CEO Quits Trumps Panel, Backlash for Disney Too?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/technology/uber-ceo-travis-kalanick-trump-advisory-council.html

First this is not about Trump or his policies. We know many people are happy with and many are not happy with him. We all know why.

Uber's CEO has faced backlash since Trump took office from inside and outside the company. Culminating in Travis Kalanick leaving the President’s Strategic and Policy Forum. The group is made up of -

• Stephen A. Schwarzman (Forum Chairman), Chairman, CEO, and Co-Founder of Blackstone;
  • Paul Atkins, CEO, Patomak Global Partners, LLC, Former Commissioner of the Securities and Exchange Commission;
  • Mary Barra, Chairman and CEO, General Motors;
  • Toby Cosgrove, CEO, Cleveland Clinic;
  • Jamie Dimon, Chairman and CEO, JPMorgan Chase & Co;
  • Larry Fink, Chairman and CEO, BlackRock;
  • Travis Kalanick, CEO and Co-founder, Uber Technologies;
  • Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company;
  • Rich Lesser, President and CEO, Boston Consulting Group;
  • Doug McMillon, President and CEO, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.;
  • Jim McNerney, Former Chairman, President, and CEO, Boeing;
  • Elon Musk, Chairman and CEO, SpaceX and Tesla
  • Indra Nooyi, Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo;
  • Adebayo “Bayo” Ogunlesi, Chairman and Managing Partner, Global Infrastructure Partners;
  • Ginni Rometty, Chairman, President, and CEO, IBM;
  • Kevin Warsh, Shepard Family Distinguished Visiting Fellow in Economics, Hoover Institute, Former Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System;
  • Mark Weinberger, Global Chairman and CEO, EY;
  • Jack Welch, Former Chairman and CEO, General Electric;
  • Daniel Yergin, Pulitzer Prize-winner, Vice Chairman of IHS Markit;

He already called out Iger among the other CEO's that caused him to join the panel

upload_2017-2-2_21-59-28.png

So do you think Disney is big enough to avoid the backlash? Do you think now that one CEO has been pressured to step down others will be taken aim at?

KrzyKtty

What backlash? Elon Musk of Tesla left as well. For the most part, from all news reports I have seen, it is a pretty popular decision.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
This thread was from February when the CEO of Uber was basically forced to leave the President's board by Uber customers. That was my question would Iger also face pressure to quit. Obviously he didn't and now has quit over the Paris Agreement. This thread is pointless now.

KeithVH

Ah, didn't see the date.

Then again, there is no such thing as a pointless thread on Magic (considering some of the other threads here). Next thing you know, this thing will have 300+ posts attached to it . . .

Rumrunner

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/technology/uber-ceo-travis-kalanick-trump-advisory-council.html

First this is not about Trump or his policies. We know many people are happy with and many are not happy with him. We all know why.

Uber's CEO has faced backlash since Trump took office from inside and outside the company. Culminating in Travis Kalanick leaving the President’s Strategic and Policy Forum. The group is made up of -

• Stephen A. Schwarzman (Forum Chairman), Chairman, CEO, and Co-Founder of Blackstone;
  • Paul Atkins, CEO, Patomak Global Partners, LLC, Former Commissioner of the Securities and Exchange Commission;
  • Mary Barra, Chairman and CEO, General Motors;
  • Toby Cosgrove, CEO, Cleveland Clinic;
  • Jamie Dimon, Chairman and CEO, JPMorgan Chase & Co;
  • Larry Fink, Chairman and CEO, BlackRock;
  • Travis Kalanick, CEO and Co-founder, Uber Technologies;
  • Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company;
  • Rich Lesser, President and CEO, Boston Consulting Group;
  • Doug McMillon, President and CEO, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.;
  • Jim McNerney, Former Chairman, President, and CEO, Boeing;
  • Elon Musk, Chairman and CEO, SpaceX and Tesla
  • Indra Nooyi, Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo;
  • Adebayo “Bayo” Ogunlesi, Chairman and Managing Partner, Global Infrastructure Partners;
  • Ginni Rometty, Chairman, President, and CEO, IBM;
  • Kevin Warsh, Shepard Family Distinguished Visiting Fellow in Economics, Hoover Institute, Former Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System;
  • Mark Weinberger, Global Chairman and CEO, EY;
  • Jack Welch, Former Chairman and CEO, General Electric;
  • Daniel Yergin, Pulitzer Prize-winner, Vice Chairman of IHS Markit;

He already called out Iger among the other CEO's that caused him to join the panel

View attachment 187525

So do you think Disney is big enough to avoid the backlash? Do you think now that one CEO has been pressured to step down others will be taken aim at?
It makes no sense for any business leader to alienate the near 50% of the people in this country that voted for Trump. It is a sign of a leader that clearly is not informed and in touch with how people feel. Maybe they need to widen their news sources.

Uncle Lupe

It makes no sense for any business leader to alienate the near 50% of the people in this country that voted for Trump. It is a sign of a leader that clearly is not informed and in touch with how people feel. Maybe they need to widen their news sources.
So you alienate the 50% who didnt?

I guess the question I have is has this led to the delay for HoP?

Rumrunner

So you alienate the 50% who didnt?

I guess the question I have is has this led to the delay for HoP?
I would prefer business leaders and Hollywood types that have no idea how those in the middle feel just stay out of politics. I don't really care about their politics and most have shown themselves to be rather uninformed and closes minded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom