The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Our schools adopted it for a couple years. So many parents complained, they went back to the traditional calendar.
Around here, I honestly have not seen as many neighborhood schools as in this area. Some are no more then a half mile apart. That said, not all are year round, although the rumor is that eventually they will be. The choices you have now is use the school closest to you. If you don't like the year round setup then the job of taking your child to an alternative school is all yours. You can take them, but, no free busing. Between the regular schools, the year round schools and the Magnet Schools there are plenty of choices. BTW, Magnet schools can be regular or year round.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Recommending not to take your younger kids to Epcot...that's about stupid. Kidcot stations in every country, Turtle Talk, Figment interactive area, SSE interactive area, P&F interactive game, splash pad play area, M&Gs galore....yep, nothing to do. :facepalm:

Oh we're still going! But my point was that the Frozen sisters, Nemo, and the other princesses, and the Cars playground were the reason we chose to go to the park.

MySmallWorldof4

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@MinnieM123 We have seen a lot of these driving around.
View attachment 216352 View attachment 216353

I'm struggling with this one. I love the design of the cars. I despise that it's another premium option for sale. My thought is that the more that people start to buy rides in these cars, or buy that special park to park express bus service, etc., the more WDW will eventually cut back on the "free" transportation like the buses, boats and monorail.

Speaking for myself only, I scrape together money every year to go to WDW for 4-5 days. It's expensive enough as it is, and I don't even do table service meals. One of the main perks about going there is that you don't have to get a car. You can let them do all the driving to different places on property, and as long as you can deal with (sometimes) longer waits, you're really all set. No upcharge. It may not be a perfect system, but it works for me (except for the water parks new bus system, with connections--epic failure :banghead: ).

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh we're still going! But my point was that the Frozen sisters, Nemo, and the other princesses, and the Cars playground were the reason we chose to go to the park.

Glad you're going to EPCOT. Wish you could have seen it years ago when it was in it's full glory. It's still fun now though--especially, if it's your first visit. I see families with kids of all ages going there, and it sure looks like they're all having a good time.

donaldtoo

I wish we had Sonics closer, they are in Illinois but not close. I like their burgers and hush puppies but my overall favorite is they Cherry-Limeade. Especially during their Happy Hour.

Yep, I've never had a bad meal from sonic.
And, I can still remember the first time I ever had a cherry-limeade slush...OH MY!!!!!!! :joyfull: :hungry:
Easily one of the best non-alcoholic drinks I've ever had in my life...!!!!! :)

donaldtoo

Congratulations!!
most-awesome-awards.jpg

Hahaaa...!!!!! :hilarious:
Thanks, Minnie!!! :)
I'll take it...!!!!!!! :joyfull: :)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I'm struggling with this one. I love the design of the cars. I despise that it's another premium option for sale. My thought is that the more that people start to buy rides in these cars, or buy that special park to park express bus service, etc., the more WDW will eventually cut back on the "free" transportation like the buses, boats and monorail.

Speaking for myself only, I scrape together money every year to go to WDW for 4-5 days. It's expensive enough as it is, and I don't even do table service meals. One of the main perks about going there is that you don't have to get a car. You can let them do all the driving to different places on property, and as long as you can deal with (sometimes) longer waits, you're really all set. No upcharge. It may not be a perfect system, but it works for me (except for the water parks new bus system, with connections--epic failure :banghead: ).

I read that they'll charge by the trip, not passenger. The taxis do that near military posts and we used to cram as many bodies as legally possible into them (and sometimes more). If it's just you and your family in a Minnie van, it would be $20 (which I'd gladly pay at the end of the fireworks to avoid a two hour wait for the bus with a toddler who's already up two hours past bedtime), but if you grabbed another family or two too come with you, your price would go down.

I don't know if the pay by the trip thing is accurate. I guess we'll see. I'm just exited they'll be on standby with car seats!

Goofyernmost

You don't need to worry about that. It is just an extra for those that are willing to pay for it. The buses will have to run the same numbers and the same schedule. It will not affect that at all. The numbers are not going to be that huge and what would be achieved by adding that many more vehicles to the already crowded roads in WDW. People that will regularly hire that vehicle when then can get a free ride are experiencing Gods way of telling them they have to much money. The plus side is that the buses will be slightly less crowded, so you will have that going for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom