Bye bye Mickey soaps?

Rteetz

I meant these little guys

435952DA-6CAB-44F6-92D7-D2EF415B2C29_zpsntify1xv.jpg
Those guys have been gone for a while. In June I had regular H2O squeeze bottles at Pop.

Epcot82Guy

Count me in on the "taking them home" crowd. I keep them in my bathroom to give me that reminder. I know there is somewhat of a trend of this in some chains, but it feels less sanitary and feels like nothing more than a cash grab for a limited "environmentality" argument, I'm sure. Yet another reason this next trip will likely be my last for awhile and much less intent to stay at a Disney Resort vs. Hotel Plaza Blvd. or the like next time I come down. I do hope corporate can get a bit of a reign on some of this.

mm121

Most restroom soap dispensers aren't as easily opened as these seem to be. I agree shared shower toiletries are much nastier. I'll bring my own, thanks.

they have a key on them exactly for that reason.

these seem locked better than some that i've seen

though personally even though they are promoted as eco i still like the little bottles better

Spectro

I don't use the shampoo or conditioner or body lotions as I like my higher brands, so I won't miss them but it does seem a bit low budget however eco friendly for Disney resorts.

Jon81uk

When All Stars opened back in the 90s they had these in every room.

Just some perspective.

They actually had these...

2915c635-a5a5-42b2-916c-eff64f01fca9.jpg._CB317283358__SR300,300_.jpg

They were an off the shelf, could buy in any WalMart, soap dispenser. The problem with them is the leaked like a sieve. Having owned one myself, it was not uncommon for me to fill up all three containers only to find $20 worth of shampoo, conditioner and body wash on the shower floor the next evening. I can only imagine how much soap Disney went through with an entire resort filled with these things.

At least the new dispensers seem to be ones that just hold a pump bottle which should greatly reduce if not eliminate the leaking problem.

I stayed in All Star Movies in 2001 (first WDW trip!) and remember the dispenser. Ours had a lever to switch between body wash and 2in1 shampoo. Those sort of dispensers looked cheap but were functional. We also got bar soap for the hand basin.

I'm happy with the new pump bottle dispenser, they still feel high end to me (particularly compared to the old dispenser). As long as there is plenty of shower gel in the room I'm not that fussed about being able to take some home. I took minitures home before and they sat in the cupboard for years.

Also my expensive (£20/$25 a class) gym i used to use had luxury quality product in nice pump bottles (picture below) and that made me think more of it. The product inside the bottle is more important than the delivery method.
o.jpg

Jon81uk

This is the kind of thing one expects from hotels which rent rooms by the hour in a seedy part of town. Not at a luxury resort like Disney

Nope as long as the product inside the bottle is high end (h2o, Malin & Goetz or other similar brand) and the dispenser looks good I expect it in luxury hotels too. See the other pics Andrew C added.

Jon81uk

Im not sure how this is more efficient. People will use more if they have access to more, right? I also find this kinda gross, though there isn't really a rational reason.

But also with the miniture bottles people would stash in cases to take home full bottles and housekeeping replace the next day. If you actually use the small bottles you only need one bottle every 3/4 days (per person) but many people "used" one a day. Even if slightly mroe is used from dispensers its probably still cheaper and a lot less plastic waste going into landfill.

Jon81uk

There's no waste, people. The tiny bottles were built into the cost of your room, and now Disney once again a looks less like a premium resort.

But there is still waste going to landfill, think about the amount of plastic we get through around the world.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
This is the kind of thing one expects from hotels which rent rooms by the hour in a seedy part of town. Not at a luxury resort like Disney.

Of course with the quality control exercised at Disney (and bean counters saying dont replace if there is more than 5 % left in the bottle). Empty containers will be the next addition to the long list of mousekeeping issues.

Blech! Glad i don't have any disney stays planned.
So it is not just Disney you are out of date on.
http://travelupdate.boardingarea.com/pump-volume-luxury-hotels-embrace-soap-dispensers/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom