When rules don't apply to others; I want to hear your stories

21stamps

It also depends on the city too. Some are more expensive than others. I'm in Boston and even the nearest city (Quincy, literally a minute drive over a bridge) is cheaper.

What's crazy is years ago when the Fruit and Cheese Plate was still around I used to get one and a Venti iced white mocha- xtra shot on my way to work every morning, for $8.90. Those days/pricing are so long gone lol.
However, I'm thrilled that after years of not offering a fruit and cheese plate they came out with the protein boxes. I'd much rather get my kid an egg cheese and fruit box if we're running errands instead of a drive through McDonald's or any other fast food restaurant and get him a happy meal or similar.

Megamazing

In the Parks
Yes
What's crazy is years ago when the Fruit and Cheese Plate was still around I used to get one and a Venti iced white mocha- xtra shot on my way to work every morning, for $8.90. Those days/pricing are so long gone lol.
However, I'm thrilled that after years of not offering a fruit and cheese plate they came out with the protein boxes. I'd much rather get my kid an egg cheese and fruit box if we're running errands instead of a drive through McDonald's or any other fast food restaurant and get him a happy meal or similar.
Yeah even their breakfast sandwiches are way better for you than Mickey D's. I have a gold card so I don't really mind prices at all because I get free ones constantly. Or I did when I was going every day (I worked at Home Depot and would go to the Target next door every day for a break, sometimes twice a day.) but since I haven't been working I only go when I feel like venturing out, or when we go shopping. I still get free ones fairly often so if the prices are high, it's fine by me.

That was a really long winded and ridiculous post, hahaha.

21stamps

Yeah even their breakfast sandwiches are way better for you than Mickey D's. I have a gold card so I don't really mind prices at all because I get free ones constantly. Or I did when I was going every day (I worked at Home Depot and would go to the Target next door every day for a break, sometimes twice a day.) but since I haven't been working I only go when I feel like venturing out, or when we go shopping. I still get free ones fairly often so if the prices are high, it's fine by me.

That was a really long winded and ridiculous post, hahaha.

Ha ha, no I totally get it. I ran to Starbucks at 7pm last night because I needed one more star for the 100 Star Challenge. Today I started the Mocha Challenge (White Mochas count!). People laugh at me, but I'm getting "free" drinks or lunch items every few days!lol

Megamazing

In the Parks
Yes
Ha ha, no I totally get it. I ran to Starbucks at 7pm last night because I needed one more star for the 100 Star Challenge. Today I started the Mocha Challenge (White Mochas count!). People laugh at me, but I'm getting "free" drinks or lunch items every few days!lol
Free coffee just tastes better.

The Mom

Premium Member
.20 is not even close for Starbucks. Maybe you meant making it at home?

I wonder how much it really costs Starbucks to make that $5 cup of coffee? They must be able to buy all of their supplies at reduced bulk rate, unlike those of us who make it at home.
As in any retail establishment, we're paying for the luxury of having someone else produce the item. It's just that some items are impossible to produce yourself (car, for example) others are possible but require more skill and special equipment (clothing, curtains, etc) and others are so so easy that it seems strange to pay others to make it unless you aren't at home. (coffee)

Megamazing

In the Parks
Yes
I wonder how much it really costs Starbucks to make that $5 cup of coffee? They must be able to buy all of their supplies at reduced bulk rate, unlike those of us who make it at home.
As in any retail establishment, we're paying for the luxury of having someone else produce the item. It's just that some items are impossible to produce yourself (car, for example) others are possible but require more skill and special equipment (clothing, curtains, etc) and others are so so easy that it seems strange to pay others to make it unless you aren't at home. (coffee)
Some people like multiple coffees a day ( I do) so they make one at home in the morning, and get more throughout the day (like on a break from work, and a lot of work places don't have coffee machines.) Some people can't function without an iced coffee or iced latte (my husband has to have a second coffee during the day and it has to be iced.) It's not always just "Oh you can make coffee at home." Especially if you're out and about a lot.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
To get back on topic, I was at Disneyland a couple weeks ago and we were a couple people behind a family of four at Snow White's Scary Adventures, and there were about 20 people behind us. When we got in line we were just a couple feet outside of the main door to the building. Anyway, one of the members of the family turned around an motioned to someone and all of a sudden grandma, grandpa and 4 kids come nudging through the line (not saying excuse me or anything) and joined the family. It was irritating but we let it go, then we loop around inside and we are in a part of the line that is near an open window area with a low wall. Well grandma starts motioning to someone and sure enough an adult man is waving back standing next to two kids and then he and the kids climb over the wall to join them in line. My jaw about hit the ground!

By the way, I'm also weighing in on the Starbucks thing. I like coffee but I do not care for Starbucks so I'm glad there are Joffreys stands. But I do think that the Starbucks building are well themed and blend in nicely to the theme of the areas they are in. It's not like there are large neon signs hawking it. Product placement and corporate sales of non-Disney products has been going on since 1955 with the opening of Disneyland, it is not new.

I do think their coffee smells good too. Personally the perfume in some of the World Showcase stores is nauseating to me and being stuck by someone with too much perfume or cologne gives me a headache and has triggered a migraine on occasion for me. So I avoid those stores and try to get away from people with too much scent. So if it bothers you, stay way from it, don't enter or go to the other side of the street. And if people want to spend $5 or more on a coffee, what does it matter to me? Why should I judge them? It's not like they are taking money away from me to pay for it? I waste my fair share of money on what people think is stupid but I don't care. That is probably why I have lanyards full of pins that I think are amazing and others think are junk. To each their own.

Jedi Stitch

In general, I have seen way to much line jumping. Be it the one for all place holder with a half dozen family members popping in. the young adults and teen who usually see the last FP check is off and hit that line from standby.
The flasher is no longer the woman on the ride showing the camera, it is the person who can't/won't/or able to turn off the flash on dark rides. The light up the night with pad and tablet screens.

21stamps

In general, I have seen way to much line jumping. Be it the one for all place holder with a half dozen family members popping in. the young adults and teen who usually see the last FP check is off and hit that line from standby.
The flasher is no longer the woman on the ride showing the camera, it is the person who can't/won't/or able to turn off the flash on dark rides. The light up the night with pad and tablet screens.

I just don't understand the iPad thing. My camera on my iPhone is about equal quality to the camera on my iPad. Is there something that I'm missing as to why an iPad is better at an amusement park?

becca_

I just don't understand the iPad thing. My camera on my iPhone is about equal quality to the camera on my iPad. Is there something that I'm missing as to why an iPad is better at an amusement park?
Don't mean to stereotype here, but I have noticed it's mostly foreign people who do this. Not really sure why, maybe they assume they can't turn their phone on in a different country? No idea. I don't get it either. Maybe people don't have a phone or a camera?? iPads are expensive & way too bulky for me to be bringing around the parks - let alone holding the iPad up for a 20 minute show.. my arms would break off..

Megamazing

In the Parks
Yes
Don't mean to stereotype here, but I have noticed it's mostly foreign people who do this. Not really sure why, maybe they assume they can't turn their phone on in a different country? No idea. I don't get it either. Maybe people don't have a phone or a camera?? iPads are expensive & way too bulky for me to be bringing around the parks - let alone holding the iPad up for a 20 minute show.. my arms would break off..
Using your cell phone in another country will get you a phone bill that looks like a mortgage.

I don't see many foreign people do it but I do see a lot of older people using iPads as cameras.

becca_

Using your cell phone in another country will get you a phone bill that looks like a mortgage.

I don't see many foreign people do it but I do see a lot of older people using iPads as cameras.
You could turn the phone on airplane mode just to use the camera, I do that while I'm in Canada (I live close to the boarder of NY/Canada)

Megamazing

In the Parks
Yes
You could turn the phone on airplane mode just to use the camera, I do that while I'm in Canada (I live close to the boarder of NY/Canada)
True, but if your phone doesn't have a lot of photo storage and you can't back it up, then you run into a problem. Like I have Dropbox on my phone but it's useless without a connection.

macefamily

I was miserable last January on our trip to The Happiest Place on Earth. Our first ride when visiting Animal Kingdom is always It's a Bugs Life. Right off the bat we had groups stopping in the middle of the rows for their preferred seats. Same thing happened over in Universal on the Shrek ride. There were several instances when I saw grown men moving ropes and poles so they could push their family ahead of a queue. We couldn't get a bar seat at the Prime Time Cafe because parents had their four kids taking up seats as they were waiting for their table. Some people just don't get it.

becca_

True, but if your phone doesn't have a lot of photo storage and you can't back it up, then you run into a problem. Like I have Dropbox on my phone but it's useless without a connection.
I didn't even think about that, I just got a new phone and they come standard with 32GB now, so I have plenty of room - but that is a really good point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom