Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

lazyboy97o

So much for this coaster being so special because it has two launches. Silver Dollar City will also be opening a Mack coaster with two launches in Spring 2018.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
What it is supposed to be and how people themselves spin it are not necessarily the same. The two launches is a feature that has repeatedly been hyped as evidence of the coaster being more than just a coaster.
I'm basing it off the announcement itself and how it was never called a "one of a kind" or having "groundbreaking technology". This was first thought to be a kiddie coaster when rumors first started coming out on this particular ride, but we can now see its a bit more in line with a family coaster but never was it deemed to be special.

lazyboy97o

I'm basing it off the announcement itself and how it was never called a "one of a kind" or having "groundbreaking technology". This was first thought to be a kiddie coaster when rumors first started coming out on this particular ride, but we can now see its a bit more in line with a family coaster but never was it deemed to be special.
And as I just said, I’m not talking about what Disney has said.

KyloRen

Not sure if this has been brought up or not, but are they redoing the station for TSMM? It doesn't really fit thematically as it's kind of "on set" of Andy's room and TSL is supposed to be in his backyard.

KyloRen

TSMM is inside so that is Andy's room. TSL is outside which is Andy's backyard.

I guess I am just a bit confused as concept art shows the entrance to be the box of the Midway Games and then we enter the box again during the ride. Unless I am looking at the concept art incorrectly? Just minor nitpicks regardless lol.

Last edited:

Rich T

So much for this coaster being so special because it has two launches. Silver Dollar City will also be opening a Mack coaster with two launches in Spring 2018.
Phantasialand's had a two-launch coaster for over a year now. The thing that makes the Slinky coaster unique is the Slinky Dog theme. That's really all most park visitors are going to care about.

Brian Swan

Phantasialand's had a two-launch coaster for over a year now. The thing that makes the Slinky coaster unique is the Slinky Dog theme. That's really all most park visitors are going to care about.
If we're talking about multiple launches, Cheetah Hunt just down the road at BGT has 3 and has been there for a couple of years now...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Starting to paint the fence.

upload_2017-8-18_16-25-9.png

Brian Swan

Thank you for posting the link! A few observations:
1. I like that the blocks rise above the track height and appear to be in close proximity to the spiral - including forming an arch over the track; I think this will add a lot of visual interest. Anxious to see what else that have planned.
2. Interesting the the entrance "tunnels" to are structures inside the main structure; make me wonder what they will be doing with them thematically.
3. Does anyone know what kind of facade they are planning to hide the back (now the front?) of the TSMM building. More "backyard fence"?
4. Seeing all of the major structures (at least in skeletal form) gives me a much better feeling for how the final land will look. I'm getting a bit more excited about it than I have been so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom