News Disney Riviera Resort announced

Mike730

View attachment 220176
Artistic license included. May not be reproduced elsewhere.
So there's a canal of some sort, the gondola building is not attached, ponds are placed interestingly...
No info on hospitality house. I was expecting another pond.

edit: This seems to more or less confirm what we see on the grainy picture from D23.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How much of a building outline has been discerned yet? Is it just the information from the D23 Gondola slide?

This is the best we got, and from that slide, of which we only have photos, not the actual picture file for the slide:

upload_2017-8-2_16-33-8.png

upload_2017-8-2_16-34-59.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Any hints on theme? Some of the ideas tossed around...French Riviera, Italian Riviera, Mexican Riviera, Basic Holiday Inn...any of these good guesses?

From here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-upcoming-timeline-tracker.926402/

Gondola Lift!
  • This is verified by around 5 insiders, permits, the beginning of construction, and documents obtained by the Orlando Sentinel. [confirmed at D23 2017]
  • To open March to October 2019 [here]
  • It will connect POP/AoA and Caribbean with DHS/Epcot. And likely raise the prices there.
  • Possible I.D. of the gondola make and model here.
  • Can gondolas handle wheelchairs, strollers, and EVC? Yes, here.
  • Will it be installed in other places? No plans right now, but, always a possibility if it works out well.
  • All the gondola stations will be ground level with a steep incline coming in/out [here]
  • gondolas stations will be themed to nearby architecture: International Gateway will be Parisian; DHS will be Art Deco; AoA/Pop will be a Wave (near Little Mermaid); CBR Stations will be regal and stoney (which is which isn't confirmed). [here]
  • The AoA station will be enclosed. CBR station will be ground level. Storage area at CBR will be west side of the station. [here]
  • The CBR station will be accessible by foot and internal bus loop at CBR [here]
  • gondolas will be 8 person cabins from Doppelmayr, have a through-put of 5,000 people per hour, have wi-fi, and ample passive ventilation [here]
  • wdwthemeparks on the Gondola Lift

GoofGoof

Premium Member
From here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-upcoming-timeline-tracker.926402/

Gondola Lift!
  • This is verified by around 5 insiders, permits, the beginning of construction, and documents obtained by the Orlando Sentinel. [confirmed at D23 2017]
  • To open March to October 2019 [here]
  • It will connect POP/AoA and Caribbean with DHS/Epcot. And likely raise the prices there.
  • Possible I.D. of the gondola make and model here.
  • Can gondolas handle wheelchairs, strollers, and EVC? Yes, here.
  • Will it be installed in other places? No plans right now, but, always a possibility if it works out well.
  • All the gondola stations will be ground level with a steep incline coming in/out [here]
  • gondolas stations will be themed to nearby architecture: International Gateway will be Parisian; DHS will be Art Deco; AoA/Pop will be a Wave (near Little Mermaid); CBR Stations will be regal and stoney (which is which isn't confirmed). [here]
  • The AoA station will be enclosed. CBR station will be ground level. Storage area at CBR will be west side of the station. [here]
  • The CBR station will be accessible by foot and internal bus loop at CBR [here]
  • gondolas will be 8 person cabins from Doppelmayr, have a through-put of 5,000 people per hour, have wi-fi, and ample passive ventilation [here]
  • wdwthemeparks on the Gondola Lift
I think you quoted the wrong post. I was hitting @marni1971 up for some hints on the possible overall theme of the Riviera resort.

Biff215

Same. For some reason that $200/point just makes it seem much more expensive. I love the location of Riviera, but I also figured due to location it would be cheaper than what they've been building. Maybe not per point, but definitely on the points per night side.
I agree. No way the price per point goes down, and I won't be surprised to see it go up. I would guess that points per night might be a tad lower than the MK resorts, but only time will tell.

I'll take my $86/point SSR points that I'll use to stay at the Poly next week. That was just over ten years ago, what a deal that looks like now!

Minthorne

I agree. No way the price per point goes down, and I won't be surprised to see it go up. I would guess that points per night might be a tad lower than the MK resorts, but only time will tell.

I'll take my $86/point SSR points that I'll use to stay at the Poly next week. That was just over ten years ago, what a deal that looks like now!

I bought resale at SSR in 2014 for $76 and nowadays i see resale for $95!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom