Likelihood of AK hours being extended in October?

JBIRDTO

Right now AK is open until 9/9:30 for September and then closes 7/7:30 for October. Considering sunset is around 7 in October and Disney is pushing AK as a nighttime park, is there evidence that the hours will be extended for October?
I was wondering the same thing. I will be there mid-October for 4 days and trying to plan entertainment and park hop. I would love to see both rivers of light and pandora at night but may have to choose.

JohnD

Wondering the same about September. I'd be okay with closing Safari and the trails at or past dusk for the sake of the animals if the rest of the park could be open later, especially Pandora and Everest.

Princess Leia

I'm going in late November, over Thanksgiving weekend (plus a couple days after), and I'm hoping for the same thing. However, I kind of doubt my friends and I will be so lucky.

Simba's Mom

Historically, how many weeks in advance are the extensions announced?

Although I don't know, I would hope they'd update their hours at least 60 days in advance. Our FP+ date opens soon, and it would be nice to know if the hours are going to be extended before we made our selections.

rsm

It is a bit frustrating that you basically need to made ADRs 5 months earlier than you even know what time a park will be open.

AEfx

Although I don't know, I would hope they'd update their hours at least 60 days in advance. Our FP+ date opens soon, and it would be nice to know if the hours are going to be extended before we made our selections.

Disney changes operating hours up until even the day or two before quite often, depending on demand. 60 days out, you can't expect anything more than a rough outline.

copcarguyp71

Looks like they're bumping hours at the Magic Kingdom, too. We'll be there in 3 weeks and just noticed EMH 12:00am - 2:00am for Oct. 11th !!

We were in MK during EMH's when it was open until 1AM....it was awesome. Pretty much zero strollers and most people leave due to exhaustion. Space Mountain was literally a walk on...DD and I rode it 4 times in a row. Get yourself an afternoon nap and take advantage of it definitely!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom