Haunted Mansion, they fixed it!

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
It used to be where they would pack people in tight like sardines in the queue and pre-show area. Not anymore! I really hope this trend stays. Over the weekend, they only let in about 10 people at a time. Yes this made the wait longer but made the pre-show a whole lot more enjoyable! After that, we were let into the line to enter the doom buggy area. That was cleared out too!

Just wanted to let you guys know :)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Standing outside on a 95 degree day longer does not sound like a fix to me

It was pouring when we showed up at the FP line Saturday. Wasn't fun standing in pouring rain, even with ponchos. But yeah, we waited a long time for the FP line to move and then the CM to open the doors. But we were never merged with the standby line. Interesting. But we got through the bottleneck that is loading just fine. And then the ride stopped for 10 minutes...and not because if loading/offloading guests in ECVs and wheelchairs. Several white shirts showed up to see what the problem was.

Which seemed to be a theme this past weekend. After 30 minutes in standby at Everest, got to the line merge...and the ride broke down. Took 15-20 minutes to clear the tracks of 2 stopped trains. 3 managers showed up and one walked out onto the ride pathway. My only issue is that it took the CMs forever to announce the ride was closed. And then people still didn't leave when told to exit. Same thing happened to Splash the next day. And weekend long thunderstorms meant more temporary ride closures.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Then I'm kind of confused on why you are making such a big deal out of it and reporting that it was "fixed." Someone that doesn't have a problem with an issue normally wouldn't do that. :confused:
Ah, sorry for the confusion. It seemed to be a problem in the past when the queue,pre-show, and doom buggy load area were swarmed almost past capacity it seemed. I guess that is what I saw as the major problem, but I didn't know it was CM driven. I guess I did just have a little luck at the time. Felt kind of like being in that old preview video of the Tower of Terror when they showed about 4 teenagers getting on the ride.

MickeyMomV

Wow tough crowd today..... Shorter wait time with a rushed pre-show and people complain they don't get to truly experience the pre-show. They slow down the pre-show (yes I know it is most likely cast member driven) so you can actually enjoy it and people complain the line does not move fast enough.

I guess, using resources currently available, what would make the process ideal? Without adding another track I don't see a way to cycle more people through the ride and lets face they won't add another track.

ABQ

Making the wait time even longer due to only letting a handful in at a time is a fix? :eek:
As long as every doom buggy is filled, the throughput of the ride, and therefore the actual wait time, is no longer. It may take longer to reach the stretch room, but you'd still come out the exit in the same amount of time.

IMFearless

Yes provided the loading area never actually runs out of guests to board the omnimover, the OHRC is not affected by the number of guests in the preshow at the same time. Does anyone know what the stretch rooms were designed to handle? It's certainly more enjoyable not to be crammed in like sardines, only to wait in the holding area in another crush of guests. Groups of 30-40 would seem about right to me. Given the speed of the loading and the timing of both rooms.

Gelatoni

Problem would be is letting fewer in could lead to empty doom buggys and that be an issue imo. letting fewer in kinda ruins the everyone to the dead center joke imo.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Now if they can just slow the buggies down to their original speed, fix the lighting, return the scary pop up ghosts and have the howling wolf audio returned outside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom