we passed them around at the airport (won't be needing those for a while now). It was not a total eclipse there, but pretty close.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Got home this morning around 12:30 AM after basically flying all day. Lots to do today, but I'll try to post more later. we saw the eclipse from the seattle airport. I had eclipse glasses that my daughter had given to us before we left, so we passed them around at the airport (won't be needing those for a while now). It was not a total eclipse there, but pretty close.
Welcome home.

Goofyernmost

So quick recap before dinner. Everyone LOVED dinosaur so yay there. NRJ was cool but dang if I waited an hour and a half for that I would have been pretty annoyed. I wouldn't burn another FP on it either. One and done until lines calm down. Then we went on Kali which was fun but would have liked to get more wet. Lunch at Yak & Yeti QS and then we rode the train to the conservation station twice without getting off to burn time and have a place to sit before the safari FP. There were a lot of active animals and the sky was slightly darker but it was also raining. If I didn't know there was an eclipse I wouldn't have even noticed. There was an overabundance of people stopped mid-path with their cheap solar-eclipse-3d-looking-cellophane-glasses staring at the sun. Pics later.
My theory is that if you want to get very wet on the Rapids, then sit as close as you can to the biggest person on the ride. Gravity is your friend. 90% of the time (number made up in my head) the raft will gravitate causing the entry spot after the drop to be where it first enters the water after the drop. More weight in that one area will steer it to being the low spot. Doing that will usually lead to a couple of things. One being that you will be as wet as you would be if you just jumped in and you will also come to the realization that you shouldn't have worn clothing made up of thin, white fabric. You will become the next attraction at WDW. All that leading up to the question coming from the general public inquiring as to where you can buy underwear with obscene pictures of ducks on them. Makes for a memorable trip though.

Songbird76

I doubt we'll be needing the AC for the next week.
Look at those overnight temps. :jawdrop:

2017 ... the summer that barely was.

View attachment 224398

In Celsius, those night time temps are referred to as "single digits". We don't like single digits. Especially not in AUGUST!

View attachment 224399
Sympathy like...that's pretty much how our weather has been for the past few weeks. We had a few weeks of above 30C in July, and then we hovered around 25. We usually get about 3 weeks total of actual summer weather. It mostly works for me because my body does not handle heat well. I get headaches and nausea. But I know most people would prefer an actual summer.

Goofyernmost

I doubt we'll be needing the AC for the next week.
Look at those overnight temps. :jawdrop:

2017 ... the summer that barely was.
I know where it ended up... right down here. It's been hot enough to melt steel here for the past month. Even I am getting sick of it and long for the frigid temps of the upper 60's and low 70's. I'll just don my parka and long johns and push ahead. (it takes a lot for me to say that because, you may not know this, but, golf balls do not go as far in colder air)

If I can find someone to run for office that is willing to build the wall on our northern end to keep the cold air up there with the Eskimo's and igloos, that would be a good thing, eh.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I know where it ended up... right down here. It's been hot enough to melt steel here for the past month. Even I am getting sick of it and long for the frigid temps of the upper 60's and low 70's. I'll just don my parka and long johns and push ahead. (it takes a lot for me to say that because, you may not know this, but, golf balls do not go as far in colder air)

If I can find someone to run for office that is willing to build the wall on our northern end to keep the cold air up there with the Eskimo's and igloos, that would be a good thing, eh.
Mike hasn't golfed once all summer. Every time he makes plans ... it rains! :(

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Glad you made it home safely.

I saw a news clip this morning about a bunch of weather/astronomy geeks, who all bought tickets on a plane up near Alaska (one guy was from NASA). They were all so excited looking out the windows of the plane with their special eyeglasses, to have such a great aerial view of the eclipse. The whole plane full of them totally geeked out!! :geek: :happy:

trr1

bao-1.jpg
upload_2017-8-22_18-21-50.jpeg
49bf6c1c683bbebea18b754d01d671f7--chinese-bun-chinese-bbq-pork.jpg
eatocracy-cnn-com.jpg
mean-bao-intro-368x0-c-default.jpg
IMG_85261-600x397.jpg
pecan-torte.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom