The Edison--details announced

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yeah, I would think that "adults visiting the parks without children" is a relatively small demographic.
That is why I want to know where the facts or statistics are pulled from in that post or if they were just made up out of a need to get what is DESERVED.

Stitch_Fan_NJ

62905210.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I did not claim it was a fact, stop putting words in my mouth. Please show me exactly where I said "it is a fact", oh right you can't because I didn't.

Oh dear.

So the bold areas that I dared to question below are not fact???? Wow! :jawdrop: Now I understand why you were not able to not link me to your source as I requested and all the smoke screens rants about children and parents were a mere distraction that your posts are not fact. Thanks for clarifying that.
Appreciated.

Edit: I re-quoted your posts so you can see I was not putting words in your mouth. They came straight out of your posts. The only thing you didn't state in those posts until your last response to me of today...and you are correct you never did claim or admit until now your posts were not FACT. Calling me on the carpet because I questioned the accuracy of your posts and then defend yourself by stating 'I never claimed it was a fact' Good to know for your future posts. :banghead:

I never claimed anything. I merely stated that there are just as many people who don't have children and WE deserved places to not be polluted with the tots.
And there are an equal number who don't have children and would like a place where we don't have to suffer being around them, especially in a bar/lounge.

The Bold part of your quotes is what I have repeatedly asked you what your source is. I am re-posting so you can clearly recall.

e·qual
ˈēkwəl/
adjective
  1. 1.
    being the same in quantity, size, degree, or value.

Kman101

Yeah, I would think that "adults visiting the parks without children" is a relatively small demographic.

I don't think it's equal but I don't think it's a small demographic either.

This isn't directed towards you specifically... but I mean is it so awful to have a place for adults after a certain time of night? Hasn't WDW geared itself enough for kids? It's not like kids would be banned altogether. After 9pm adults only seems reasonable. Trader Sams gets away with it. Who takes their under 13 kid to a bar after 7/8pm anyway? And depending on how risqué it is at night I don't think having teens 13+ would be unreasonable.

Rosso11

When I worked for Disney we were told it was about 60% with kids 40% without. But that was about 15 years ago. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually closer to 50% today. Many people don't realize just how big the convention business is to Disney. That's a large % of the people visiting without kids which drives it up a lot. Don't forget visiting Disney World doesn't mean you have to even go to the parks. I've been to many corporate conventions at Disney World and many of the attendees did not step foot in the parks. But they did stay on property and visited many of the restaurants on property in both the hotels and Disney Springs and they are looking for more adult activities at night.

Last edited:

Mouse Detective

50/50 is not an unreasonable guess. Orlando is either #1 or #2 in the country for meetings and conventions and most of those here are without kids. There are many singles and couples visiting Disney that don't have kids or don't have kids with them. All those international flights that have chosen Orlando as a destination are not jammed with children.

ABQ

Does anyone know or recall if there was any sort of minimum age at the original Top of the World Lounge prior to the California Grill's creation? Just curious.

matt9112

I dont think it's unreasonable to have a mature-centric restaurant/club/area, what have you. But, i agree with you that it shouldnt be 21+, it should be more like 13+.

first thing that comes to mind is every 18+ club I ever heard of was a war zone lol. how about we just hold values and responsibility up to parents? these days people do whatever they want. if a child sits quietly and is not obnoxious that is perfectly fine. (my child) but if you let your children run amuck maybe you should get tossed like salad?

DisneyDebRob

Looks like very recent activity makes me think this may open this year. Anyone have news on the interior? I may be getting excited for no reason once again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom