Trip Report Fairytales Do Come True...

Well friends, we've returned from a magical, rainy, pixie dust filled trip that will NEVER be topped in my book. :) I have so much to share with you that I simply couldn't wait any longer! The first post is a little word-heavy, but I promise the rest of the report will have LOTS of pictures!

Here's my PTR if you'd like to read it!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/prince-charmings-1st-trip-june-2017.922944/

Here we go! :joyfull:

Tuesday, 6/6

We had a 4pm flight out of Pittsburgh so fortunately didn't have to rush around much the morning that we left. We did some last minute packing and cleaning before loading everything up and heading to drop Tink off at my parents' house. She spent the first 4 days there and the last 4 days with Dylan's mom (and her wiener dog boyfriend :angelic:).

It's never easy leaving this sweet little baby. :( She knew something was up! Fortunately she was a good girl all week and had lots of fun with her grandmas! ;)
IMG_0047.JPG

Disney here we come!!!!! :joyfull:
IMG_0050.JPG

We were on the road a few minutes after 1pm and it didn't take long for me to take over Dylan's Pandora with the Disney station. :p We arrived at 3pm and parking was a nightmare! We were starting to really cut it close and I was stressing. We went to check our bags and were informed that our flight was delayed until 7:30pm due to weather. It was extremely frustrating to be delayed, but it was a blessing in disguise because we were so short on time. So much for having time to do something on arrival day. :(

We went to TGI Friday's for some snacks. Dylan had pretzels and I had French Onion Soup. I was dreaming about BOG soup. :hungry: It was fine, nothing spectacular! But it filled our tummies and held us over until we got to Orlando.
IMG_0052.JPG

After our long delay, we finally boarded our flight and took off right on time at 7:30pm.

fullsizeoutput_3640.jpeg

Let me just preface the next part of my report by saying we literally had the BEST flight crew ever! They were so much fun!

The flight attendants went through the typical safety speech but when they were done, one came back over the intercom and said, "I've been asked what to do if you have more than one child. Which one should you put the mask on first? You put it on the one who has the most earning potential OR the one who's going to change your diapers in the years to come. Because that's coming." :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

When we started our descent into Orlando, the same flight attendant came back on and sang our landing directions to the tune of "She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain." Then, another flight attendant came on and sang a farewell song to the tune of "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah." I wish I would have recorded them so I could remember the words. They were HILARIOUS! I love Southwest. :)

We finally landed at 9:30pm and headed to ME. Dylan stopped for some McDonalds in the food court on the way, lol. My mom bought me a Belle MagicBand for Christmas and I had called the day before to get it activated because it wasn't letting me do it myself. Well, it still wasn't working when I scanned it at the ME counter. :cautious: Fortunately, I had thrown my band for this trip in my carry on so scanned it for the time being.

Being that we landed close to 10pm, I wasn't sure about whether or not ME would get our luggage for us. The CM at the counter said we were fine and they would get it. It made me a little nervous, but we took her word for it.
IMG_0054.JPG

We boarded a boring Mears bus at 10:10 and pulled out a few minutes later. The welcome video was broken so we watched Brave instead. :(
IMG_0055.JPG

We arrived home at 10:45pm! :joyfull: This is the best I could do, lol.
IMG_0056.JPG

We went to the front desk to get my MagicBand fixed which only took a few minutes. I also never received my "room ready" text so had to figure out where we were staying. We were in the Hoops Hotel section! I took these pictures later in the week since it was dark when we arrived. :)
IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

I had requested a first floor room, thinking it would be nice to not have to walk up and down steps or ride the elevator. It ended up being pretty noisy with all the people walking by. We're both heavy sleepers and even more so because we were always exhausted at the end of the day, so it wasn't a huge deal. But I just thought it was worth mentioning for those of you who are light sleepers or have little ones!

We stopped in the food court for a snack and our mugs, as we were on the dining plan. We ate our snacks in our room and then hopped into bed!

I woke up at 3:30am and we still didn't have our luggage. There was a message on the phone that was left at 1am saying our luggage was there.. to call when we needed it and they would bring it to the room. I went back to sleep and called when we got up at 6:30am. I was on hold for 15 minutes and when they answered, was told luggage services didn't open until 7am. :cautious: Then why did you leave me a message saying to call when I wanted it delivered? Our luggage arrived a few minutes after 7am so it ended up being fine.

Next up, Magic Kingdom!!!! :joyfull:

7,183 steps
5.74 miles

Last edited:

MerMom1981

Yay! You're back!
I promise I'm not at all jealous of your proximity to Disney. I'm counting on you for my Disney fix from now on!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who was out of my head all weekend over the D23 announcements. I was annoying my husband hourly.
Me (jumping to my feet): "OMG! Babe, the Tron coater is official!!!"
Jim: (raises his eyebrows)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, 6/11 cont.

We hopped on a bus to the Poly and were soon walking by this beautiful scenery. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5238.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5239.jpg

It was around 5pm at this point, and though I knew it was a long shot, we decided to try and get into Trader Sam's. It was like a 45 minute wait or something. Nope. :cautious:

We went outside to the bar instead. They serve the same stuff so it wasn't a big deal, however I did want to experience the atmosphere of Trader Sam's. Soon. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_523a.jpg

We both decided on a Spiky Pineapple and loved it! If I remember correctly, the bartender put coconut rum in mine. Nice touch. :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_523b.jpg

We sat at a table outside and enjoyed some peace and quiet while we sucked down our drinks. After we finished, we headed inside to get something from Tambu Lounge.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_523e.jpg

I wanted an Island Sunset, but they said the machine was broken so I had to choose something else. :( However, I'm sooooo glad that was the case! I decided on a Pina Colava and now I'm addicted lol. Best. Drink. EVER!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_523c.jpg

Dylan had some sort of beer... I don't remember what it was but he liked it. We sat in the comfy chairs and enjoyed our drinks until it was finally time for our 7pm dinner ADR! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_523d.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
I'm having lots of fun following along. I'm sorry you're not more adventurous in the dining department. I love amazing flavors and combinations, but I'm not a big fan of eating meat that looks like the animal it came from (grind it up and I'm good!!). I wonder how you'd like Spice Road Table or Tangerine Café in Morocco in EPCOT. Both are delish!! :0)

I wish I was more adventurous! I'm always afraid to try new things for fear of not liking it, which only perpetuates my pickiness lol. I've heard good things about both of those restaurants, but I'm not sure how I would personally feel about them!

Yay! You're back!
I promise I'm not at all jealous of your proximity to Disney. I'm counting on you for my Disney fix from now on!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who was out of my head all weekend over the D23 announcements. I was annoying my husband hourly.
Me (jumping to my feet): "OMG! Babe, the Tron coater is official!!!"
Jim: (raises his eyebrows)

Lol! Happy to be of service. ;) Lots of mini TR's coming your way!

Dylan had similar reactions haha. "That's cool." "Nice." :p

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, 6/11 cont.

Where were we dining tonight, you ask? Here. :D
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5240.jpg

I went to check in 15 minutes early and was told we'd be called back shortly.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_523f.jpg

We were buzzed a few minutes after 7pm and led to table 310, aka the most perfect table EVER! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5242.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5243.jpg

I could not believe our luck! This definitely made up for the lack of a window seat at California Grill. :inlove: You seriously cannot beat this view!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5244.jpg

Soon, we were munching on some Pineapple Coconut Bread and salad to start off our delicious meal.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5241.jpg

Then, the really good stuff started coming around. :hungry: Pork dumplings, wings, teriyaki noodles, and stir fry veggies! It was all so delicious, but we tried to not eat a ton because there was so much more yumminess coming!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5245.jpg

For those of you who don't know, O'hana is a family style meal. The starters and appetizers are served on platters for the table to share, and then the meats are brought around on large skewers. You simply tell your server how many pieces of each meat you'd like (or none at all) and can request more later!

The steak was my absolute favorite part of the meal - holy man was it good! I got seconds after I'd had a chance to try everything. :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5246.jpg

The sweet and sour chicken was also quite good! I'm not a seafood person (at all). I can stomach shrimp, but not a lot of it. I did enjoy the shrimp here, but was more than happy to stick with the other options. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5247.jpg

Last but not least- dessert! I'd heard a lot of great things about the bread pudding, but I'm not sure it completely lived up to the hype. :oops: It was good, but not "out of this world" like others have claimed. Maybe I was just too full to enjoy it, but I think there were other parts of the meal that topped it. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5248.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, 6/11 cont.

A few more pictures of our beautiful dinner view. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_524a.jpg

TUOjpC4lQ6mbsOnEZOHjhQ_thumb_524b.jpg

We loved O'hana and it's definitely somewhere we'd eat again! I think it was a lot of food for the two of us to handle, so a larger group would be ideal. I recommend it! :)

We left the restaurant at 8:30pm and caught the boat back to MK.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_524c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_524d.jpg

I have no idea how the wedding pavilion always ends up in my Grand Floridian pictures. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_524e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_524f.jpg

We stopped to talk to these cuties while waiting for the boat. I read a few days later that ducks were attacking people on the Poly dock. o_O Lucky for us, these guys liked us. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5250.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5251.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5252.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5253.jpg

We slowly made our way to the buses after our peaceful boat ride and were greeted by a huge charter bus (complete with reclining seats :cool:). We had a relaxing ride back home and wrapped up our day at 9:30pm.

12,017 steps
9.61 miles

amjt660

Premium Member
I was literally the exact same way with my boyfriend when all those announcements were coming out! Except on Monday morning when HE was the one to text ME and say that he couldn't wait to go back to Disney once Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opens because it was going to be awesome. This is the first time that he has EVER been the one to bring up a Disney trip willingly. I think I'm converting him!
Contrary to public belief "we" are trainable
You just have to be persistent and patient

Max

LisaBelle

Sunday, 6/11 cont.

We hopped on a bus to the Poly and were soon walking by this beautiful scenery. :inlove:
View attachment 216612

View attachment 216613

It was around 5pm at this point, and though I knew it was a long shot, we decided to try and get into Trader Sam's. It was like a 45 minute wait or something. Nope. :cautious:

We went outside to the bar instead. They serve the same stuff so it wasn't a big deal, however I did want to experience the atmosphere of Trader Sam's. Soon. ;)
View attachment 216607

We both decided on a Spiky Pineapple and loved it! If I remember correctly, the bartender put coconut rum in mine. Nice touch. :hungry:
View attachment 216608

We sat at a table outside and enjoyed some peace and quiet while we sucked down our drinks. After we finished, we headed inside to get something from Tambu Lounge.
View attachment 216611

I wanted an Island Sunset, but they said the machine was broken so I had to choose something else. :( However, I'm sooooo glad that was the case! I decided on a Pina Colava and now I'm addicted lol. Best. Drink. EVER!
View attachment 216609

Dylan had some sort of beer... I don't remember what it was but he liked it. We sat in the comfy chairs and enjoyed our drinks until it was finally time for our 7pm dinner ADR! :joyfull:
View attachment 216610
Mmmmm! Pina Colavas are one of my favorites! I am dying to try O'Hana! Glad you enjoyed it!

newhorizons1

I love the Island Sunsets! Sad the machine was broken but yay for finding a new yummy drink! You are right that table at ‘Ohana was the most perfect table ever!

Matt and Kelly

Sunday, 6/11 cont.

Where were we dining tonight, you ask? Here. :D
View attachment 216772

I went to check in 15 minutes early and was told we'd be called back shortly.
View attachment 216771

We were buzzed a few minutes after 7pm and led to table 310, aka the most perfect table EVER! :joyfull:
View attachment 216774

View attachment 216775

I could not believe our luck! This definitely made up for the lack of a window seat at California Grill. :inlove: You seriously cannot beat this view!
View attachment 216776

Soon, we were munching on some Pineapple Coconut Bread and salad to start off our delicious meal.
View attachment 216773

Then, the really good stuff started coming around. :hungry: Pork dumplings, wings, teriyaki noodles, and stir fry veggies! It was all so delicious, but we tried to not eat a ton because there was so much more yumminess coming!
View attachment 216777

For those of you who don't know, O'hana is a family style meal. The starters and appetizers are served on platters for the table to share, and then the meats are brought around on large skewers. You simply tell your server how many pieces of each meat you'd like (or none at all) and can request more later!

The steak was my absolute favorite part of the meal - holy man was it good! I got seconds after I'd had a chance to try everything. :hungry:
View attachment 216778

The sweet and sour chicken was also quite good! I'm not a seafood person (at all). I can stomach shrimp, but not a lot of it. I did enjoy the shrimp here, but was more than happy to stick with the other options. :p
View attachment 216779

Last but not least- dessert! I'd heard a lot of great things about the bread pudding, but I'm not sure it completely lived up to the hype. :oops: It was good, but not "out of this world" like others have claimed. Maybe I was just too full to enjoy it, but I think there were other parts of the meal that topped it. :)
View attachment 216780

We love Ohana!!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Contrary to public belief "we" are trainable
You just have to be persistent and patient

Max

:hilarious:

Sometimes I think Tink is easier to train, but Dylan has come a long way. :p

Mmmmm! Pina Colavas are one of my favorites! I am dying to try O'Hana! Glad you enjoyed it!

They're SO GOOD! Why does Disney keep giving me new addictions!? :arghh: O'hana was so worth it.. definitely keep it high on your list. ;)

MMMM Ohana's....that would be SO delicious right now! I'm glad you enjoyed it, it is one of our traditions to do this for dinner on our first night - we've got it booked again for December!

Agreed! Sounds like a pretty great tradition to me. :)

I love the Island Sunsets! Sad the machine was broken but yay for finding a new yummy drink! You are right that table at ‘Ohana was the most perfect table ever!

I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to try an Island Sunset now that I'm addicted to Pina Colava's! Something will have to be broken to keep me from ordering one. :p

We love Ohana!!

We really enjoyed it! I'd love to take our family there sometime when they come to visit. :)

I think the beer was a Dos Equis!!!

View attachment 216931

View attachment 216930

Max

:hilarious::hilarious:

I'll have to take your word for it. :p

blreinsel

Original Poster
Monday, 6/12

Last day already!? :cry:

We slept in a bit and didn't head to MK until 11:30am.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5254.jpg

We were starving so made a beeline to find food! We ended up in Tomorrowland. I had never eaten here before, so was excited to try somewhere new. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5255.jpg

Dylan had a bacon cheeseburger and I had BBQ chicken strips. They tasted exactly like Applebee's boneless wings- SO GOOD! And I got so many of them.. my meal could have easily been shared. If you're looking for a good QS meal at MK, this is it! :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5257.jpg

We saw this creative, but interesting, outfit while we ate. o_O I can't imagine that dress is cool in the Florida sun.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5258.jpg

After lunch, we had a FP+ to attend to so we walked to Fantasyland.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5259.jpg

Peter Pan is neat, but I can't figure out why people wait so long for it. It's not that good of a ride lol. Dylan felt the same way about it.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_525a.jpg

We returned from Neverland and decided to go on a different kind of ride.. one that I had never been on before! It was time to explore the Rivers of America on the Liberty Belle! :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_525b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_525c.jpg

gT83oZpKTAOgZdLbv8Rcrw_thumb_525d.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Monday, 6/12 cont.

We returned from our cruise through the jungle and decided we needed a snack to help us beat the heat! The CM handed us our treats and informed us they were on Mickey, then congratulated us on our engagement. :joyfull: Isn't Disney seriously the best?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_526f.jpg

We made our way to the Haunted Mansion for our next FP+. It looks so much better without the scrim blocking its beauty. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5270.jpg

We hopped in this FP+ line. :confused: It took awhile to finally make it inside, and this queue is the worst to be standing in midday. We were thankful when we finally made it back into the AC!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5271.jpg

I love this ride, but I really wish they'd bring back the interactive endings. :(
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5272.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5339.jpg

We took the long way around to head to Main Street so we could stop by Village Gifts to browse. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5273.jpg

I'll take one of each, please! :joyfull: Are Disney wedding registries a thing yet?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5274.jpg

I've been wanting one of these journals since @imahistorygeek got one, but I decided to hold off for now. It would have been one more thing to pack (which we didn't need lol) and I knew I'd be able to go back and get one after the move. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5275.jpg

Somehow I made it out of the shop without purchasing anything... a miracle of sorts. ;) We continued our walk toward Main Street. It was nearing 3pm! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5276.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom