Trip Report Disneymoon aka the trip of ROLLER COASTERS!

Who: The newlyweds! Myself- Laura, 30 & husband Roland, 40
(he turns 41 one week before we leave!)
When: Oct 26 - Nov 2 2017
Where: Staying on property, at All Star Movies
Tickets: 6 day Park Hoppers

The day we tied the knot! May 18, 2017 in Hamilton, NJ
18556315_10100451011927267_494927323973703412_n.jpg
18835646_10100458178505387_1054385178980437903_n.jpg

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
6 day park hoppers have been purchased :):cool:
Was able to use my corporate discount through Plum benefits which saved us some $$$
Since I booked through an outside site, does this mean we will not be able to get our Magic Bands until our arrival day?
MagicBands are sent out for a resort stay even when there are no tickets with the reservation. So you will get your bands about 2-4 weeks prior to check in. What you will need to do (and can do now) is link the numbers on your tickets in your MDE account....then when your bands arrive you are good to go!

FYI ~ You MUST have your tickets linked in your MDE account before you can make fastpass reservations!

LMSB

Original Poster
MagicBands are sent out for a resort stay even when there are no tickets with the reservation. So you will get your bands about 2-4 weeks prior to check in. What you will need to do (and can do now) is link the numbers on your tickets in your MDE account....then when your bands arrive you are good to go!

FYI ~ You MUST have your tickets linked in your MDE account before you can make fastpass reservations!
Thanks!!

LMSB

Original Poster
Thanks to very good advice from @Tuvalu I'm in the process of updating our itinerary :)
-I switched our ADR for Sanaa from our first day 10/26, to 10/28 so we'll only have one ADR for our first day (brunch @ Chef Mickey's)
-Once we check in at AS Movies, we'll get situated and do dinner either at the AS food court, or a QS at Polynesian. Any recommendations? -Decided to forgo Disney Springs & will do it another evening.
-Was also to get an ADR for 8:30AM 10/27 for BOG (original was for 10/28)- we'll be spending the morning & afternoon of 10/27 in MK so it just works out better

fractal

View attachment 226104 View attachment 226105 View attachment 226106 View attachment 226107 View attachment 226108 View attachment 226109 View attachment 226110 View attachment 226111 View attachment 226112 View attachment 226104 View attachment 226105 Was going through some old boxes at my parents this morning (was actually looking for my sequined Minnie Mouse ears) and came across some pretty cool things, made me feel very nostalgic for 90's Disney!

What was Tower of Terror 2?

LMSB

Original Poster
I think that 1996 was the year ToT debuted with two drops, instead of the one drop when it originally opened.
Btw, I'm following your trip report & loving it! You have a wonderful family, your mom is great! :D

Last edited:

LMSB

Original Poster
41 DAYS AND COUNTING!!! :happy: Also, wishing I had come up with a more creative title to my TR way back in June :banghead:
-Magical Express reservations made
-Reservations linked to our Magic Band (Hubby chose green, mine is pink!)
-Some FP+ made
-Picked out my footwear for the trip: I went with Skechers Memory Foam Empire
skech800828_101958_jb1.jpg

The itinerary as of today, 9/15/17:
DAY 1- 10/26
No parks
1:05pm ADR at Chef Mickey's

DAY 2- 10/27
MK & EPCOT
8:30am ADR at Be Our Guest
FP+ for PPF, Space Mountain & Pirates
5:15pm ADR at Coral Reef

DAY 3- 10/28
AK
FP+ for EE, KS & Dinosaur
5:45pm ADR at Sanaa

DAY 4- 10/29
HS & EPCOT
FP+ for ToT, RnRC & Star Tours
6:05pm ADR at 50's Prime Time Cafe

DAY 5- 10/30
MK
FP+ for Haunted Mansion, BTMR & 7DMT
6:45pm ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe

DAY 6- 10/31
AK & HS
9:00am ADR at Rainforest Cafe
FP+ for EE & FOTL
5:40pm ADR at Sci-Fi Dine In Theater

DAY 7- 11/1
EPCOT & MK
FP+ for Soarin'
*I didn't make any ADR as this is our last day :( this way we can come & go as we please!

**In other news, our house sold earlier this week after just five weeks on the market- and the closing date is set for November 9th, exactly one week after we return to Jersey. We plan on staying with my parents through the holidays & into the new year as we continue to search for our new home. Obviously, moving & house hunting is going to be extremely stressful so I'm glad to have Disney as a chance to escape reality for a little while!

LMSB

Original Poster
So exciting! We have our Disneymoon planned for January- getting married November 4th! I think having the break between the two will be nice.

Looking forward to seeing how your trip goes!
Congrats on your upcoming big day! That's exciting. I'm also glad we spaced out our wedding & honeymoon- gave us something to look forward to all summer.

LMSB

Original Poster
I received an email yesterday letting me know that our Magic Bands have shipped. Yea! :D

LMSB

Original Poster
AND I PRESENT TO YOU, THE *FINAL* ITINERARY:

Thursday 10/26:
No park day
ADR at Chef Mickey's (1:05PM)

Friday 10/27:
MK & Epcot
FP+ for: PPF, Space & POTC
ADR at BOG (8:30AM) & Coral Reef (5:15PM)

Saturday 10/28:
AK
ADR at Sanaa (5:45PM)
FP+ for: EE, KS & Dinosaur

Sunday 10/29:
HS & EPCOT
ADR at Hollywood Brown Derby- w/ Fantasmic! 1st show (5:05PM)
FP+ for: ToT, RnRC & Star Tours

Monday 10/30:
MK
ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe (6:45PM)
*This is the only one that I'll probably check back on for cancellations, we like to eat between 5 & 6 (old farts that we are;))

FP+ for: HM, BTMR & 7DMT

Tuesday 10/31
AK & HS
ADR at Rainforest Cafe (9:00AM)
ADR at 50's Prime Time Cafe (5:00PM)

FP+ for: EE & FoTL
*I wasn't sure if we should get a FP for a show so I decided to reserve one just in case it was super busy that day, or something like that.

Wednesday 11/1

EPCOT & MK
FP+ for: Soarin'
*No ADR as this is our last day- want to be able to just come & go as we please!

Thursday 11/2
The only place our sad little selves will be going to is: MCO :mad::mad::mad:
DME will be picking us up at 8:55AM for our 10:55 flight back to NJ. I'm sad just thinking about it

Some other news: We weren't going to use Memory Maker, but my mom is insisting that we use it :D A co-worker of hers used it last month & she said the photos turned out just beautiful (I can't argue- I've seen all of your wonderful photos while reading many trip reports!) So mom will be purchasing it for us which is very generous of her- gotta love moms!

Countdown: 27 days!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom