Ever leave something behind for other guests?

DDEPILLO

Original Poster
1 year ago this month we took our first trip to WDW as a family and we stayed at Fort wilderness cabins. I rented a golf cart and wanted to dress it up with lights so I bought these LED paper lanterns And rapped them around the roof of the cart. The kids loved them and was fun to have them on when driving around at night. At the end of our vacation I left them in the cabin with a note saying please enjoy these and to pass them on to the next guest. Hoping this did happen and did not get thrown out be cleaning service it's nice to think that maybe they are still being used a year later. Has anyone ever tried something like this and actually seen or read about something they left behind being enjoyed by other guests?

Minnesota disney fan

We have never left anything behind for the next guest, but we have found ourselves with some fun items that somehow didn't get used while at WDW. I left an any time fp which was due to expire in 2 days, some neon necklaces, key chains from home(I didn't need a reminder of home:), with a note for the cleaning and their families to enjoy. I think that the cleaning crew gets what is left over anyway. Don't know if that is true even if you leave a note saying it is for the next guest?

JIMINYCR

Anything left behind is cleared out by housekeeping, even with a note attached. Those lanterns were thrown out the day you left almost definitely.
Yes, there would be someone calling the resort manager complaining that the room wasnt completely cleaned from the previous guest. Housekeepings job is to give you a room that when you enter you find no traces from the previous guest that stayed before you.

steffib

We gave a couple of balloons to a family we spotted in the Poly lobby just before we checked out. My kids had loved getting them having them for out 10 day stay but they also loved seeing the faces of the 2 children they gave them over to...going back to the world next week and planning on doing the same!

worldfanatic

I can't even fathom that someone thinks they could just leave something behind in a cabin/room with a "note" and think housekeeping would say ok and leave it.

It was a nice thought though.
Next time just hand it to someone.

Pluto89

We have never left anything in our rooms, but I do use my left over Dining Plan credits and buy a few people their Breakfast /Lunch/Dinner on our last day. We have done this the past 2 times we have gone. I try and pay it forward when I can.:happy:Plus dining is not cheap :greedy:

Polydweller

Anything left behind is cleared out by housekeeping, even with a note attached. Those lanterns were thrown out the day you left almost definitely.
Most likely. Almost all hotels operate like the ones in our group and have a standard setup plan for an incoming guest. That includes removing anything left behind and ether trashing it or sending to lost and found. Incoming guests expect to find the room in the best shape possible and with no traces of the previous guest. That way they know the room has been properly cleaned.

Nice thought on the OPs part but it's best to hand things directly to someone else when you leave.

Spikerdink

Two years ago, my suitcase was overweight (much like me) and I had to take stuff out to make weight or pay the overage fee. I knew there was a bottle of wine in the bag that was part of the problem, so I took it out and then walked around the pool area asking if anyone would like an unopened bottle of wine.... I left it with one couple who said they would like it.... hopefully they enjoyed it......

Surfin' Tuna

We used to give unused fastpasses to people, but that's about it. I have been looking for ways we can give something to people at the park or resorts even if it means buying something just for the occasion. I think it is a way to spreading the magic that used to be so prevalent at the parks. Now I think it stops at stickers (from the staff). It's off topic, but I'd love to hear ideas on this.

Dafid Duck

We used to give unused fastpasses to people, but that's about it. I have been looking for ways we can give something to people at the park or resorts even if it means buying something just for the occasion. I think it is a way to spreading the magic that used to be so prevalent at the parks. Now I think it stops at stickers (from the staff). It's off topic, but I'd love to hear ideas on this.

I was thinking on our next trip we could give away the Fantasmic seating pass that comes with our meal. On the dining plan there is no extra cost for it. You do need to make a special reservation not just a regular one. (The Fantasmic Dining Package) My wife loves Mama Melrose but is not a fan of Fantasmic. There are also ones for Tony's Town Square with parade viewing and Tusker House with Rivers of Light seating.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

The rooms should be cleaned out, one time I got to my Disney resort and opened the refrigerator and there were 6 containers of yogurt, a container of orange juice and a pint of milk. That was kind of weird, I certainly didn't order those.

NormC

We have given balloons to incoming children. Told my kids that they can't go on the plane so pass them along.

plutofan15

Back in the days when we rented strollers, we would find a family with small children entering the park and give then our stroller.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom