What's Universal Like Christmas Week?

jaygatsby

Original Poster
We're planning on stopping by sometime between Christmas and New Year's Eve. Are the crowds just as bad as Disney World during this time? If so, are there any good tips specific to Universal for handling the crowds? I've tried to research some but there's not that much info for Universal during this time. Does anyone have any info about the parades, Grinchmas, or the new Harry Potter Christmas? Any tips would be very helpful!

Also, we're only planning on being there 1 day and park hopping. Our main focus will be Harry Potter World, but we will also probably try to do Transformers, Men In Black, Simpsons, and Spider Man. Is this realistic?

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

We're planning on stopping by sometime between Christmas and New Year's Eve. Are the crowds just as bad as Disney World during this time? If so, are there any good tips specific to Universal for handling the crowds? I've tried to research some but there's not that much info for Universal during this time. Does anyone have any info about the parades, Grinchmas, or the new Harry Potter Christmas? Any tips would be very helpful!
Any of the Orlando theme parks will have crazy crowds during Christmas week. Magic Kingdom is the undisputed king though. Be sure not to go into the parks Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or New Years Eve. New Years Day is busy too, but not unbearable unlike the other three days usually are. IOA can handle crowds better and is a much better park as a whole than Universal Studios Park.

Be sure to soak up the scenery!!

If you haven’t ever been, prioritize Forbidden Journey, Spider-Man, and Popeyes @ IOA. Dudley Do-Right is one of the most overrated rides at the resort, it’s fun, but very dated and pales in comparison to Splash.

Prioritize Revenge of The Mummy, Gringotts, and Men in Black @ Universal Studios. Despicable Me is very overrated at this park. Be sure to ride E.T. too! People like Transformers, but I’m not a big fan. If you have time do it, but it has excessive wait times.

Try to eat in CityWalk for far superior options to the parks, and/or at one of the Harry Potter Lands. My this is said to be epic, but I haven’t been. Enjoy your trip!

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Also, we're only planning on being there 1 day and park hopping. Our main focus will be Harry Potter World, but we will also probably try to do Transformers, Men In Black, Simpsons, and Spider Man. Is this realistic?
Yes, it will be crowded, bring your patience and buy express unlimited

Disneyhead'71

Nail down your date asap and buy the express pass. The sooner you buy it the less expensive it is. That week they will be expensive and sell out quickly.

Tom Morrow

Agreed with them. Without Express passes, you would have trouble doing more than a few things in one park in one day, let alone both. Also, be prepared for lots of traffic to get to Universal from Disney, which is where I assume you'll be staying near.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom