Epcot's New Future World Concept Art

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Looking at a better version of the new concept art is very relaxing looking and things that really need some talking about....We can see some things in this that may or may happen eventually..
epcot-future-world-concept-art-d23-expo-230.jpg

Some things I've noticed...
  • Leave a Legacy is gone!
  • The Innoventions Canopy is GONE FOREVER! YAY! and adding more trees
  • Innoventions, Epcot Fun Spot, Electric Umbrella, Coca Cola Cool Zone, Mouse Gears are all removed changing to a forest-like appearance.
  • Fountainview is now a Stand alone area
  • Fountain of Nations is removed
  • There seems to be More Water in Future world with new Fountains similar to Bellagio in Las Vegas (Probably for Illuminations 3.0)
The Pavilions
  • The Wonders of Life building is still there including the Cranium Command Theater....But more lights glowing on it...and yet, still no news on what is happening with it...
  • M:S Shows no visual of where the Restaurant will be..
  • TT, The Land, & Imagination are not even seen in the new art..
Of course will see drastic changes to the concept art similar to when New Fantasyland opened but, is there anything else?

yoda_5729

Based on some of the videos I've seen on youtube, where they discuss this at the expo, the image they showed onstage was a bit further zoomed out, and the Imagination Pyramid was in the bottom corner, and land was in it's corresponding location. I would miss the fountain and the Innoventions buildings, as I always liked walking through the walkways and the buildings were unique. I still remember back when they had the two story gift shop in them.

Surfin' Tuna

There are a lot of possible changes to read into this. I'll miss thematic change that goes with removal of Fountain of Nations, and I'm having a hard time swallowing GotG going in there. These are worthwhile sacrifices knowing that Leave a Legacy is leaving. What Derrit said about the theming of the two sides makes sense with how they're going and the concept art. It's not terribly far from the original idea, if we are going with a space is the future approach. It does seem as if they are moving further and further from the original edutainment idea of Epcot Center, and that bums me out. I realize it's not their job to educate kids, but it can't hurt. If we had a kitchen kabaret today maybe some of the kids would be healthier.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I had mentioned on the expo post that it does have some similarity with the adding of trees just like the Project Gemini concept art..
gemini.jpg

yoda_5729

There are a lot of possible changes to read into this. I'll miss thematic change that goes with removal of Fountain of Nations, and I'm having a hard time swallowing GotG going in there. These are worthwhile sacrifices knowing that Leave a Legacy is leaving. What Derrit said about the theming of the two sides makes sense with how they're going and the concept art. It's not terribly far from the original idea, if we are going with a space is the future approach. It does seem as if they are moving further and further from the original edutainment idea of Epcot Center, and that bums me out. I realize it's not their job to educate kids, but it can't hurt. If we had a kitchen kabaret today maybe some of the kids would be healthier.

I am seeing less and less of the edutainment produced in Disney World. Though animal Kingdom is pretty good at it, Epcot, that was always very prevalent. Though the imagineers are in the job of making entertaining and exciting attractions, Walt Disney the man, and his brand often focused on education as well as entertainment. I don't think a ton of people look at Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln as being excitingly entertaining. many of his Wonderful World of Disney programs focused on educational content as well as entertainment. I think it's important the powers that be, realize that.

raven

And this Blue Sky rendering also shows the pavilions closer together than what they actually are in reality. I wouldn't read into it too much.

But I would love to see the monorail track glow like that in Future World!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

It's worth noting this is still blue sky. There's a chance it's the direction they're going with (disconnected small buildings) but nothing is definite yet.
Is it just me or is that fountain of nations sitting alone in greenery? I thought it would be removed but it's distorted in almost every concept art ever made.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

The fountain of nations looks the same as it did in Epcots original concept art. What is nice is that the fountain has its nice own little hub area with greenery and surrounding ponds once again. Hopefully it will still dance, those newer fountain in the concept might steel the show.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 69

drwadadli

Looking at a better version of the new concept art is very relaxing looking and things that really need some talking about....We can see some things in this that may or may happen eventually..
epcot-future-world-concept-art-d23-expo-230.jpg

Some things I've noticed...
  • Leave a Legacy is gone!
  • The Innoventions Canopy is GONE FOREVER! YAY! and adding more trees
  • Innoventions, Epcot Fun Spot, Electric Umbrella, Coca Cola Cool Zone, Mouse Gears are all removed changing to a forest-like appearance.
  • Fountainview is now a Stand alone area
  • Fountain of Nations is removed
  • There seems to be More Water in Future world with new Fountains similar to Bellagio in Las Vegas (Probably for Illuminations 3.0)
The Pavilions
  • The Wonders of Life building is still there including the Cranium Command Theater....But more lights glowing on it...and yet, still no news on what is happening with it...
  • M:S Shows no visual of where the Restaurant will be..
  • TT, The Land, & Imagination are not even seen in the new art..
Of course will see drastic changes to the concept art similar to when New Fantasyland opened but, is there anything else?
Nice picture!!

As far as TT, you can still make the slight curve building just to the right of M:S and imagination is in the bottom left hand corner. As for The Land, the picture doesn't extend that far out so it doesn't mean it is gone.

If you had posted the entire picture, you would have noticed that the TT, The Land, and Imagination are still present.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...oncept-art-for-new-central-spine-of-epcot.htm

Last edited:

jaques21

I think this is great! I see the potential in Epcot again. Yes, we will lose some beloved rides/pavilions but Disney needs to make money and keep attracting people and families, they cant rely on us diehard fans/AP holders alone. I think Disney learned from the Fantasy Land Expansion and they want to make sure any new lands or pavilions aren't lacking or missing something (adding mine train and rushing it.) looks awesome cant wait!

jaklgreen

This is stupid. They never make things look anything like their "concept" art. I don't know why they make such drastic changes in the art work that will never happen.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

No announcement is for Journey into Imagination actually brings some hope, just like no announcement for a light parade does, brings some home for upcoming anniversaries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom