The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

So.. just seen a video shared on facebook.. about a chinese mafia group making fake (very similar) shrimp made of plastic, algae and other chemicals. The product looks very similar.
Now add in to the equation the fish substitutes and even fake rice that is actually plastic and is highly toxic...
yikes.. :|

*edit*
Just notice other videos that the factory is not in china but in Vietnam.

Figgy1

Premium Member
So.. just seen a video shared on facebook.. about a chinese mafia group making fake (very similar) shrimp made of plastic, algae and other chemicals. The product looks very similar.
Now add in to the equation the fish substitutes and even fake rice that is actually plastic and is highly toxic...
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and:hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover: I'm glad there's no shellfish allowed in my house and I'm not as upset about paying for carefully sourced rice

betty rose

Doctors are slow to prescribe anything here...the general view is that it's best if the body can do the work itself, which I agree with, but at what point do you say "Ok, it's not managing on its own, we'll help it along with some meds"? Last time we went to the doctor with DS because of stomach aches related to stress, he said to make sure he gets fiber and try to avoid stress. When I asked him how I was supposed to avoid stress with a kid who gets stressed if people walk up the stairs in the wrong order, he referred us to a Psychologist. Since we're now waiting for the funding for help, I have no one to really call at the moment. We're going to visit Opa tonight.
I apparently translated incorrectly...or I guess I didn't really understand what it was. I think it's a brain Hemorrhage, not an aneurysm...it's a slow bleed of the vessels in his brain. So it caused stroke-like symptoms and seizures, but it doesn't sound like they can go in and fix it. He's having major headaches at the moment.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope he gets better soon. Sympathy for your son too. When it rains it pours. Pixie dust, and hugs....

betty rose

*edit*
Just notice other videos that the factory is not in china but in Vietnam.
What is fake rice?

betty rose

rice made with plastics and silicone, it looks exactly like rice, just less transparent. but becomes like gum (squishy) when cooked.
Very toxic and prompted recalls everywhere.
There was an alert in my country because some companies were actually COMBINING the real rice with the fake one.
Thanks, @Cesar R I don't know if we have that here. I would hope not, I love rice.

betty rose

So my FIL took a turn for the worse. He got another bleed last night and he's in a lot of pain, so they have him pumped full of pain meds. His speech is not as clear as it was yesterday and he's not allowed to get out of bed. His right side is really weak. So more prayers and pixie dust, please.
I was hoping for good news. Sending more pixie dust and prayers your way.

Cesar R M

Thanks, @Cesar R I don't know if we have that here. I would hope not, I love rice.
Who knows, because that thing was exported worldwide. Africa got shipments and had to be removed from all the country areas (Even some claimed that people were dying or getting poisoned).
Latin America started to get them as well a few months later.

I'm not sure if the operation was terminated by Chinese authorities, but a they said in the news that up to 10 tons of the fake rice was sold worldwide.

But then, snopes claims this issue was unproven. As it seems to resurface as different claims appear (like WAX lettuces, but those lettuces are usually used for exhibition and not consumption in places like Japan. in fact, the lettuce you see in most ads are infact WAX based )

http://www.snopes.com/plastic-rice-from-china/

betty rose

Public Service: (if not already on here)

Puppy Dog rawhide recall expanded
http://stevedalepetworld.com/expanded-rawhide-recall/

200w.webp
I love this. So funny. He has no depth perception, like me.;)

Goofyernmost

We all do what we have to do. Get that.

I lived in a community for a while with well water that had a factory that produced agent orange. I'd pay for the bottled water to just know it was tap water from somewhere else.
We probably had Agent Orange in our water directly... maybe why it was yellowish. I said it wasn't an endorsement, just a real situation and how the event turned out... at least so far.

93boomer

Premium Member
Hi, I'm back... lots of things going on, the boy's were sick, and so was I. It was a two and one half week virus. It hit all over the body. I'm feeling much better, but far from well. Mine went into a bacterial bronchitis infection. This has happened the last two trips. We are going to try one more. But we may have to be out for Disney. Or we only do things outside of the park. That's okay, for me. I'm feeling my age more and more. Now, I'm more rested, and don't feel horrible. Other things are going on with the family, so it's been double stress. Hubby planned a trip to the mountains, we drive, and spend 4th of July, resting. We will go to the Rocky Mountain Park, and sit in the amphitheater to watch for animals, and the afternoon thunderstorms. We may stay for the campfire program, or maybe not. It may be too much smoke or we can sit in the back. They are lots of fun, usually informative about the park. Sorry, I haven't been on for so long....I spent a lot of time visiting Mary Jane (bathroom). Or being sick to my stomach....then the cough that kept me up all night. I'm glad to be back on, and a big hello to everyone, from me. I see I have a lot of catch up to do. As hubby says....all in good time.
So glad you are getting better!! I missed you. Take it slow and easy. Ohh Rocky Mtn park will be a treat. Tell him to take lots of pictures!

Songbird76

I hope he improves.
A bath for you sounds like a good idea. You have to make sure to have time to take care of you, too!
We ended up going out for dinner at a snack place near our house. Neither of us wanted to cook and nothing sounded good enough to attempt. I took a bath and it refreshed me a lot. I'm still tired, but I don't feel like I'm made of lead.

Songbird76

Take out, hugs, prayers and pixie dust xoxo
Thank you! I'm thinking I MIGHT be coming down with something...I think I'm getting a fever blister and I only get them when I have been exposed to a lot of sun, which it's been cloudy here the past couple of days, or when I'm pregnant, which I am definitely not, or when I actually get a fever or am overly stressed. It COULD be stress, but with the achy joints, being sooooo tired...I'm thinking probably a bug.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom