Trip Report Pop & Hop, Snack & Shop, Graduation Celebration - Sept 2016

We arrived home late last night and as usual, we are all in Disney depression mode. Seriously, the return to reality is so hard!

It was an AWESOME trip. However not without a few hiccups. Let’s just say that the name of my Trip Report could easily have been, “I Almost Killed My Husband In The Happiest Place On Earth” or… “”Did The Ride Just Stop?” or… “Bathrooms Around The World”

Needless to say that Disney Magic outshines small issues – even my husband’s behavior that almost landed him in Cinderella’s moat more than once.

Warning: I have some commitments over the next few weeks, so I’m not sure how much updating I will be able to do. But I wanted to start writing before my memory and notes start to fade away. Besides, I’m so sad – it helps to re-live it! Lol

For those of you who don’t know us – our cast of characters:

Me – Mary

IMG_8890.JPG

Ross – My hubby who drove me INSANE throughout our trip.

IMG_0348.JPG

Julia (14)

IMG_0480.JPG

Hope (7 with Autism & Sensory issues)

IMG_0286.JPG

What I didn’t mention in my Pre-Trip Report is that we were celebrating the fact that Julia is starting 9th grade this year. As homeschoolers, we have never acknowledged graduations or moving up ceremonies. So since my sweet girl is starting high school, I figured she deserved a Disney Celebration, so I had that put on our reservation.

Since Ross agreed to family shirts, I had my friend make them for us. Julia was surprised and really happy!

IMG_0552.JPG

So if you are ready to join in the fun & craziness… welcome aboard!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Another fan here of the Hope and MIckey video!! That has got to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Hope looked so happy and excited. That's a classic video that your family will treasure for years to come.

Thanks so much -it was a very special moment for us. Of course I accidentally deleted the video from my computer as I was posting. :banghead: Good thing it's still on my phone (and YouTube)!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
The video of Hope and Mickey dancing is PRICELESS. A special memory that I'm sure you'll smile back on forever. :) She has come so far since when I first started reading your reports. Major kudos to you and Ross for always challenging her and pushing her to new heights.. She really is a sweet little girl. :)

Thanks so much - your comments mean a lot to us!! She has come a long way... and of course that Disney Magic just helps us all. Perhaps one day our paths will cross at Disney - just keep thinking "guest room". lol

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Okay guys... I'm trying not to abandoned the boards again, but I have to take Julia to a workshop/class this week and we leave at the crack of dawn Tuesday. Which means we have to pack tomorrow! (I have a procrastination gene in me.) I am going as a chaperone because that meant she was charged half price. So I am going to post as much as possible tonight and tomorrow and then I might not be back for a week!

Day 10 Continued...

We exited Monsters and headed over to Haunted Mansion.

thumb_IMG_1878_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1880_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1891_1024.jpg

Another FP we were really looking forward to was Jungle Cruise.

thumb_IMG_1903_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1907_1024.jpg

Just like our safari at AK, our water safari would also have drama. There was a large group/family boarding with us that I guess couldn’t understand English – so they didn’t listen to the boarding instructions. They started climbing over the middle section of the boat to get to seats they wanted instead of going to where they were directed. One woman tripped and almost went over the side of the boat! While the CM’s tried to gain back order and tell them not to climb, it was pointless. No one was listening to them. It was so crazy that the CM’s actually stopped boarding our boat, leaving us almost by ourselves in the back. As the cruise started, the family would not stop talking! I mean they talked over the skipper. I felt bad for her – although we were interested her jokes – she was drowned out. So she just gave up which was disappointing because that’s half the fun of Jungle Cruise.

thumb_IMG_1920_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1923_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1914_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1913_1024.jpg

Figment Forever

Original Poster

When we disembarked our boat, we walked over to get some cool refreshments – as IT WAS HOT!! What did we get? It should be no surprise! Unfortunately, Hope only wanted vanilla so she patiently watched us eat ours and we would get her some in a little bit. I had apple juice and a fruit cup that she had while we indulged on our Dole Whips.

thumb_IMG_1927_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1928_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1929_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1931_1024.jpg

When we finished, I had a brainstorm to watch the Tiki birds. We hadn’t been there since Julia was probably 8 and I really have fond memories of the show – plus it’s in AC. Did I mention it was HOT today?

thumb_IMG_1934_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1935_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1933_1024.jpg

Unfortunately, the drama from the Jungle Cruise followed us to the bird house. Different people – but seriously, they talked throughout the entire show!! To make matters worse, the show didn’t really do it for me - or anyone else. I guess my memories will have to suffice because I would not be in a hurry to return.

Figment Forever

Original Poster

I’m happy to say we had a “quiet” hoedown with our bear friends...

thumb_IMG_1939_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1941_1024.jpg

...but we would meet up with even more chatty friends when we boarded the happiest cruise that sailed.

thumb_IMG_1945_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1948_1024.jpg

Yep – the whole time the family in front of us would not stop talking. Apparently, one guy wasn’t even happy talking to his family because he was talking on his phone the whole time! I was proud of Ross for not “getting involved”, but he was upset.

As our boat was getting to the end, you know the part where the boats “bump” into each other? Well, one woman in our boat was a little on the heavy side – and when our boat bumped the other boat, she thought it was tipping over. She screamed, “I’m tipping the boat over!” and jumped up. Thankfully, she sat right back down. We tried so hard not to laugh so we didn’t embarrass her, but even her family was hysterical.

Hope definitely had a favorite ride this trip!

thumb_IMG_1957_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1965_1024.jpg

MK_MINETRAIN_20160921_392355696198.jpeg
MK_MINETRAIN_20160921_7809369083.jpeg

Figment Forever

Original Poster

Then we were off to do something new for us - the raceway!

thumb_IMG_1975_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1971_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1979_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1982_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1989_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1990_1024.jpg

I hadn’t been on this since I was 7 years old! It was really fun – until the end when the person behind us crashed into Hope and me. It scared the heck out of both of us and it sent us flying forward. My back actually hurt after it happened!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
As the cruise started, the family would not stop talking! I mean they talked over the skipper. I felt bad for her – although we were interested her jokes – she was drowned out. So she just gave up which was disappointing because that’s half the fun of Jungle Cruise

Unfortunately, the drama from the Jungle Cruise followed us to the bird house. Different people – but seriously, they talked throughout the entire show!!

Yep – the whole time the family in front of us would not stop talking. Apparently, one guy wasn’t even happy talking to his family because he was talking on his phone the whole time! I was proud of Ross for not “getting involved”, but he was upset.

Can't stand it when people talk incessantly, during an attraction. It's particularly rude when a CM is trying to talk to the guests onboard. Even if the group on the cruise didn't understand the language, it's still rude to talk while the CM is there for everyone else, who wants to hear her. It's just basic courtesy--I don't give a rat's behind what language people speak or don't speak..

My hunch is that you may have enjoyed the Tiki Birds show a lot more if a group next to you wasn't gabbing the whole time. I love the Tiki Birds--such a classic Disney attraction. It may not be for everyone, but I do think that you might have enjoyed it a bit more, if you weren't irritated with the chatty guests around you.

Well, you went for the trifecta with being surrounded with noisy guests again, on the boat ride for Small World, too! My goodness, my nerves would have been shot by that point. I commend Ross for keeping his cool; I'm not sure I would have! ;)

dizfan917

oy! It was SO HOT. I've nearly vowed to not return to WDW in September because 2016 was nearly unbearable. I've been almost every year in September for my birthday since 2006, but it was just so uncomfortable last year.

I couldn't believe that I actually saw you guys (was it right after Monsters Laugh Floor? that was WHERE I saw you...). I thought "WDW is HUGE, I'll never actually see anyone that I might recognize from the Trip Reports", but then you were everywhere... we spotted you AT LEAST two more times - once at the FROZEN Sing-A-Long in Hollywood Studios and once near Mexico in EPCOT. I think my friends even spotted you in another location!

It truly IS "a small world after all".

Gurt

oy! It was SO HOT. I've nearly vowed to not return to WDW in September because 2016 was nearly unbearable. I've been almost every year in September for my birthday since 2006, but it was just so uncomfortable last year.

I don't think I have ever been so hot in all my life, iv never known a September like it! One day at MK we picked a horrible spot to wait for the parade a lovely CM was talking to us as we sat waiting all I could think about was how awful I must have looked with sweat pouring down my face trying to discreetly wipe my forehead, he walks away and a photopass photographer came over to take pictures with the giant birthday button, I really wanted to tell her to go away but smiled sweetly!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Can't stand it when people talk incessantly, during an attraction. It's particularly rude when a CM is trying to talk to the guests onboard. Even if the group on the cruise didn't understand the language, it's still rude to talk while the CM is there for everyone else, who wants to hear her. It's just basic courtesy--I don't give a rat's behind what language people speak or don't speak..

My hunch is that you may have enjoyed the Tiki Birds show a lot more if a group next to you wasn't gabbing the whole time. I love the Tiki Birds--such a classic Disney attraction. It may not be for everyone, but I do think that you might have enjoyed it a bit more, if you weren't irritated with the chatty guests around you.

Well, you went for the trifecta with being surrounded with noisy guests again, on the boat ride for Small World, too! My goodness, my nerves would have been shot by that point. I commend Ross for keeping his cool; I'm not sure I would have! ;)

Yes - I'll probably give the Tiki Birds another shot. I try to take everything with a sense of humor - but it does amaze me how oblivious and rude some people are.

Figment Forever

Original Poster

I couldn't believe that I actually saw you guys (was it right after Monsters Laugh Floor? that was WHERE I saw you...). I thought "WDW is HUGE, I'll never actually see anyone that I might recognize from the Trip Reports", but then you were everywhere... we spotted you AT LEAST two more times - once at the FROZEN Sing-A-Long in Hollywood Studios and once near Mexico in EPCOT. I think my friends even spotted you in another location!

It truly IS "a small world after all".

That's so funny! I wish you would have said hi again - because I was so mad at myself for not asking for a picture!! So are you attempting another September Birthday trip?

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 10 Continued...

We got Hope her ice-cream and then did a few favorites. Look... someone's taking a power nap.

thumb_IMG_1995_1024.jpg

The teacups…

thumb_IMG_1996_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2003_1024.jpg

Mickey’s Philharmagic…

thumb_IMG_2008_1024.jpg

Winnie The Pooh...

thumb_IMG_2018_1024.jpg

And of course, Small World again…

thumb_IMG_2022_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2024_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2030_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2040_1024.jpg

As we were waiting for Small world, there was a family behind us with an elderly gentleman in a wheelchair. As we moved up, the family stayed put. The young man that was in charge of the wheel chair was checking his phone and not paying attention. Now for those of you not familiar with the handicapped entrance to Small World – it’s a ramp - obviously. All of a sudden I look behind me and see this wheelchair with the elderly gentleman heading right for us! Yep – the guy let go of it and it took off down the ramp. Ross jumped in front of us and went to “catch” the wheelchair, but luckily the guy saw it and sprinted to grab hold of it and stop it.

What can I say? Drama finds us.

Figment Forever

Original Poster

Then it was time for dinner! Julia wanted to eat at Columbia Harbor House and Ross wanted Pecos Bill’s – so we got a seat in CHH and Ross went off to get his food at PB. It was then we realized that we had a ton of QS and snack credits left! Usually, we only have a few snack credits left at the end, but some reason, we had an enormous amount still. Maybe it was because of the heat or perhaps because Ross was waiting for F&W booths?

We got an insane amount of food. I don’t know why, but I wanted soup. It was a million degrees out – and yet I wanted the clam chowder. Go figure!

thumb_IMG_2059_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2061_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2063_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2066_1024.jpg

More frozen lemonade…

thumb_IMG_2062_1024.jpg

Ross’s 1 – credit meal that could have fed all of us!

thumb_IMG_2073_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2075_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2074_1024.jpg

Figment Forever

Original Poster

Julia wanted to go back to the Laugh Floor – would Hope go back? Yep – she did!

thumb_IMG_2097_1024.jpg

As we exited the Laugh Floor, someone came up to me and said “hi”. It was @dizfan917 from the boards!! I was so excited – I didn’t even know what to say! Lol Did I ask for a picture? Nope - total FAIL. As he walked away, Julia looked at me and and said, “Wow mommy, you’re famous!” lol I laughed and looked at Ross who conceded, “I’m impressed.”

It was getting late – but we wanted to close the park down so we rode Ariel and them Small World AGAIN!

thumb_IMG_2103_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2104_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2106_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2107_1024.jpg

I think Hope was making up for lost time since it was closed our first couple of days! Lol

At this point I think Ross and Julia went off to ride something so Hope and I took advantage of the time alone to go through the gift shops on Main Street and then we saw something we never have experienced before – the final castle show! It was so beautiful and so peaceful! Even though there were stills crowds of people walking out, it was on the quiet side – I suppose everyone was exhausted by now and the husltle and bustle that happens in the morning wasn’t here. We watched and took it all in. In 3 days, we would be back in New York and back to reality. :(

thumb_IMG_2134_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2141_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2145_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2148_1024.jpg

Up Next: The ugliest burger I have ever seen

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom