Mission:Space update (confirmed)

Dizney Crew

Does anyone know what the height requirement is going to be when this re-opens? I know they said the Green mission was supposed to be kid friendly, curios if they lower the rider height.

S 2

Neon blue curves behind the sharp white lines of SM is a contrast, and one that stays w the theme of tommorrowland. I appreciate the effort you put into your post but you seem to describe a tron ride being put into frontierland. I think it will be a nice update, I don't think Disney is gonna suddenly halfass a ride and what I'm especially pleased w is seeing tommorrowland in the forefront of both space mountain and now the new tron ride looming in the background!

That would certainly put a new spin on Cranium Command and Body Wars.

Not really relevant to the discussion of Mission:Space but I need to vent a moment regarding Tomorrowland as your post brings up a point.

Contrast = failure. A land's theme shouldn't have contrast. It should be unified and complementary. SM:Tron will be a mishmash of concepts with only the colors white and blue unifying them. It's weak overlay and out of character. Tron = Tech Modern; the rest of the Tommorowland is Retro Futuristic! Those two themes don't mesh all that well. They can but it'll take effort. Effort that I'm not seeing in the concept art. I get the impression that Tommorowland is slowly suffering from an identity crisis. It doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up.

The issue of there being a coaster within sneezing distance of another coaster is certainly a problem; foot-traffic and flow is unbalanced. But the mismatched themes of SM and Tron IMO are a more serious error; considering the "Disney Difference' is a pride in quality and attention to detail.

Tommorowland needs help. And while I think Tron is a good attraction it doesn't quite fit. It's a square peg in a round hole. Tommorowland was Space travel and Future. Tron is Tech World. This "Contrast" makes as much logical sense as Adventureland's Aladdin Spinner.

Disney needs to do more than just slap a clone of a ride down and call it day. It'll be nice to look at but I'm still hoping for a more cohesive aesthetic for Tomorrowland.

Biff215

Does anyone know what the height requirement is going to be when this re-opens? I know they said the Green mission was supposed to be kid friendly, curios if they lower the rider height.
Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but I'd be surprised if it changes, since it will likely use the same restraints. Kind of like how SGE has a height requirement. It would also complicate things for CM's, as some jump between the lines. I can't think of another attraction that has different height requirements, although this will be unique. I'm also interested to know, my son is currently about 43". ;)

HMF

An indoor rollercoaster next to an indoor rollercoaster. This is a colossal expense that could have been better spent elsewhere.

In isolation it's a great plan. In the wider context? Not so clever. Imho.
To be fair ,Martin wouldn't it take the pressure off of Space Mountain so it could get the refurbishment it badly needs. My only gripe is it should have gone into Epcot instead of GOTG. P.S. I am currently on holiday in the U.K. and having a great time.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
To be fair ,Martin wouldn't it take the pressure off of Space Mountain so it could get the refurbishment it badly needs. My only gripe is it should have gone into Epcot instead of GOTG. P.S. I am currently on holiday in the U.K. and having a great time.
My concern is Space Mountain in ten years or so time. If it gets the refurb it needs and comes back as new then of course that'd be wonderful.

WDWFREAK53

That would certainly put a new spin on Cranium Command and Body Wars.

Not really relevant to the discussion of Mission:Space but I need to vent a moment regarding Tomorrowland as your post brings up a point.

Contrast = failure. A land's theme shouldn't have contrast. It should be unified and complementary. SM:Tron will be a mishmash of concepts with only the colors white and blue unifying them. It's weak overlay and out of character. Tron = Tech Modern; the rest of the Tommorowland is Retro Futuristic! Those two themes don't mesh all that well. They can but it'll take effort. Effort that I'm not seeing in the concept art. I get the impression that Tommorowland is slowly suffering from an identity crisis. It doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up.

The issue of there being a coaster within sneezing distance of another coaster is certainly a problem; foot-traffic and flow is unbalanced. But the mismatched themes of SM and Tron IMO are a more serious error; considering the "Disney Difference' is a pride in quality and attention to detail.

Tommorowland needs help. And while I think Tron is a good attraction it doesn't quite fit. It's a square peg in a round hole. Tommorowland was Space travel and Future. Tron is Tech World. This "Contrast" makes as much logical sense as Adventureland's Aladdin Spinner.

Disney needs to do more than just slap a clone of a ride down and call it day. It'll be nice to look at but I'm still hoping for a more cohesive aesthetic for Tomorrowland.

The theme of Space Travel and future went out the window with Buzz Lightyear and Monsters, Inc.
The new "theme" was about Sci-Fi. Tron is definitely more "Science Fiction" than either of the other two I just mentioned.

trainplane3

I'm cautiously optimistic but as we've learnt, nothing is sacred.
That'd be disappointing if they keep SM going in its current condition for another 10 years. It's still fun, but the safety side of it is actually concerning me. Especially with WDW's questionable maintenance of various things. Then again, I haven't seen many complaints about the Matterhorn. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Kman101

I'm cautiously optimistic but as we've learnt, nothing is sacred.

I agree it could be a bit cause for concern but I don't know that one equals the other (TRON = demo of Space Mountain). What would go in the dome? I'd prefer money to go elsewhere too but what's done is done. I don't see why folks now need to panic about SM unless you know for sure what will happen. What would make you happy in terms of plans and what they do to the parks? I feel like you don't ever like anything they do and that makes me sad because I value your opinion on all of these things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom