Trip Report Spoiler Alert. No Pandora, but Flowers and Gardens and Waves Galore.

Time for my first trip report!!! Exciting! First off going to tag some people in no particular order. :) @21stamps , @figmentfan423 , @Gabe1 , @betty rose , @littleroo, @Tony the Tigger , @donaldtoo, @Mr Ferret 88 , @Tuvalu , @TheMouseFan , @blgauger , @bee , @Cesar R M , @Songbird76 , @StarWarsGirl , @MinnieM123 , @MOXOMUMD , @ajrwdwgirl , @93boomer , @Courtney6682 , @amjt660 , @Doc Disney , @Goofyernmost @everybody:)

If you haven't read the ptr here is a link to it. :)
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/our-hopefully-pandora-thrown-in-f-g-trip-2017.925406/

The planning for this trip May 19-27 started in November last year after I received a precious pin code in my email. I couldn't say no to that. ;)

Eventually I ended up getting a better rate when the AP discounts came out(dh had an AP at the time), so I rebooked for the same resort, The Cabins at Fort Wilderness. :happy:

Who was going: me, dh, and the 4 kiddos(dd15, ds13, dd9, dd6). Who we were leaving at home(3 dogs, 3 cats, 1 cockatiel, and a dear SIL who was housesitting for a price. ;))

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
I took dd6 to Ketchakiddee Creek and she had fun on the little slides.
IMG_1064.JPG

We met up back with the others and went back to the lazy river(Castaway Creek).
IMG_1073.JPG
IMG_1075.JPG
IMG_1084.JPG

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
We went to lunch at Leaning Palms. No pics but I had a black bean plantain burger and it was delicious. The kids had chicken tenders and a hot dog. Don't remember what dh had but everything got eaten. The kids meals all came in sand pails so that worked great for the sand at the wave pool which is where we went after lunch. :)
IMG_1089.JPG

Dd6 decided she wanted to make a sandcastle and soon enough made friends with a couple of other youngsters. While she was playing dd15 came by with a nice scrape that was bleeding. She got knocked over by a wave and the rough ground scraped her skin. Luckily one of the moms whose kid was playing with mine had bandaids in her stroller. This saved me a trip to first aid. :)
IMG_1092.JPG
IMG_1095.JPG
IMG_1097.JPG

I got myself a Pomegranate drink after we were done with the wave pool from Joffries. It was really good.:hungry: I would love one now.
IMG_1099.JPG

Stitch was waiting for us again by the window.:)
IMG_1101.JPG

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
After we got cleaned up dh wanted to go off property to eat. I know blasphemous. :jawdrop: But dd15 had been craving deep dish pizza and we knew there was Chicago style pizza place near enough. Giordano's. So we went to the one we remembered. Unfortunatel when we got there it was closed for renovations! Disappointment set in but I used the handy phone and found there was another one further east off I-4. I called to make sure we wouldn't need a reservation since it was 5 by then and the person who answered said we would be fine. So 15 minutes later I think we were there. The location was a bit older looking then the first one but it didn't matter since we were hungry. There was an outdoor eating area and another family was just seated there. We had considered eating out there but dh said it looked like it would rain. About 5 minutes after we were seated the skies opened and the other family came inside.

Anyway we ordered fried mozzarella, garlic bread with cheese, a stuffed cheese pizza, and a stuffed broccoli and spinach pizza. The pizza's were both small. We ended up basically having one full pizza to take. We could not finish it. I guess we don't eat much. Well we know better for next time because there will be. The food was delicious. :hungry:
IMG_1102.JPG
IMG_1103.JPG
IMG_1104.JPG

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
After dinner we headed back and dh and I took a golf cart ride back to the settlement. It was like mini date. Hey I will take what I can get. ;)It is nice to have a child old enough to babysit.
IMG_1105.JPG

We decided to check out the stables. They were closed but you could see some horses.:)
IMG_1106.JPG

Cinderella's horses.
IMG_1107.JPG

They wanted nothing to do with us and started walking away after we got there. I was a little insulted.:D
IMG_1108.JPG

This is the black smith area.
IMG_1110.JPG

Then we went to the barn. First thing on the left is the Calliope. You can push a button to hear it.
IMG_1111.JPG
IMG_1114.JPG

PrincessL

We went to lunch at Leaning Palms. No pics but I had a black bean plantain burger and it was delicious. The kids had chicken tenders and a hot dog. Don't remember what dh had but everything got eaten. The kids meals all came in sand pails so that worked great for the sand at the wave pool which is where we went after lunch. :)View attachment 212031
Dd6 decided she wanted to make a sandcastle and soon enough made friends with a couple of other youngsters. While she was playing dd15 came by with a nice scrape that was bleeding. She got knocked over by a wave and the rough ground scraped her skin. Luckily one of the moms whose kid was playing with mine had bandaids in her stroller. This saved me a trip to first aid. :)View attachment 212032 View attachment 212033 View attachment 212034
I got myself a Pomegranate drink after we were done with the wave pool from Joffries. It was really good.:hungry: I would love one now.
View attachment 212035
Stitch was waiting for us again by the window.:)View attachment 212036

I love that stitch it always waiting in the window. How cute!

Tuvalu

The new H2O line is now at all resort levels. The values and mods get soap, shampoo and conditioner. The deluxe get facial soap (the same 42 gram "bath" soap as the values & mods) plus a larger (47 gram) bath soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion. Club level receives aloe gel, foot cream and ultra hydrating facial cream. Everything is the Sea Salt and Sea Marine fragrances.

Love your Celebration and Typhoon Lagoon pics!

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
The new H2O line is now at all resort levels. The values and mods get soap, shampoo and conditioner. The deluxe get facial soap (the same 42 gram "bath" soap as the values & mods) plus a larger (47 gram) bath soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion. Club level receives aloe gel, foot cream and ultra hydrating facial cream. Everything is the Sea Salt and Sea Marine fragrances.

Ok. There I was thinking that our tips were so amazing that our mousekeeper showered us (hee hee pun intended) with the good stuff. ;)

Thanks about the pictures!!:)

MinnieM123

Premium Member

My goodness, you even know the number of grams the soaps weigh, and who gets what, etc. :joyfull: I like the extra swag they throw in for the club level guests. ;)

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
We were able to get a small glimpse at one of the horses that was in the barn. There is a rope to block visitors during non-visiting times.
IMG_1112.JPG
IMG_1113.JPG

Across from the Calioppe is a small room that shows awards Disney horses have won and descriptions of the types of horses that live there.
IMG_1116.JPG
IMG_1117.JPG
IMG_1118.JPG

This is the outside of the barn.
IMG_1120.JPG

MouseDreaming

We were able to get a small glimpse at one of the horses that was in the barn. There is a rope to block visitors during non-visiting times.
View attachment 212249 View attachment 212250
Across from the Calioppe is a small room that shows awards Disney horses have won and descriptions of the types of horses that live there.
View attachment 212251 View attachment 212252 View attachment 212254
This is the outside of the barn.
View attachment 212255
My horse crazy DD would love to check this out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom