The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

Oh my. It is very expensive to have a kid in sports. (I don't have any kids, but have heard stories about how expensive sports gear is for boys and girls, for most sports.)

When I was growing up, most of the sports equipment was supplied by the schools. Even in the summer, my two brothers were in town baseball leagues. The local business owners would donate money for the boys to have baseball caps and t-shirts. (Of course, the backs of the shirts might say, "Compliments of Bill's Hardware" or something along those lines! ;) ) My parents bought sneakers for the boys, and they wore jeans. The fathers volunteered to be coaches, and the mothers would bring beverages and snacks.

I also know some parents in different towns that even have to pay for their kids' school buses, for the school year. That wasn't the case years ago. My heart goes out to parents now--I don't know how (many of them) manage to come up with the money for all these things.
Yes, I pay for the bus, too. We live within the distance for paid buses, but at the very edge. So if DD could sprout wings, and people didn't mind making it so she could cut through yards and she could fly over a little lake, yeah.

donaldtoo

That's o.k. I still have today and the weekend, so I'm still happy here!! Oh, I just had a frosted, raspberry Pop Tart. and it was delish! :hungry: Pop Tarts were on sale last week, so I picked up a box. (Haven't bought them in probably 10 years.) Checked online for the nutritional value and it's about zip . .. :p But hey, that's what vacations are for--eating junk for breakfast! :joyfull:

Although I can't even remember the last time I had a Pop-Tart, I'm glad you enjoyed...! :)
Looks like there may be some interesting new flavors out there now too, so I may hafta' try some soon...! :hungry: :)

MouseDreaming

Sympathy like. Our band raised enough last year to cover the cost of shoes for this year's members:joyfull: and the same shoes are worn for chorus:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: Although I did pay for them every time they're in front of the supermarket I drop something in the bucket
That's another almost $100 for marching band shoes, gloves, and cleaning the uniform when it is returned. Since she is doing poms, she may wear her band uniform...5 times.

Goofyernmost

Yikes! :jawdrop: Stay inside and turn on the A/C, and eat ice cream! :)
What, you think the AC's are ever turned off when the weather gets like this? Someone once told me that you drink hot beverages when it's hot because it makes you feel cooler on the outside and ice cream in the winter because it makes you feel warmer on the outside. That person was an obvious escapee from an asylum because everyone knows that hot beverages are never good regardless of weather and ice cream is a 24/7/365 perfect food.

donaldtoo

Oh, that's so kind! Let me know when mine is ready, and I will pm you where to send it. :hungry:;)

Hahaaa...!
It's an old family recipe and, boy howdy, it's amazingly delicious!!!!! :hungry: It's always gone in no time. My folks take it to events, I take it to the office, etc., and it just disappears...!!! :)
I may hafta' start making it a little early this year...!!! :hungry: :)

donaldtoo

O.k. So, day 5 of staycation. Went walking through the woods again today, but as I turned around a corner and looked down the ground, I nearly screamed!! :eek: (Not my photo below, it's from Mr. Google--I saw a garter snake slither across the hiking trail. :jawdrop: (To those of you who are unfamiliar with the Northeast garter snake, they are non-poisonous, but it still scared the carp out of me!!)

gartersnake.jpg

Yep, non-poisonous down here too. We used to play with them all the time...!!! :hilarious: :cyclops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom