News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

bclane

I agree, there's violence. But there's similar scenes in Disney animated films that are just as disturbing... murder, not just death.

I'm sure there are parents who restrict their kids from all of it.. but I do believe those parents are still the minority.. those families won't be at the Star Wars hotel..but if people don't think that many 1st and 2nd graders will be there.. then they're probably in for a rude awakening.
I agree. We censored a few scenes here and there from the animated films as well when they were very young lol! My kids grew up with Disney and Star Wars and the rest of it, but we still managed to shelter them a bit and it worked for us. Every parent has a right in this country to filter (or not) as they please and I thank God for that. I think the Star Wars resort will be filled with kids of all ages (including this 47 year old kid). I can't wait and neither can my teenage daughters! It's a good time to be a geek! :joyfull:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
It's true.. you can lead a horse to water but you can't force 'em to drink.
beating-a-dead-horse-stormtrooper-but-you-can-beat-it-after-its-dead.jpg

njDizFan

Well this all stemmed from a proposed age limit on the resort. Coming from a mom of a school aged boy, I don't think it will happen.
I know that many of our friends would take their 7 year olds to that hotel in a heartbeat if it opened tomorrow.

You can leave your kids at home.. I think this hotel will be appealing to adults and children alike.. so good for a couple trip sans kids as well., especially with the super nerd CaptainAmerice crowd.
I also don't think there will be any age limit on this new resort (this is still under the Disney umbrella). I did say a while ago that I think they should(not because of content or any issues with adult themes) because I think it would be a better experience with possible more diligence to uphold the lofty theming. I don't think I would go anyway. Not because of any trepidation over the content I'm just not a huge fan of the IP. Within the genre I'm more of a Star Trek fan, although I have seen all the SW films(including first run during the 70's). This comment may start a flame war upon myself but I always thought of SW as YA, similar to Harry Potter. It doesn't have enough teeth for me as an adult and not quite accessible enough for little kids. I am a huge fan of speculative fiction and have read 100's of books in the fantasy and science fiction genre so it's not like I am against the concept...let the flames begin.

bclane

Well this all stemmed from a proposed age limit on the resort. Coming from a mom of a school aged boy, I don't think it will happen.
I know that many of our friends would take their 7 year olds to that hotel in a heartbeat if it opened tomorrow.

You can leave your kids at home.. I think this hotel will be appealing to adults and children alike.. so good for a couple trip sans kids as well., especially with the super nerd CaptainAmerice crowd.
I hope they allow kids of all ages at the resort while at the same time having activities geared towards different age groups. Something for everyone... I just don't want to trip over a two year old while in an intense lightsaber dual with a Sith Lord or while running away from Boba Fett. Safety first!

bclane

I also don't think there will be any age limit on this new resort (this is still under the Disney umbrella). I did say a while ago that I think they should(not because of content or any issues with adult themes) because I think it would be a better experience with possible more diligence to uphold the lofty theming. I don't think I would go anyway. Not because of any trepidation over the content I'm just not a huge fan of the IP. Within the genre I'm more of a Star Trek fan, although I have seen all the SW films(including first run during the 70's). This comment may start a flame war upon myself but I always thought of SW as YA, similar to Harry Potter. It doesn't have enough teeth for me as an adult and not quite accessible enough for little kids. I am a huge fan of speculative fiction and have read 100's of books in the fantasy and science fiction genre so it's not like I am against the concept...let the flames begin.
At least you didn't suggest that the Federation would beat the Empire in an all out war... lol!

doctornick

As I suggested before, I wouldn't be surprised to see an age limit like 3 and up for this experience. 3 is a cutoff Disney already has in terms of tickets and some experiences and that's around the point where a child would be more independent and not as distracting. Nobody really benefits from having a 1 year old around in this type of situation. And, unlike setting the age limit at 10 or 12 or something, it's easier for Disney to justify as "wait a year or two until your infant is old enough" as opposed to a decade.

But, yeah, unless they are specifically restricted, there's going to be a number of 5 or 6 or 7 year old going to this.

peter11435

It would be exceedingly impractical from an operations standpoint for the entire resort to check in and check out on same day. They're already going to have to use software to coordinate smaller guest experiences, so it would likewise be practical to have multiple "waves" of guests experiencing different days of their experience at the same time.
The current plan is for this to be a two night experience that everyone begins and ends at the same time. The cruise model is the best comparison.

*Q*

With the cruise ship model this resort is going with, I'm curious to see what split stay package deals Disney will be offering (not to mention the optional excursions/packages for this resort proper).
I would suppose they'll offer a "Land & Space" package the way they bundle a "Land & Sea" package with the Disney Cruise Line.

Has to have a gym at least. I can manage on a treadmill for a couple of days. Not ideal since I'd rather run outside in the FL mornings, but as long as something is offered. Obviously you can break the immersion and run outside, but in this case the 'outdoor area' of the resort is going to be pretty limited.
You'll get plenty of running in when the stormtroopers are chasing you.

Costumes will be offered, but surely not mandatory... What's stopping people from dressing like this the whole time?

cosplay_phxcc-480x220.png
omg I know what I'm doing

You said the "could" put an age limit on the Star Wars hotel, this was just my way of saying that Disney "could" put an age limit on anything if they really wanted to, doesn't mean they will.
I doubt there will be an age limit, per se, but I would not be surprised to see a strong age recommendation, that they strongly encourage that this experience is best for age four or five and up. Best analogy I can think of is a Blue Man Group concert: sure, you could take a two-year-old to it and maybe the rare little one like that won't have a problem with it, but for most it would be rather overwhelming and they're not likely to get anything out of it, anyways.

Movielover

Here's CSM Lion King info..

Uh I totally disagree with this listing, especially for the section "sexy stuff". There's that whole song about how Simba and Nala are falling in love and totally going to "pork" later...

97a3331a684a9f7ecbef397d83efd7e6--the-lion-king-lion-king-meme.jpg

And lets not forget about the urban legend of this image...
VeOcO.jpg

Now if you will excuse me I am going to go drown my disturbing thoughts with copious amounts of alcohol!

jhendrix

Does anyone know where this resort will be? Will it be directly connected to Galaxy's Edge on the south side of DHS? Or in some other unconnected plot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom