The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

When the kiddos were younger we actually used it quite often every year. It keeps the front of the house nice and toasty.
We had some really chilly (for us) winters back then.
For about the last decade our winters have been pretty mild, so that is probably about how long ago we used it. There are enough cold nights here and there to motivate others, but, I just don't feel the need to crank it up for only a few times per winter.
I used to call a sweep out every 2 years when we used it. I'm sure the flue would need a thorough cleaning at this point. Wouldn't be worth it, to us anyway, to do that now.
Maybe that will change down the road, we'll see. More good memories...! :)

Funny thing is, I can't remember the last time at the firm we designed a house without a fireplace, many with several.
Also, outdoor fireplaces/pits/features are definitely popular here, too.
A couple of our designs... :)

View attachment 215678
View attachment 215679
I want to live there...Love the pool too!

MOXOMUMD

Toy Story is going to open next summer, SW land 2019 California ours is supposedly a few months behind:cautious:, permits already filed for the rat, I heard the following rumors(my in box had a few sent from a friend who follows such matters, same friend who never seems to link anything:mad:) Riviera aprox 2-2 1/2 years, SW hotel with the land(don't believe that one), and the rest who knows. I have a bit of hope for the space restaurant getting done quickly, just speculation but the company that is going to run it seems to be on the ball for getting things done.
Marni said MMRR open in 2019.

betty rose

Studies have shown that the summer break is so long that kids who love in homes that do not continue to do educational activities (hiking, camping, museums, etc.) Lose a lot of educational progress over the summer.

The kids still get a summer break in year round schools, it's just shorter. But they also get more breaks around the school year to keep them from burning out.
Our grandson's loved the year round school. For just the reason's you stated.

MOXOMUMD

There's zero information about any of that on the web. I've looked at every single attraction on the Disney website. I've searched blog posts and forums and read a half decades worth of posts on Disney with Kids. Most of it recommends against taking your kids to Epcot at all until they're much older because they'll get bored because there's nothing for them to do.

Also, we have annual passes to the children's science museum, the zoo, and the arboretum. And we're surrounded by state parks and the children's history museum is free on Sundays. We're certainly able to visit those places much more than we can make the trek to Disney World.

I think more IPs would be great coupled with their countries, not in replacement of. I like that kids can meet Jasmine and Aladdin and then learn about Morocco all in the same place.
Recommending not to take your younger kids to Epcot...that's about stupid. Kidcot stations in every country, Turtle Talk, Figment interactive area, SSE interactive area, P&F interactive game, splash pad play area, M&Gs galore....yep, nothing to do. :facepalm:

MySmallWorldof4

Yesterday was oldest dd's sweet 16. I paid for an upcharge event. :jawdrop: It was early morning magic. Knowing it was prime vacation time I knew the parks would be massively crowded so thought it would be a good idea. Here were the crowds.
IMG_2132.JPG IMG_2134.JPG
The breakfast was a nice buffet. Hot foods, fruits, pastries, juices, etc. No waffles though. We got to go on 7dmt 4 times straight. You didn't have to go on the regular queue. They opened a rope by the exit so you could just hop right back on. Did Peter Pan and the carousel. After Peter Pan and with 5 minutes left of EMM we ran back to 7dmt to hop on before the rush. Here is what Fantasyland looked like at 9am.
IMG_2136.JPG
Lots of groups. Hoards of people. We had to get out by 11. It was no longer pleasant.
The best part was at Pinocchio's Village house for breakfast. It was just my family and another in there eating. The CM's saw dd's bday pin. None could believe she was 16. She looks very young. They brought out a special dessert and sang happy birthday to her. Made dh and I tear up. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom