Mission:Space update (confirmed)

S 2

I agree it could be a bit cause for concern but I don't know that one equals the other (TRON = demo of Space Mountain). What would go in the dome? I'd prefer money to go elsewhere too but what's done is done. I don't see why folks now need to panic about SM unless you know for sure what will happen. What would make you happy in terms of plans and what they do to the parks? I feel like you don't ever like anything they do and that makes me sad because I value your opinion on all of these things.

He does like things and tell us we'll be excited about some things and others are 'good additions'... I think we just notice the negative more, with him and everyone else on here. imo

Kman101

He does like things and tell us we'll be excited about some things and others are 'good additions'... I think we just notice the negative more, with him and everyone else on here. imo

I wasn't trying to imply he was being negative, he just sort of gave a bit of a doom and gloom scenario towards SM. I'm fine with TRON coming but agree with him that the money could have gone elsewhere and this won't solve the problems the park has. It's great to get a flashy new e-ticket coaster but I also understand his concerns. I was just curious what he thought they should do and wanted to find out what would make him happier with the parks, not that he hates everything, sorry if that's the way I presented it. I appreciate his view points. But I think he's already listed to me what he'd like to see.

PizzaPlanet

I agree it could be a bit cause for concern but I don't know that one equals the other (TRON = demo of Space Mountain). What would go in the dome? I'd prefer money to go elsewhere too but what's done is done. I don't see why folks now need to panic about SM unless you know for sure what will happen. What would make you happy in terms of plans and what they do to the parks? I feel like you don't ever like anything they do and that makes me sad because I value your opinion on all of these things.
Yeah, there's no way they would demolish the original Space Mountain. That would be absolutely insane.

Daveeeeed

I actually agree. If the average Six Flags can have 13 coasters, MK can function with five. WDW will have 10 coasters by 2021. Not unreasonable. By my count, Universal arguably has five.
Plus the wait times for Space Mountain and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train are ridiculous. And TRON is an awesome ride that as an IP won't bring in any new people. It could even help convince them that an IP free ride works in the theme parks still (IMO TRON is not in anyway an IP like Ratatouille or Gotg). So long as now that they add another E-ticket they add a dark ride E-ticket and possibly some nice high capacity C-tickets, they seem to be playing it the best out of the 4 parks with the MK. Finally! A high-quality production theater that adds a massive amount of capacity!!!

Ironically, MK may be receiving the best updates for what's needed, and thematically of any of the Orlando parks.

Jones14

Plus the wait times for Space Mountain and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train are ridiculous. And TRON is an awesome ride that as an IP won't bring in any new people. It could even help convince them that an IP free ride works in the theme parks still (IMO TRON is not in anyway an IP like Ratatouille or Gotg). So long as now that they add another E-ticket they add a dark ride E-ticket and possibly some nice high capacity C-tickets, they seem to be playing it the best out of the 4 parks with the MK. Finally! A high-quality production theater that adds a massive amount of capacity!!!

Ironically, MK may be receiving the best updates for what's needed, and thematically of any of the Orlando parks.
I think it just goes to show how little MK (and to a lesser extent, AK) needs to thrive. They're both solid parks that just need little fixes here and there, especially when you look at them next to the dumpster fires that are the middle children.

rabbit1

And TRON is an awesome ride that as an IP won't bring in any new people. It could even help convince them that an IP free ride works in the theme parks still (IMO TRON is not in anyway an IP like Ratatouille or Gotg).

TRON IP may not be quite to the level of Ratatouille or GotG, but it does have a solid following. I know a number of people who are as excited about this ride (if not more so) than they were for the new Star Wars areas. Give the rest of Tomorrowland another refresh with the TRON look, and I'd be a very happy camper. :D

Daveeeeed

I think it just goes to show how little MK (and to a lesser extent, AK) needs to thrive. They're both solid parks that just need little fixes here and there, especially when you look at them next to the dumpster fires that are the middle children.
Yes! They are both EPIC parks, and I love them both very much. Easily the two best WDW parks, but...
To be 100% fair, The Magic Kingdom should have at least a gain of 2 E-tickets to be on par with what Disneyland is getting with Star Wars Land. We are getting 1-ride and an E-ticket theater. I'm super pumped as the park is heading in an awesome direction, and the future is easily as bright! BUT, and this is a big problem, Disneyland Park will have a grand total of 5 more E-ticket rides when this is all said and done

The only 3 rides that are superior at The Magic Kingdom to Disneyland are Splash Mountain, The Haunted Mansion, and The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh. Every other ride is either be equal or superior to Disney World's. From Jungle Cruise (the skippers are super funny and it's faster paced feels great) to Buzz Lightyear, and of course Pirates of The Caribbean.

And instead of replacing their expensive rides like WDW just did to GMR, they keep them thriving like Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (which is wildly underrated but obviously has a few flaws). Yes, Hollywood Studios will get Star Wars Land, but DCA will still be a far superior park by the time that opens as Cars Land plus Marvel Land will more than make up for Star Wars Land being absent. To boot it is also still a 15-minute walk away.
Rides are just a part of the experience, but if Disneyland lacked rides, it would make it all up in its charm. The intricately crafted New Orleans Square and the proper location for Splash Mountain are great to have. But as cool it is that it was original, Cinderella Castle is epic, but I really like that the shops on Mainstreet have somewhat been preserved. (I must point out Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln is golden:D).

Countless rides are outdated (hopefully they will be updated!) in Orlando, and having much MUCH lower wait times throughout the resort (I'm talking you can get Fastpass all day for almost any ride, and queue times are far less).

The Magic Kingdom is equaling what it had in the 90's. For what is supposed to be the most visited park in the world that's a tad bit disappointing. It has always been thriving as it has always been a great park (and still is). This new proper investment will make it thrive even more, but noticeably absent is a demand from TDO that it can rival Disneyland and Tokyo. It also, unfortunately, deals with terrible quick service options (for the most part:)), ridiculous amounts of people, (cannot be controlled) humidity, and what should be standard upgrades to attractions.

Animal Kingdom, I've got no arguments there, but I will say that two of the rides in that park have far superior iterations over in California. That's a spectacular park though for being a second gate, and for being originally an underbuilt second gate (much like DCA)... it really is. And not to mention wait times are much more manageable too; akin down the road to Islands of Adventure, and Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Anaheim compared to the other 3 WDW parks.

Anyway, MK is obviously one of the best parks in the world. In my opinion, as good as Disneyland's dark rides are, still having the Peoplemover, The Carousel of Progress, and Country Bear Jamboree thankfully make up for it. But for capacity reasons and more, Magic Kingdom needs way more rides. I really hope that the second parks have enough expansion to justify this, but it seems that Hollywood Studios will not even get a boat ride or a dark ride in this update.

It's quite interesting to see how that while MK is an extremely solid park, it needs a ton of work. I know this sounds a bit negative, but I am very excited and still love the park! I just hope that in the future MK will continue to grow with positive input that further benefits the park, and all of the guests who visit it:).

Now also pretty epic to see Disney World's other two parks seeing some great changes: Mission: Space is receiving an awesome update. It's interesting how they are not changing the name though, as to shed the ride of its biased, misguided attacks. Awesome how we will actually end up with two different rides!

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think you can relax. Have the wait times for Mission: Space ever been so unreasonable that you absolutely could not ride it without a fastpass? I don't think I've ever waited longer than 10-15 minutes during the peak hours of the day.

If they upgrade M:S by a small plus of Orange and a big plus of Green... you could be looking at long lines if it's now family-friendly, at least especially for the Green side.

Biff215

If they upgrade M:S by a small plus of Orange and a big plus of Green... you could be looking at long lines if it's now family-friendly, at least especially for the Green side.
I agree, plus it will be the only other option to TT on that side of FW. While Energy was hardly popular lately, the guests who would be trapped in there for 45 minutes have to go somewhere!

JohnD

I might actually ride M:S now. The older version of Green still didn't appeal to me. So it didn't spin. But it still had all the other effects. To date, I've avoided it like the plague. If green becomes family friendly, yes, the popularity will go up. I'll go on it. I'll still avoid orange. Not for me, thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom