Wilderness Lodge Roaring Forks

Jahona

scaled.php

Hey guys, how about we drop the petty attacks and back and forth banter and get back on the topic at hand shall we?

Do we have an update on when Roaring Fork(s) is supposed to be open again?
As of today I've not seen any signs when Roaring Fork will reopen. Although they did just start to remove scrims and walls from the south wing opening it back up. Work is slowly starting to wrap up around Wilderness Lodge.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I haven't been since the Roaring Fork construction.. but I did order room service while there. They have a good breakfast selection.. including bagels, continental breakfast, etc.

Oh, and Territory Lounge has a great coffee selection in the morning!
We LOVE the breakfasts in RF. Big enough to split two ways, if someone grabs a pastry.

ToTBellHop

We had the bananas foster waffles. They were great! And huge portions!
I wonder if they will take this refurb as an excuse to update the menu. I hope not.

On the other hand, if they can think of a way to improve guest flow, I'd be in favor of that. Some days they are SO SLOW at Roaring Fork.

Jahona

I wonder if they will take this refurb as an excuse to update the menu. I hope not.

On the other hand, if they can think of a way to improve guest flow, I'd be in favor of that. Some days they are SO SLOW at Roaring Fork.

I'm curious as well. My first stay at Wilderness Lodge is coming up this September and I've been following the construction updates pretty heavily to see how much will be done by the time I say.

I had read that not to long ago they changed Roaring Fork from other similar quick service locations with three counters to just one and they bring the food to the table. When it reopens I wonder if it's going to be the same or changed again.

nickys

Premium Member
The only information I can find is that Copper Creek villas are opening July 17th. Now if it was me in charge, ;), I would want all refurb work to be completed by then, with maybe just cosmetic landscaping etc. still left.

I'd be surprised if RF wasn't ready by then. I mean, how long can it take to redo a QS restaurant? Shhhh, no one mention Flame Tree!

Jahona

Erik Law posted these in response to Humphrey's Unofficial WL facebook page. Construction door was open and he got a quick shot inside. Can't really see to much but I would think that by July 17th to reopen seems like a fair date.

18892983_10212549784555305_3831221934705047791_n.jpg

18813232_10212549790475453_2768993587335620973_n.jpg

ToTBellHop

Both the new pool and refurbished Roaring Fork open in July. Roaring Fork will have the new outdoor seating we know of, but also new digital menu display screens, repositioned check-out area to improve guest flow, and new reach-in coolers.

21stamps

Both the new pool and refurbished Roaring Fork open in July. Roaring Fork will have the new outdoor seating we know of, but also new digital menu display screens, repositioned check-out area to improve guest flow, and new reach-in coolers.

I didn't know what the construction below was for, The photo was taken from our balcony. Is this where the outside seating will be?
IMG_0060.jpg

wwmmd

I love their Chocolate Lovers Waffles. So, so yummy. I think about them often and may have recreated a version at my house.

Weather_Lady

No more beef 'n bleu sandwich? (I see it on the Disney website menu for RF, but not the photos of the new RF menu.) Color me sad. That sandwich was one of the tastiest things I've ever had on property.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom