Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

AndyS2992

This is very telling that Muppets will be removed in the not so distant future, which is fine by me. Disney's blog might say otherwise but they don't have the best track record when it comes to telling the truth now do they ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is very telling that Muppets will be removed in the not so distant future, which is fine by me. Disney's blog might say otherwise but they don't have the best track record when it comes to telling the truth now do they ;)

And just what Disney IP will fit with a Grand Avenue theme to replace the Muppets?

Brian Swan

The Studios has always been a horrid choice for my family to dine forever. Now worse. We always attempt to dine Epcot or Boardwalk area to avoid given its half park status for most of the parks existence. I don't mind the addition of clever bars. I do mind the lack of good restaurants QS or TS worthy of the prices. Brown OK but signature hardly. A real stretch
I've found MM and 50s to be quite acceptable, and HBD to be very good. Sci-fi is a cool idea, but I find the food somewhat lacking. But I would take any one of these 4 over any that the MK has to offer...

Brian Swan

Somebody should've said this at some point in the decision making process.

Overpriced trendy drinks in a revitalised post-industrial hipster liar. It's all very hip and trendy and what every contemporary designer copies from all the others, but what has any of this got to do with a theme park?
In some parts of the country, what you describe is every bit as exotic as a Japanese temple or a Moroccan marketplace or Pandora...

YodaMan

I am not understanding where you mean?

I should have taken a picture. I'm talking about the rear of the yellow building. The old SOA facade that used to be exposed red steel on the backside is now being enclosed. It's a faux brick wall that's parallel to and facing the Sci Fi soundstage and is the section perpendicular to and above the old cast member entrance.

No Name

Grand Park. I like it.

The word "park" in the name of a land shouldn't confuse a single soul, but I guarantee it will. In fact, would that not be a good new name for DHS? "Grand Park." A place where any mandate that doesn't fit elsewhere can go. Because that's what the park is becoming.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Lets just remember this happened over in California...

i-p8X4tSV-M.png

theater1.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

sunset_showcase_theater2.jpg

PiratesPreview1-042117-AVP.jpg

elchippo

We've still got almost two years before SW:GE opens....so I would think MV 3D is safe until then. Unless they are planning something that can be a quick swap and open with SW:GE

It just feels like there are so many flex theatre spaces I hope it doesn't become yet another one.

No Name

I wish I was a fly on the wall in some of these meetings because I've no idea what they're doing.

They recently turned Pizza Planet into a New York pizzeria, then build a Los Angeles street, but its all one place? They extended the Muppets presence, now they seem to be giving themselves a potential out, but what changed in the mean time? Why the short-lived Muppets Courtyard name? I don't get it.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I've found MM and 50s to be quite acceptable, and HBD to be very good. Sci-fi is a cool idea, but I find the food somewhat lacking. But I would take any one of these 4 over any that the MK has to offer...

I find myself at Prime here and there. The food is always acceptable, service and sticking to ADR times so marginal. Dad's Electric Lemonade always spot on. SciFi the food isn't close to what it should be, service of wait staff not so good and the kitchen beyond slow. Frankly what is offered in this park shouldn't be encouraged.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Next to Epcot, this is my favorite park to dine in. Absolutely love HBD and 50's. Still haven't ate at SiFi and I've been going to the parks for a long time now, I really need to change that. I agree HBD is hardly a signature, but most of what Disney calls a signature isn't really signature...I'm especially looking at you Le Cellier

LeCellier being a signature is just laughable. I dined back there from the time it grew out of being a cafeteria. It was awesome, it is no longer. Prime is fine. Brown Derby is not a signature either, can't begin to compete with genuine signature venues on property.

PizzaPlanet

The Muppet*Vision 3D music loop better not change.
I think the conceit of PizzeRizzo is that he built a New York Style pizzeria in Los Angeles. Some of the artwork on the walls point to that.
Right, that was the backstory we heard when it opened. It also said that he converted it from an old warehouse, showing how this Grand Avenue story was likely the plan all along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom