Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Agree about Le Cellier, been dining there since its opening days as a dark cafeteria. but it was always incredible right up until a year or two ago. Now its an absolute rip off for what they are charging and a horrible menu.

Brown Derby is one of the last good ones left. expensive as well but the food always seems very good and usually worth the money with top notch service. They also offer lunch options.
[/QUOTE]

I don't dislike Brown but there are much better genuine Signature places IMO on property. But I do eat their small plates in the lounge area, bargain.

YodaMan

How soon could this area open? It appears SWAGGFA is set to go down in mid-September, and I assume they'd only do so in order to take down the permanent stage again and finally get the mobile stages in use. And I'm still convinced that they need this new area and the gates by Muppet Vision to be accessible in order to use the new mobile stages. Any chance this area is done by late September?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If the current shop is demolished, a new shop can be built into the exit of MV3D (of course) and wrap around the 'soundstage' of MV3D providing a facade to make it look like an actual theater or city street and not a sound stage. That's two sound stages removed/hidden.

Or... a new shop can be built in front of It's a Wonderful Shop in that little Christmas-in-NY 'set' and incorporate that little corner courtyard and the Christmas shop. There's no need for a Christmas store there (it can be relocated to anywhere in DHS) and you get rid of a soundstage and snowy NYC 'set' piece.

NiarrNDisney

If the current shop is demolished, a new shop can be built into the exit of MV3D (of course) and wrap around the 'soundstage' of MV3D providing a facade to make it look like an actual theater or city street and not a sound stage. That's two sound stages removed/hidden.

Or... a new shop can be built in front of It's a Wonderful Shop in that little Christmas-in-NY 'set' and incorporate that little corner courtyard and the Christmas shop. There's no need for a Christmas store there (it can be relocated to anywhere in DHS) and you get rid of a soundstage and snowy NYC 'set' piece.

Both great ideas! Though I like the little Christmas store it is just that
- little. May be due time to move it to a different part of the park, take Studio1 out, rethink this new Grand Park area and better incorporate the Muppets to their surroundings.

RAXIP

How soon could this area open? It appears SWAGGFA is set to go down in mid-September, and I assume they'd only do so in order to take down the permanent stage again and finally get the mobile stages in use. And I'm still convinced that they need this new area and the gates by Muppet Vision to be accessible in order to use the new mobile stages. Any chance this area is done by late September?
They’ll use the Star Tours gate.

rocketraccoon

The thought of being stuck inside Tatooine Traders while it rained kinda made me go a bit fast with this. Welcome to Grand Avenue, adjacent to Grand Park.

JioG1Eg.jpg

I tried an innovative new technique called "hold my camera up high but do it from a distance so i'm not a jerk that just puts his camera over the construction walls." Visible in the first one is an empty sign to the right of the ladder. Looks like one that would hold a menu. Probably for Baseline. Another thing of note is that the Coke building no longer has its sign attached.
LGrgPvP.jpg

cQRZ0oh.jpg

The yellow Coke building and the blue DVC building have received some curtains.
4flpaPd.jpg

A closeup of the new lights, featuring some rain drops.
7Xhyw7b.jpg

Some pillars for a covered seating area I guess? I also found out how they are getting this done relatively quickly: they have the ladder!
1Ugqkj1.jpg

Light fixtures above where the Baseline Taphouse sign will presumably be.
pTVTiPp.jpg

One of the lights above the new flat brick wall.
sa2wA2b.jpg

And here's a mystery. In front of the Chrysler edge building was some panes of glass. I completely forget if those were from Streets of America of if they're new.
cNvSOkq.jpg

(Zoom in for a better look)
Other than the DCL one, I don't know what the others are for. One says " T US, YOUR , EVEN ", one talks about something fresh and something handmade, and one has a logo which doesn't match up with Grand anything or Baseline Taphouse. Weird.

BD-Anaheim

It appears there will be some sort of a covered awning over the new courtyard area for the Baseline Tap room. (Unless those pillars going vertical are for another purpose) Can anyone confirm this?

That would be very nice for shade while enjoying a pint :)

PizzaPlanet

Now the courtyard is a dead end traffic flow won't be nearly as big an issue.
And now because of the construction walls you are forced to walk around the gift shop and look into the display windows after exiting Muppet*Vision. I bet merch sales went up when it became a dead end.

Next Big Thing

It appears there will be some sort of a covered awning over the new courtyard area for the Baseline Tap room. (Unless those pillars going vertical are for another purpose) Can anyone confirm this?

That would be very nice for shade while enjoying a pint :)
The only other thing I could see those poles being for would be for hanging string lights, which would look pretty good at night.

radiohost

I think MV3D days are numbered. Too much "newness" occurring in that area to have a show from the early 1990's playing. When the revival tv show was canceled after one season didn't help either.

PizzaPlanet

I love it too just re edit the ending. The old school Pluto in the background with guests wearing touristy 90's clothing with vintage Mickey balloons gets me ever time.
I almost guarantee the majority of guests don't even notice. In fact, most people would probably be surprised that it's been around since '91.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom