Excavator Coaster Coming to Dinoland U.S.A.?

Cmdr_Crimson

I'd rather have Quest of The Unicorn than more dinosaurs... :p
I'd rather have Dragon's...;)
dragontower2.jpg

neoshinok

Primevil Whirl is prob the worst coaster on property at WDW, even Barnstormer is better. Whirl is so rough its painful to ride, and there is almost never more than a 20 min wait for this ride, so that should tell you no one would be too upset about losing it. Also curious to know why so many knock the Indy coaster in Paris, I've never been but the vids make it look half way decent, also I think the themeing is better than Primevil WHirl also, even if it is just a cookie cutter coaster design around a temple.

If you find Primeval Whirl painful, Temple of Peril would not be a replacement you'd enjoy. It's got the same issue of sharp turns that don't bank enough around corners with an added loop that is so small it creates a spine-compressing force that feels like it was made for Krustyland.

UpAllNight

The area doesn't bother me but I can't believe this Coaster got through planning. For all the moaning about the current management, this is the sort of crap they were churning out in the early naughties.

No Name

Out of all the planned-but-never-built rides in DAK, the Excavator is not high on the list of rides I'd like to see come to frution. Random Character's Excavator is even lower on the list. It feels like a step above California Screamin.' Sure, that ride is thematically appropriate, but its ugly nonetheless.

As for a major coaster, I'd much rather see Dragon Tower. In a Europe section I guess.

CaptainJackNO

I will say that I am no fan of open coasters on Disney property. Despite the fact that I like riding Primeval Whirl, I do agree that it is totally unimaginative and an eyesore. I believe the coasters, and any ride on property, for that matter, should be themed (Big Thunder/Expedition Everest) or Themed/Enclosed (Space Mountain/Rock n'Roller Coaster). While I enjoy riding PW with my kids, I wouldn't scream and cry like I did over TGMR should they choose to replace it.

CaptainJackNO

True the wait for this ride is generally between 30 min an an hr, but I think that has more to do with the slow load and unload time.

It is usually a painful wait on this ride as the line never feels that long, and feels like it moves at a snails pace.

True

Daveeeeed

Indy has been connected to SEA previously (Disney Springs etc.), Chapek said of a larger presence, and rumors are swirling for Dinoland. It seems inevitable honestly. If done right like Pandora I'm a happy man, but if you make a land centered around Indy that would be a problem. Honestly, I think Disney will thankfully do the former, but you never truly know anymore.

TangledUpInKnots

I guess I'll also have the unpopular opinion of liking Primeval Whirl. In fact on my last trip, I got fastpasses for Everest and Safari so we went straight to dinorama and rode primeval whirl twice without getting off because we knew nobody would go there at rope drop. Is it my favorite ride? No. Is the theming amazing? No. Do I still really like it? Yes, yes I do. And so does my 73 year old dad :)

crxbrett

I am not a coaster rider. I think most of the New rides coming are coasters ( gotg, tron, slinky dog). I understand some people love them but throw the rest of us a bone. I go to Disney because it actually had rides I will ride. I hope that's not changing.

Ratatouille, the First Order Battle in Galaxy's Edge, the Millennium Falcon simulator and the Mickey Railway are not coasters, so they are are still opening non-coasters as well. Also, Flights of Passage and Navi River both just opened and are not coasters. So I don't think there is much cause for worry.

Personally, I love both coasters and non-coasters, so I am super excited about all the new things coming!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom