Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

njDizFan

TRON isn't our vision of the future from 35 years ago?

At least they'll be better thematic neighbors than Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear.
What I was trying to say is the 2 rides together will lack cohesion both thematically and aesthetically.

Although TL in general is a thematic mish mosh

Kamikaze

Islands alone has more proper thrill rides than all three of the newer Disney parks put together. This is a big advantage for attracting kids older than 8.

I would say WDW contains only 3 attractions that would be considered 'thrill' rides in this day and age - ToT, RnRC, and maybe Everest.

The other coasters are fine, but I'd hardly consider them thrilling now.

jaxonp

If Tron is going where it is going, there is noway the Speedway will stay in its current form, if that is the route they go. Tron is super futuristic looking and the Speedway is the oldest, out of date looking attraction at WDW. It's gotta go... trust me, we will all breath better! Now if they find a way to put a new type of speedway, all tron'd out that are electric, quiet, with amazing led lighting on the cars and route, then we might have ourselves a game changer.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If Tron is going where it is going, there is noway the Speedway will stay in its current form, if that is the route they go. Tron is super futuristic looking and the Speedway is the oldest, out of date looking attraction at WDW. It's gotta go... trust me, we will all breath better! Now if they find a way to put a new type of speedway, all tron'd out that are electric, quiet, with amazing led lighting on the cars and route, then we might have ourselves a game changer.
The speedway won't stay in its current form.

There is a plan and they'll probably run with it.

cynic710

The speedway won't stay in its current form.

There is a plan and they'll probably run with it.

Thats where I was leaning in regards to the speedway. between a rethinking of sorts with the overall look and maybe new vehicles? either way this is very exciting, moreover im looking forward to the new overall look of TL. To me the second level of shanghai tron looks like its taken right out of Xandar in GotG and could totally pull off that look...

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Concept_Art_OP_14_xandar_mall_concept_001.jpg

21stamps

Thats where I was leaning in regards to the speedway. between a rethinking of sorts with the overall look and maybe new vehicles? either way this is very exciting, moreover im looking forward to the new overall look of TL. To me the second level of shanghai tron looks like its taken right out of Xandar in GotG and could totally pull off that look...

That photo is at Shanghai?

ABQ

Though it also looks quite a bit like the City of Arts and Sciences in Valenica, Spain which was inspiration for the cityscape in the Tomorrowland movie.
city-of-arts-and-sciences-valencia.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom