News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Phantom Mickey

Nostalgia aside, it is about time to replace this ride. It just isn't that great anymore. I loved it for a long time but its run its course.

However I hope they keep the facade and I hope they have plans to expand and not just replace after toy story and Star Wars opens.
Well remember that Hewlett-Packard was picking up a lot of the tab and wanted something new and fancy to champion their brand, not a warmed-over 20-year-old GE leftover. Neither they nor Disney built Mission Space expecting it to be so lame and disappointing, but....
-----------------
But unless I am wrong, they had space behind, or beside to the rear of HORIZONs or any other location where they could have EXPANDED. They didn't have to tear down Horizons UNLESS there was another reason they had to do it.
It seems to me, SOARn is built beside/behind an attraction as an expansion, is that right? I think it is.
Dizzy badly needs attractions to take up the numbers of guests and get these que line numbers and long times down. Fast Pass isn't helping this cause.
So why aren't they expanding instead of replacing???

Tom Morrow

how do you think they'll pay tribute to GMR in MMRR and Ellen's EA in the GOTG ride in EPCOT?
(similar to how they placed several tower of terror items on display in the queue of Mission Breakout: a bellhop hat, a portrait, and an HTH bookmark)
I sincerely hope that this song makes an appearance:

It fits right in with the soundtracks from the movies.

For those that think all the new Mickey shorts are grossout well it's not. Not all the new shorts are grossout focus nor is it anything Ren and Stimpyish.
To be fair, there are some grossout scenes here and there and they mimic the "gross closeup shot" style. Most of the time though they just exaggerate the characters' facial expressions for comedic effect. Jon K of Ren and Stimpy used this technique to the extreme which is why people associate that with Ren and Stimpy.

Also when they first started doing these shorts they were having a lot of fun with other cultures and they were very tastefully done:
Example:

Also the backgrounds in these are really artfully done. There's more to these shorts than just the occasional gross-out shot.

Phantom Mickey

The theater façade is staying.
------------
Maybe so. Sure gonna look funny if the modern look of STAR WARS LAND and the playful look of TOY STORY and the other big kids attraction are actually completed. The theater facade will be out of place.
Well remember that Hewlett-Packard was picking up a lot of the tab and wanted something new and fancy to champion their brand, not a warmed-over 20-year-old GE leftover. Neither they nor Disney built Mission Space expecting it to be so lame and disappointing, but....
---------------
EXACTLY

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
---------------
Is it BUILT yet?

Hold my beer....

-----------------
But unless I am wrong, they had space behind, or beside to the rear of HORIZONs or any other location where they could have EXPANDED. They didn't have to tear down Horizons UNLESS there was another reason they had to do it.
It seems to me, SOARn is built beside/behind an attraction as an expansion, is that right? I think it is.
Dizzy badly needs attractions to take up the numbers of guests and get these que line numbers and long times down. Fast Pass isn't helping this cause.

You don't know the history of what happened to Horizons and so you rely on internet lore for your knowledge.

You don't know where the expansion to Soarin' was built.

You're on the FastPass ruined everything bandwagon.

And, you think that the Mickey's and Minnie's Runaway Railroad Ride won't be built despite it being announced at D23.

Despite such a huge display of ignorance, you weigh in like an old time armchair imagineer pro.

I don't know which is worse, your obvious trolling or the long time members here who don't see it and respond to you like you're actually knowledgeable.

Yes this is a discussion board and people can have opinions. What they can't have is invincible ignorance and opinions based on that ignorance. Uninformed opinions aren't opinions. It is not discussion. It is trolling.

Phantom Mickey

Hold my beer....

You don't know the history of what happened to Horizons and so you rely on internet lore for your knowledge.

And, you think that the Mickey's and Minnie's Runaway Railroad Ride won't be built despite it being announced at D23.

Despite such a huge display of ignorance, you weigh in like an old time armchair imagineer pro.

I don't know which is worse, your obvious trolling or the long time members here who don't see it and respond to you like you're actually knowledgeable.

Yes this is a discussion board and people can have opinions. What they can't have is invincible ignorance and opinions based on that ignorance. Uninformed opinions aren't opinions. It is not discussion. It is trolling.

Phantom Mickey

Thank you that was, not helpful.
There is plenty of history out there about the HORIZON Building. A lot of denials, a lot of stories.
True, I am not a fan of Fast Pass, It just doesn't seem to work out in the number Fred.
As for the rest of your hot air, thank you

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There is plenty of history out there about the HORIZON Building. A lot of denials, a lot of stories.
True, I am not a fan of Fast Pass, It just doesn't seem to work out in the number Fred.

You didn't respond to your denial that a new ride will definitely be built in place of TGMR.

But you tried to fuzz things up by responding to the things you can fuzz and ignore that huge blunder.

If you want to really learn, go to the link below and read up on what's happening by following the links in the post.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-upcoming-timeline-tracker.926402/

Phantom Mickey

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hold my beer....

... and you put a dashed line under the message you are replying to for no apparent reasons. ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
------------
Maybe so. Sure gonna look funny if the modern look of STAR WARS LAND and the playful look of TOY STORY and the other big kids attraction are actually completed. The theater facade will be out of place.

---------------
EXACTLY

It would be no more out of place then Main Street in MK is when compared to Fantasyland or Tomorrowland. Even though the park is moving away from the "how movies are made theme" it is still going to be filled with attractions based on movies, so the classic Hollywood "main street" still makes sense.

HMF

-----------------
They will probably sneak one of th energy songs in there somewhere.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

... all you need to know about the end of Horizons from your resident historian. (yes, the video is about Mission:SPACE but it covers the end of Horizons)

Kman101

I still like the park, the front half is the same as it always has been. You can stretch a full day if you wanted to. But I'm someone who doesn't often do RnRc and I always skip Toy Story ... I imagine it's starting to become reality for some that it's a mixed bag and there isn't a lot to do. Sure you can see the same theater shows for the millionth time ... take time to watch the Stormtroopers on parade, the ridiculous Star Wars stage "show" ... the park hasn't changed all that much besides losing Backlot Tour and Lights! Motors! Action! so in reality I don't get the complaints. It's wrong to have so few actual rides, but it's still the same park it's been for the most part ...

seabreezept813

I still like the park, the front half is the same as it always has been. You can stretch a full day if you wanted to. But I'm someone who doesn't often do RnRc and I always skip Toy Story ... I imagine it's starting to become reality for some that it's a mixed bag and there isn't a lot to do. Sure you can see the same theater shows for the millionth time ... take time to watch the Stormtroopers on parade, the ridiculous Star Wars stage "show" ... the park hasn't changed all that much besides losing Backlot Tour and Lights! Motors! Action! so in reality I don't get the complaints. It's wrong to have so few actual rides, but it's still the same park it's been for the most part ...

This makes sense.. before the GMR removal, the only parts my family will miss are the streets of America and we always did the lights, motors, action for my husband. Still I don't think we usually rack up a full day. We usually park hop to this once or twice for just a few hours at a time.
Yet, I'm not thrilled by the changes. I know I'm in the minority but Star tours was actually enough Star Wars for me. Would've preferred lots of different individul experiences. But we're flexible and someday we'll probably really enjoy the new offerings. Maybe Disney is giving us something we didn't know we wanted.. (crosses fingers)

EricsBiscuit

It won't be as jarring as walking down Main Street USA and seeing an almost 20 story castle from Cinderella.

Also DHS is a nice park. I like all the attractions there and it will kick UNI's you know what when SWL is built. It has so much potential if they just refresh the shows now and use the theaters for two different shows, add a parade and bam.

rioriz

I'm the same way honestly

Went to 4 out of 4 parks in one day recently and in reflection i had the best time at DHS. Of all the hits we give it i feel the most Disney Magic walking into those gates...The Chinese Theater is part of that. Then turn Right on Sunrise and view the icon tucked in the corner...and SW:AGFFA at the end of the night was amazing!

Maybe im too hard on the park...HOWEVER...losing another ride sucks!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom