First time to DLP!

psherman42

Original Poster
Hey guys! I'm hoping to go to Paris within the next year (possibly October!) and have some questions.
1. Is there a way to book a room at one of the hotels (either the Disney ones or the partner hotels) without getting the package? I should be going with a friend who has tickets so I shouldn't need the standard package, but when I'm on the DLP site, I can't seem to find any sort of option for that.
2. It looks like it does based on the website, but the Magical Shuttle does service the partner hotels right?
3. Is there a hotel you'd recommend? I'm trying to keep this part of the trip relatively inexpensive. The ones that caught my eye were Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe or Adagio Marne-la-Vallee Val d'Europe. Does anybody have any experience with those two?
4. Is a day and a half enough? My rough plan for this trip would be to take a flight that gets to Paris around 8 am and go directly from there to DLP, spend one night, and leave at some point the next day to go into the city and then spend the rest of the time in Paris.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! And I welcome any general Paris tips as well. :D

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
1. If you call I think you can get a room without tickets. But I find DLP hotels overpriced for the quality given the proximity and convenience of other hotels in the area. As for the "good neighbor" hotels, don't go thru the DLP site for them but go directly to their website - you'll get better rates.
2. All the good neighbor hotels have a shuttle service.
3. I've never stayed at the two you've mentioned, but have stayed in all but one of the others. If you want "nicer" rooms, stick with one of the two Vienna hotels, but all of them are fine. All the ones I've stayed in have a Disney store in the lobby.
4. Provided it is not on a weekend or the last week of October (school holidays), definitely. Even if it is, probably.

I haven't been back since the change at DLP hotels concerning breakfast (no longer included in the room price), so I don't know what effect this has had on the good neighbor hotels, but bear in mind that it is a basic continental buffet (breads, pasteries, cheeses and meats, cereal). The upcharge at DLP is not worth it (some Eur 20 per night per person) and from most DLP hotels if you walk to the park you go through Disney Village and you can get breakfast at McDonald's, Earl of Sandwich, or Starbucks for much less. From any other hotel this is still possible - just means a slight detour to the right after security and then back towards the parks. In DLP itself I've only found muffins and I don't really like sugary food in the morning.

peep

Swissmiss has done a good job at covering most of your questions, I have a few more notes though.

Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe or Adagio Marne-la-Vallee Val d'Europe

These hotels are in the Val d'Europe area which isn't far from Disney, all hotels in that area tend to be cheaper as people don't want to travel 3 minutes on the RER (or walk for 30 mins). It's very easy to get to and it's worth it if you're trying to stay within a tight budget, there's also some small bakeries which are perfect for a small breakfast. I've not stayed at either of the hotels you mentioned but I tend to stay in the Residhome Val d'Europe which is nice, if very basic.

If you're planning on travelling into Paris and using public transport then I recommend using the official website https://www.ratp.fr/en. It's very easy to use and helpful for finding the best routes to get around.

In regards to time needed for the parks, it's all down to what you want to see/do in the parks. A day and a half might be fine if crowds aren't a problem, so try and avoid weekends and the last week of October if possible.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Not just DLP but Paris too will be more crowded so if you can go a week or so earlier, it would be better, because unlike other school holidays, the October holiday is the same throughout France (for winter and spring holidays the country is divided into 3 zones) and many other school districts in other countries also are off that week as well. I've been that week and if it is your only choice you'll still be able to enjoy yourself (crowds are heavy, not insane).

If you do still have flexibility in the dates, a few weeks earlier you are more likely to hit Indian summer weather. Don't forget, unlike WDW and DL, the weather isn't nice year-round.

EPCOTCenterLover

We have stayed at Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe during the Disney days for two of our trips. Very, very nice and relatively inexpensive. A walk across the street to the indoor shopping center and outdoor shops also offers some nice touches- including a supermarket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom