Makin' memories
Makin' memories
Takin' pictures is makin' memories
Catchin' little pieces of time
Makin' them yours and makin' them mine
Great vacations and celebrations we love to hold near and dear
And when we're makin' memories
Happy days can reappear!

@amjt660 it seemed a little presumptuous of me to include Three Peat in the title of this trip report. A more accurate term might be Repeat, considering this is my third TR in three months. I am fearful that my WDWMagic friends may be weary of me.

But for @Big Hair and anyone else who wants to follow along, Welcome! I truly love reliving our great (and not-so-great) vacation memories through writing these reports. As always, your comments and observations are much appreciated!

So c'mon everybody, here we go........

Cast: Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Dates: June 17-25, 2017
Resorts: Port Orleans Riverside and Polynesian Village ('cause let's be honest......you can take the girl out of the Poly, but you can't take the Poly out of the girl!)

IMG_8860.JPG

(Does this picture make you woozy? It is an appropriate representation of my Pandora experience.)

Stick around to discover what memories we made!

amjt660

Premium Member
"Tuvalu, how are pre-park opening breakfast ADRs handled now that Main Street opens at 8 am?"

I'm glad you asked.

Guests with ADRs at Crystal Palace may proceed directly to the restaurant.

Guests with ADRs at Be Our Guest or Cinderella's Royal Table should follow the signs held by CMs.
View attachment 216389
CM #1 directs guests to......

......CM #2
View attachment 216390
CM #2 asks for the guest's ADR time and if it is before 9 am the guest is directed to CM #3 (not pictured) who scans Magic Bands or cross checks a printed list. Then the party is allowed into a roped-off area to the left of the castle for entry into Fantasyland and may proceed to BOG or CRT.

Now you know.

upload_2017-7-20_18-28-38.png

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Thursday, con't

Even rarer than a Fairy Godmother sighting would be this:
View attachment 216702
A FIVE MINUTE STANDBY WAIT FOR PETER PAN??!!! :jawdrop:

So of course we had to hurry on in!

I have walked through the new queue at least a dozen times and this was the first time I noticed the blocks on the bed spell Peter Pan. :facepalm:
View attachment 216703
(I am usually focused on the fun shadows on the wall!)

Here comes my ship. I think I rode alone; Woody and Em rode together. Despite what the sign may say, three adults do not fit comfortably in one pirate ship.
View attachment 216704 "

"I feel like a smackeral of honey," I said as we left Pan.
"A what?" asked Woody.
"A smackeral of honey."
"It means she wants to go ride Pooh," Em chimed in.
"I've never heard that expression," Woody said skeptically.
"It's in the book!" I insisted.

Proof!
View attachment 216705

Remember the "playful" Woody I referenced a couple times earlier in this TR?

He's baaacckkk!!!
View attachment 216707
Is smackeral a real wor..... forget it - I don't want to lose another one

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
We had time to squeeze in one more ride before our first FP.

I think the walk through the queue is longer than the actual ride!
View attachment 216715

7DMT used to be the most highly sought FP. Then came Frozen Ever After and it dropped to #2. I'm betting that Flight of Passage has caused 7DMT to drop down another slot to #3.

But no matter its ranking, 7DMT is a fun ride for all ages.
View attachment 216716

Em and I did our best to recreate my mom's terrified face on 7DMT.
She didn't appreciate our efforts. :joyfull:
View attachment 216717

Woody volunteered for "the awkward ride with a stranger." That's why he's the best!
View attachment 216718

So playful Woody became awkward Woody??

upload_2017-7-20_18-33-52.png

Max

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm so jelly that you had a 5-minute walk-on wait for PP???!!! :jawdrop: Good lord, I don't think I've EVER seen it less than 15 minutes, and even that's rare. Actually, I didn't go on it this year or last either--the lines were just insane and I passed on it. I really lover that ride, too, but it was just too hot to wait in long lines for it.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Is smackeral a real wor..... forget it - I don't want to lose another one
Max
Smart man! ;)

So playful Woody became awkward Woody??
View attachment 216733
Max
It was awkward for him to sit next to a stranger. Not a lot of personal space on a 7DMT train!

I'm so jelly that you had a 5-minute walk-on wait for PP???!!! :jawdrop: Good lord, I don't think I've EVER seen it less than 15 minutes, and even that's rare. Actually, I didn't go on it this year or last either--the lines were just insane and I passed on it. I really lover that ride, too, but it was just too hot to wait in long lines for it.
I couldn't believe it either and I was afraid without the photo no one would believe me!

meg0039

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Woody volunteered for "the awkward ride with a stranger." That's why he's the best!
img_8679-jpg.216718

But, but . . . I often go in the single rider line on many of the rides. I hope the other person in the 2nd seat isn't feeling awkward, because I'm sitting there? :( (And no, the big guy in the photo is not me--wrong gender, and he's much bigger than I am!)

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Time for our next FP.

IMG_8682.JPG

For you @Longers!
IMG_8684.JPG

We'd worked up quite an appetite during our wild ride.

IMG_8685.JPG

Chicken nachos all around!
IMG_4527.PNG

(Before a visit to the infamous toppings bar. We did not notice any food cheaters this visit.)

Our third FP was for Pirates but it was down and we received a wild card FP. I was able to book a 4th FP for later tonight.

Em had a hankering for Auntie Gravity's so we made our way to Tomorrowland.

Another one for ya, @Longers!
IMG_4498.JPG

Root beer float, chocolate caramel sundae and chocolate cup. You get to do the matching! ;)

A beautiful afternoon for a Peoplemover ride.
IMG_4499.JPG

Beautiful yes.....but also HOT.
Anyone ready for a swim? We were. :cool:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Unfortunately the interactive ending on this and HM were both still down this week. Makes me wonder if it's something they're putting an end to
It's been hit or miss on both rides for us recently.

But, but . . . I often go in the single rider line on many of the rides. I hope the other person in the 2nd seat isn't feeling awkward, because I'm sitting there? :( (And no, the big guy in the photo is not me--wrong gender, and he's much bigger than I am!)
No, dear @MinnieM123, you would never make anyone feel awkward! :happy:
"Awkward" has become a family joke since the pushy woman shoved herself into Em's seat on Spaceship Earth.

Songbird76

Time for our next FP.

View attachment 216744

For you @Longers!
View attachment 216745

View attachment 216746

View attachment 216751
(Before a visit to the infamous toppings bar. We did not notice any food cheaters this visit.)

Our third FP was for Pirates but it was down and we received a wild card FP. I was able to book a 4th FP for later tonight.

View attachment 216748
Root beer float, chocolate caramel sundae and chocolate cup. You get to do the matching! ;)

View attachment 216749

What are food cheaters?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
What are food cheaters?

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/its-two-two-two-trips-in-one-completed.927136/

This post from my May trip report explains my "food cheaters" comment:

We decided on Pecos Bills for lunch. I really like their chicken nachos and the 20% AP discount makes it even more attractive to dine there.

Woody ordered a burger, a decision he ended up regretting (over-cooked patty and stale bun). When I offered him the remaining half of my nachos he really regretted his burger decision....he discovered just how yummy the chicken nachos are!

As we ate, we watched a robbery occur before our very eyes. Not a gun-toting one like you'd find in the Wild West but a robbery just the same. And the thieves did not wear black hats or bandanna face masks. Mom and Dad wore Mickey shirts and ears.

A family of seven ~ Dad, Mom, 4 kids and a baby ~ plopped themselves down at two tables beside us, kids at one table, parents at another and baby in a stroller. Dad left while Mom reached into the giant stroller bag and handed out Lunchables** to the 4 kids. Dad returned with 6 small "free" cups of water that Disney provides on request. Mom pulled out two containers of what looked to be salad, one for her and one for Dad. Then Mom and Dad each took a turn at the toppings bar, filling up three containers of fixins which they dumped on their salads.

Yes, Disney allows food to be brought into the park. But that food should not be consumed at tables designed for paying customers ~ just as the food at the toppings bar is for paying customers. Pecos Bills is a business, not a free-for-all. This family stole two tables and food. And their behavior taught their children that this is okay.

Songbird76

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/its-two-two-two-trips-in-one-completed.927136/

We decided on Pecos Bills for lunch. I really like their chicken nachos and the 20% AP discount makes it even more attractive to dine there.

Woody ordered a burger, a decision he ended up regretting (over-cooked patty and stale bun). When I offered him the remaining half of my nachos he really regretted his burger decision....he discovered just how yummy the chicken nachos are!

As we ate, we watched a robbery occur before our very eyes. Not a gun-toting one like you'd find in the Wild West but a robbery just the same. And the thieves did not wear black hats or bandanna face masks. Mom and Dad wore Mickey shirts and ears.

A family of seven ~ Dad, Mom, 4 kids and a baby ~ plopped themselves down at two tables beside us, kids at one table, parents at another and baby in a stroller. Dad left while Mom reached into the giant stroller bag and handed out Lunchables** to the 4 kids. Dad returned with 6 small "free" cups of water that Disney provides on request. Mom pulled out two containers of what looked to be salad, one for her and one for Dad. Then Mom and Dad each took a turn at the toppings bar, filling up three containers of fixins which they dumped on their salads.

Yes, Disney allows food to be brought into the park. But that food should not be consumed at tables designed for paying customers ~ just as the food at the toppings bar is for paying customers. Pecos Bills is a business, not a free-for-all. This family stole two tables and food. And their behavior taught their children that this is okay.
Well that is appalling!! I felt bad asking for just water, so we always ordered at least drinks and then asked for water besides. I can't believe people do this!

amjt660

Premium Member

I have been known to steal a table but not "fixens"
Put me down for a guilty plea to a misdemeanour charge of petty theft
No felony grand larceny for this dude

Max

Longers

Time for our next FP.

View attachment 216744

For you @Longers!
View attachment 216745

View attachment 216746

View attachment 216751

View attachment 216748

View attachment 216749

I used to think I like you .... but BTMRR and ice cream in the same post - your killing me!
I've lost count of how many times you've ridden and eaten ice cream since I was last in the world.......I won't even match it in November . I really need someone who lives in America (better still Florida) to adopt me. :) I'd make a great sister, daughter, mum, nan - I'll take anything to spend more time there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom