deleted

The Empress Lilly

universe+2.jpg

I've had this postcard below since forever. In the eighties, I had a few EPCOT books, the EPCOT album, and those official postcards. Some private pictures, but these were expensive and usually featured our family. This was all you had, what I had to make do with in between trips, before the interwebs. So these images and the two Energy songs are imprinted on my mind.

74ba64850a922d714851e9b623704311.jpg

Energy is the EPCOT pavilion that has the distinction of having died twice. Although greatly diminished, Ellen left the central show scene intact, the grandeur and mystery of EPCOT was still there in the theater moving into the primeval swamp.
A ride is like a favourite song or movie, with the difference that a ride can't be replicated. When it is gone, you can never experience it again. I will miss my Universe of Energy terribly. :'(

Listen and you'll hear the heartbeat...of a universe teeming with force...

neoshinok

I was thinking yesterday on my final GMR, I hope someone rode thru with one of those 360 cameras to make into a VR experience.

We went with friends who had never been on the attraction and they loved it. Very bittersweet to see a great reaction from first timers just before it's closing.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I have been wondering this for a while. To anybody who rode the Summer 1996 hybrid version of UoE, what was the show like with all the missing effects? I could only imagine how jarring the preshow and finale would have been in person after seeing them in Martin's video.

Cmdr_Crimson

I sure am gonna miss hearing the Ellen's Energy Adventure theme playing at the front of EPCOT once they take it out of the music loop.

I'm sure it will be playing for a while....The only tracks that is now Relevant in the Entrance loop is "One Little Spark" & "Golden Dreams" All the other songs on it are outdated...

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

They added Soarin' a while back. It's in the remastered loop here:
Oh also I just remembered Golden Dream is in the loop as well

This is the 2005 Loop....There was no update to it after it was done...

Golden Dream
Soarin - Outdated Version
Discovery
The Living Seas Theme - Outdated Version
Ellens Energy Adventure Theme - Outdated Version
Discovery
Mission Space Theme - Outdated Version
Discovery
Imagination Institue/Honey I Shrunk the Audience Theme - Outdated Version
Discovery
One Little Spark
Discovery Finale

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom